- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
One more chappy is up and the final one is coming up soon. Hope you like it and reviews are highly appreciated! thanks...
It happened in a split second and within those precious moments in their lives whilst battling for their lives, AJ managed to catch a glimpse of the ferocious thing that stood in the middle of the road. He wasn’t sure if it was a man or a monster. It was too huge to be called a man and too ugly that nothing in this world could ever describe it. For the first time, their eyes met and AJ could sense a connection. A very close connection and before he could make any recognition, the jeep crashed onto the nearby tree. Kevin lost control of the wheel when he tried to avoid from the collision with AJ’s car, which was previously left right in the middle of the road.

Jeepers creepers came to everyone’s mind but its too late. They were not in any movie sets, its real and its happening to them right there and then.

“Kevin… ouch… guys…” Silence. “Bri… anyone there… D? Oh… Nick… Nick are you there?” AJ called out their names in his sub-conscious mind as he tried to force himself up but something was hanging or rather trapping his legs in between that he could hardly move at all except for his head and his eyes.

AJ lifted up his head lightly only to let his tears flowed down his bloody cheeks as he watched how the brutality occurred right before his eyes. Kevin was maliciously dragged out of the car by the hair. His face was coloured with blood and his shirt was no longer in one piece. The perfect body which was once being admired by millions of their fans has been exposed and soon will become a sumptuous meal for the monster.

AJ groaned and pleaded with his unheard voice to spare all his friends. The first picture that came to his mind when he saw Kevin being dragged out was Kristin. God knows how she would react especially now she’s expecting their first baby? What will she tell her child? That her father was brutally killed by an evil monster? He could still remember that smile on Kevin’s face when he came in to the recording studio and how proud he was telling everyone about him being a father.

Next, he saw Brian being the next victim to be dragged out of the car. His innocent face was no longer recognisable. It was tarred with blood and he could see Brian suffered a bad cut due to the crash. He wished he could hear Brian�s voice once again. The voice that captured the heart of his wife and sang the sweet lullaby for his son, and it was the same voice that captured the hearts of many of their fans out there. The voice that will soon be forgotten. He wasn’t sure where its bringing Brian’s body but no doubt that he will also suffer the same fate as Kevin.

“No…please no… wake up bro… wake up…” Uttered AJ softly when it came back for the third body. Nick.

The same cheerful and lively boy was no longer in his usual self. He was quiet and soulless and AJ hated it. Nick was dead and he died right before his very eyes. His blonde hair, his white skin were smeared with blood. It torn his heart as much as he believed would kill thousands more out there if they should ever get to see the state Nick was in at that moment. . Its been a very long time since he saw that face smiling and laughing again after those problems never seems to fail to fall on the poor boy. Just as he thought Nick has found the love of his life with Paris, it ended up with Nick feeling more devastated than before. Nick has never made any confession but he did cry all alone in the silent and even though his heart was totally disfigured, he never blamed Paris for that. That was something that I really liked about Nick. So far he has never put the blame on the girls who cheated on him or making him looked like a fool except that sometimes, his kind has been misinterpreted. Now Nick is gone and his memories will remained in the hearts of many. AJ shut his eyes as he bid the last goodbye to his little brother.

“D… D… answer me D… D…” Cried AJ softly as he tried to pull his legs away but to no avail. He has tried calling out Howie’s name but there was no answer. It was hard and painful moments for AJ but he knew by then what has happened to Howie. AJ laid his head down waiting for his turn to be dragged out. He heard the footsteps getting closer and as he shut his eyes, he felt something warm dripped onto his cheeks and forehead. It was Howie’s blood and when the body was dragged out, AJ could hear the snapping sounds of the bones coming from the back seat. “I’m sorry D… I’m sorry…” He cried as he shook his head. He remembered of never seeing Howie been so much happier, not before he found LeighB. The girl of his dream. They had planned to get married by the end of the year and AJ had volunteered himself to be his best man but now… everything has shattered into pieces.

The smell of the blood caused a tidal wave of nausea in his stomach. Apart from the strong stench of blood, there was another foul smell that attacked his nostrils. Could it be the decaying body? Impossible since the bodies were only a few minutes or perhaps a few hours dead. What smell could it be? AJ brushed off the smell away from his mind as he waited for his death.

“Heck!” Chided AJ upon the thought of death itself. The time has come and he has nothing to fear. Afterall he was already dead the moment when his friends were viciously killed. AJ clutched his fists and felt a metallic object around his finger. The ring. A present from Sarah as a token of their love. He didn’t mean to be unfaithful. Sarah was the woman of his dream and he admitted that he does take her presence for granted. He remembered of lying to Sarah that he has forgotten about her, their love and most importantly he has gotten rid of their love token out of his window the day when he slept with another girl. He knew how anguish and drastic it was for Sarah, not after what she has done for him. He loved her and wanted the best for her and he knew, he wasn’t the best one and in order to get her to carry on with her life, he has decided he has to make that decision. Oh! He missed her already.

“Cccrrrrrpppp…”

The footsteps broke into his daze. Its only seconds that were separating them apart and its getting closer to him. “Eat me you evil monster! You son of a bitch! You son of a bitch! Get me! Get me!” Cursed AJ when he saw that thing was staring down at him. There was something in his hands. Its the stones. It was the same one that Nick had showed it to them earlier on. They were supposed to keep and protect the box but looks like they have failed the mission.

Slowly AJ gulped down his saliva and knew his time to see the world has come to an end. Goodbye to the wonderful world out there, goodbye my love, goodbye mom… knowing that there was no way he could get himself out of there alive. AJ shut his eyes and that was the last time he felt himself breathing in a gruesome dead end…