- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi Supreme Overlord! Thanks for dropping by and yeah, i can see that my story is pretty long and since English is NOT my first language too so i hope in a way what i am trying to describe and tell the readers are quite understandable and readable. hee... Anyway, Chapter 6 is up and its dedicated to everyone who takes the time to read it. Reviews are highly appreciated and thanks in advance!
Apart from the nightmare, there was no further information even on the trial, which he once was taken into custody as one of the accused in the trial stand because like what Annie had told them earlier on that she only got to know about the whole trial when they came back to Saint Town after Benny was transferred back to his homeground for a business reason.

Johnny McWright was the last name given by Annie. The name they both been looking and searching for. Annie had mentioned names of Andy, Tim, Simon and of course the latest victim was her husband and hearing Johnny McWright’s name was something new to the brothers. In an instant, the picture came clear in their heads.

“So where is this Johnny McWright?” Dean asked.

“He came early and left.” Annie said.

“Why?” Sam exchanged glances with his brother before he turned back to Annie. .

“I don’t know… he says something about work and that he needs to go back home immediately and stuff... like I care!”

“Did he mention anything weird before he leaves just now? Maybe something similar as to Benny?” Now it was Dean who asked.

“I don’t know… I really don’t know… but one thing I know is that… its only after death you get to know who is your real friend and partner… to think that my husband has always sing praises of him, idolize him but he can’t even have that patience of waiting till the whole ceremony is over to leave.” Said Annie in a regretful mannered.

“Do you know where he lives Annie?” Dean asked again.

“Yeah… for someone who doesn’t like to socialize with people he lives further from all of us. Once you get out from here, take the road leading to the Smith’s farmyard. Once you find Smith’s farmyard… you are not far away from his home…. But… not sure if you can still catch him there though coz he sounded pretty urgent to leave just now.”

“Its okay Annie, we’ll try our luck there. Thanks for your help-”

“Wait… why all these interrogations? I thought its supposed to be the police’s work? Why… I mean why would a Father want to go through all these things? Are you both really Fathers? Or…” Annie asked in curiosity.

“No.. no… we are from the Church but because they suffered such a… a terrifying death so… we decided to help them out so that… their souls can rest in peace once their work here is done. You know sometimes its quite a pity to see a restless souls out there wandering about the Earth because they have no one to turn to and because of that both Father Chris and myself… we decided to help in whatever way we could.” Preached Dean confidently while Sam nodded his head in agreement.

“I’m sorry… I’m… I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have such doubts-”

“No no… its okay… we are used to it already now.” Continued Dean with Sam forcing a convincing smile behind him.

“Right then… I guess I better get going…”

“Sure… thanks once again for your crucial help. It means a lot to us. Do take care.” Annie still wore that suspicious mark as she nodded at Dean, turned to Sam and walked towards the black Mercedes. It did not take long before the black Mercedes sped off and left the burial area.

“What do you think?”

“About what?”

“That she’s telling the truth?”

“I don’t know Sammie… maybe there’s one way to find out.” Dean said as he took out his car key and walked back to his car.

After getting a more detailed instruction on how to get to Johnny McWright’s home, both brothers got themselves ready for the unexpected.

“So its true this is a case of a spirit seeking for revenge… ” Exclaimed Sam as he turned to his brother.

“What’s new? If you are brutally killed… you think you can rest in peace with no justice being done upon your death. And what’s worst when you are just like what? 17? Its like having your long life cut short.”

“No wonder she warned me the other day…” Muttered Sam softly.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing… its just that… there is one thing that I don’t get it.”

“What?”

“I mean… Dean look, she died four years ago and the killings only happening this year… four years later… the big question is WHY now?”

“Hmmm… maybe she has just graduated from some seeking revenge course or something. You know… seeking revenge is not an easy task.” As someone who was truly satisfied and amused by his own answer, Dean flashed a smile at Sam.

