- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your kind reviews for the last 2 chappies, here's another one for you.
Its difficult to believe what they had seen. Its even more difficult to believe that their only hope of getting out of there was gone.

“Oh fuck… who the fuck did this man!” Groaned AJ when Kevin pulled the man back to his seat. His face was badly distorted as if something with sharp claws has scratched his face that even some of the flesh were exposed to the air. His eyeballs were almost popping out of its place. Whoever and whatever did it was not any ordinary man or animals. Its a ferocious one coming out of this world, they thought.

“Geez… what happened to his face? Oh my God! Oh my God!” Exclaimed Brian as he tried to calm himself down.

“Man! He reminds me of that movie we watched last night!” Said Nick when he saw the face for the first time.

“What? You mean Event Horizon?” Asked AJ.

“Yeah! That’s the one! That’s the one! But geez! He looks so damn horrible! Just like the masked potatoes-”

“I think I’m gonna-” Howie ran to the other side of the jeep to throw up when he saw the ugly sight of the man.

“Right! Now enough of your joke Nick… come and give me a hand!” Called Kevin as he opened up the door to unfasten the seat belt and checked the man’s pulse. No pulse and no heart beat. Confirmed the man was dead and perhaps he was already dead when they saw him coming. But what about the scratches on his face? When did that happen? How did that happen?

The mystery still remained.

“This is insane! This is too much for me!” Cried Howie as he rubbed the tears away from his eyes.

“Look D… Kevy said everything is going to be okay and everything will be okay alright…” Consoled Nick as he refused to lend a helping hand and instead he went up to Howie. He was about to walk back to the others when he saw a box lying next to the tyres.

“Nick? What are you doing?” Howie asked.

“Sssshhh… look… there’s a box here!” Nick said as he tried to move the box away.

“What is it?”

“I don’t know! Chocolates perhaps?” Nick faked a smile.

“Funny!” Nick was about to open the box when something unexpected happened to the dead man.

“Argh!!!!!” Screamed AJ and Brian in unison when the dead an grabbed AJ’s hands.

“The box! Don’t let it have the box! Please! Help me… its going to get me… please… help me… help me…” Pleaded the man. AJ retaliated from the grip but to no avail. The man’s grip was so tight that AJ had to scream for help. Nick and Howie helped to pull him back while Brian tried to release the grip.

“Let him go! Let him go damn it!” Shouted Kevin as he pulled the man away from AJ.

“Please help me… help me… its coming… its coming to get you…” Said the man as he tried to warn the man who was trembling right in front of him. His eyes darted straight at AJ as his index finger slowly pointed out at his direction before his head fell back and died. AJ gave a strong pull to release his hand from the dead man’s grip and then in full of confusion, he leaned his back against the jeep.

Kevin and Brian were breathing hard while Howie and Nick were still in shock.

“Look Jay… whatever he said… its a crap alright… its rubbish… its bullshit-”

“No Kev! I told ya… I saw that fucking thing alright and that fucking shit is coming now… there’s no way I can escape from it… there’s no way I can escape from it now… no way-”

“Jay! Jay! Listen to me… nothing will happen to you alright… no fucking thing can harm you while I’m still here… now I need you to do this with me… you can’t give up, not now… we still have to go through this and I’m sure we will make it…”

“But you saw it-”

“I saw that man dead but not you. We will leave this place safe and sound alright!” Assured Kevin as he placed his hands on AJ’s shoulder and gave him a nod. AJ wished he had the courage to absorb that but something inside him was telling otherwise. Looking at the dead man reminded him of his future fate. Death.

“Guys… that man was talking about a box right? Is this the one?” Nick asked in heavy breath as he showed a box covered with sand.

“Where did you get that from?” Kevin asked.

“Over there… right next to the tyres.”

“What’s inside?” Brian asked.

“Chocolates perhaps?” The others gave Nick a cold stare. “Fine! I was just kidding… I’ll see what’s inside…” Nick opened the box and found nothing but stones. Stones engraved with some Egyptian transcripts.

“Stones?” AJ asked.

“Not just ordinary stones but see… there are some words on it but I don’t understand it… perhaps some transcript or something?” Nick said as he checked the stones.

“Rrrrsssshhhh…”

“Eerrr… guys… guys… did you guys hear that?” Asked Howie as he held his flashlight close to his chest. Nick quickly closed the box and held it tight.

“Get in the jeep.” Said Kevin as he pushed the dead man’s leg away from the tyres.

As instructed they rushed their way into the jeep. Brian, Nick and Howie took the back seats while this time round, it was Kevin behind the wheels instead of AJ. Kevin was about to start the car when he realised that the key was not there.

“What do you mean the keys are not there?” Asked Brian desperately wanting to get out of the creeping place.

“I don’t know but the damn keys are not here!” Cried Kevin as he searched his seat while AJ searched his place and the floor.

“Guys… tell me… tell me its not the key there…” Uttered Nick as his eyes darted straight at the glittering object lying on the road, a distance away from the jeep.

“Where??” Howie asked.

Nick pointed out the object to them.

“Shit!” Groaned Kevin as he slapped the wheel.

“Oh fuck!” Cried AJ as he couldn’t believe their luck.

“Oh God!” Moaned Brian from behind.

“Can somebody please tell me what are we going to do now?” Asked Howie as he winded up the window.

“We need the key!” Exclaimed Kevin.

“Fuck man! I’ll go and get it.” Said AJ.

“No. You stay in the car-”

“No! I’ll-”

“Guys! We have no time to argue… can you please hurry up!” Snapped someone from behind.

“Don’t argue with me Jay! You stay in the car and I’ll go.”

“No, no… you stay here and I’lll go… if anything happens… leave me alright-”

“What the fuck you talking about now? You will be fine alright.”

“I hope so Kev.” AJ unfastened his seat belt and was about to open his door when he saw a glimpse of a big shadow reflected from behind. He quickly shut his door and peered from the rear glass.

“Oh guys… do something!” Said Nick.

“We have no other choice!” Said Kevin as he pulled the board down to look for the right wires and ignited them to start the car. There’s no way he will let AJ endangered his life for the stupid key, he thought. While he was trying to start the car, they heard a loud shrieking voice coming from behind followed by a big thud on the top of the jeep. It was so heavy that a dent formed on the top of the jeep.

“Whatever you want to do Kev… do it fast… we have no much time left…” Moaned Howie.

“Hurry up Kev! Hurry up!” Chanted Brian as he kept tapping the Kevin’s seat.

“Don’t rush me!”

“Quick Kev! Hurry up! Its right on top of us now! Hurry up!” Urged Nick.

“Oh God! We’re gonna die! We’re gonna die!” Screamed Howie when the jeep started to shake hard.

“Shut up D! Shut the fuck up!” Shouted AJ as he held on to his seat.

“Kevy! I think if you want to start the car, its best to start it now!” Shouted Brian from behind.

“Now Kevy! Now!” Supported Nick.

“I’m doing it alright! I’m doing it! Oh come on… don’t do this to me… get it… get it…” Uttered Kevin to himself as he searched for the right wires before he tied them up to start the car.

“Kevin!!!!!!!!!!” Screeched Howie.

“Yes! Hold on tight guys!” Exclaimed Kevin the moment the managed to start the car in the nick of time. He pressed on the accelerator and was about to zoom through the dark night when they saw a huge monstrous look-alike standing in the middle of the road.

“Press on it Kevin! For God’s sake press on it!” Cried Nick.

“We will kill it!” Protested Brian.

“Either we kill it or it will kill us all.” Cried Nick. “Press on it Kevin! Press on it!” Shouted Nick hysterically.

“Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Bang!