“Funny Dean!” Dean’s answer was reciprocated with a deep glare from Sam.

“What? Alright alright… but we really need to get to this Johnny guy before she does.”

“You think this Johnny guy believe us?” Asked Sam as he knew how some skeptical some people were when they were told of such things.

“I don’t know but with what is happening right now, he has to coz we’re just trying to save his ass afterall!” Dean said as he made a turn at the road junction leading to Johnny’s residence.

“Okay, what IF… he doesn’t believe us, what are we going to do?”


“We’ll tie him up and keep him in the wardrobe.”

“I’m serious Dean! What are we going to do if he doesn’t believe us, what if we didn’t get to him on time today… what if he has already left.”

“Then I guess we can see Sabrina booking for the flight ticket as well…”

“Dean this is not the time to joke around alright!” Sam sounded annoyed at his brother as he threw his hands in the air as a sign of giving up. Dean only smiled. What else can he do? That was his style of doing work and he knew if he had to take everything seriously, he would eventually one day end up in the asylum. Dean shook his head to brush that thought away.

“A soul is more powerful in a place where she was killed and by having all four of them back in the same town will only strengthen her motive for revenge. Johnny can’t escape from this even if he leaves but for as long as he’s still in this town, we’ll have to make sure that he’s unharmed.”

“But don’t you think he deserve it Dean? I mean… as if you have not done enough damage with raping her, you killed her, and worst still you escaped from the gallows just because of the double-standard in the society. I feel that I am helping a killer.” Sam said as he bit his fingernails and faced the green field outside.

“Hey… maybe he’s the killer, maybe he’s not… and if he IS really guilty, I doubt the police would want to re-open that case and having him up for trial again… we need to know the truth not to help him but the poor soul… prevent the soul from killing more people but at the same time try to rectify some things so that she can rest in peace.” Dean said in both consoling and convincing tone. Sam nodded his head lightly as he leaned back to his seat and promised to himself that he will try his best to help Sabrina.

“Alright… here we are…” Dean parked his car outside the gate of the house. It was a huge four-storey house in faded blue paint, had a large statue of a dolphin decorating the pond at the center of the open space and the sight of his car in the garage made them smile in relief.

“Thank God we’re not too late.” Sam said as he closed the door behind him and walked up to Dean.

“You bet!” Dean pressed the red button and waited for a response.

“Yes?”

“Oh hello! Is Mr. Johnny McWright in? Can we see him?” Asked Dean from the speaker next to the red button.

“Who are you?”

“Oh! I’m Father Mahoney and this is Father Chris. We need to see Mr. Johnny McWright… regarding Benny.” Not long after that the metallic gate gave a creaking sound as it opened up for the guests.

“You sure you wanna do this Dean?” Whispered Sam.

“Do you have to ask me now when we are already in?” Dean whispered back.

They passed by a green and polluted pond with dolphin-sculptured statue that they saw earlier on from afar. The water in it had almost dried up and had turned green with mud, soil and dried leaves as well as dirty green moulds on the walls. The house looked welcoming and grand from outside but as they got closer, they noticed that the house was barely being taken care of. It looked like it has been deserted for years.

While they were looking around at the surrounding of the house, a tall thin man stood at the doorstep caught their attention. He looked weary with black bags underneath both eyes, hair was messy, unshaven beard and it was the mole that made him looked familiar.

“Who are you guys? What do you want from me?” He asked in a deep husky and unfriendly voice.

“I’m Father Mahoney and this is Father Chris-”

“Yeah yeah yeah I saw you both this morning.”

“This morning?” Sam asked.

“At the graveyard. What do you want?” Sam exchanged turned to Dean and gave him a wary look.

“But we didn’t see you just now-”

“Because I have to leave early to pack my things. What is it that you want? I don’t have all day for this.” He snapped into Sam’s sentence sounded impatience and irritating mannered.

“We need to ask you a few questions about your friends… Tim, Handy, Simon and… Benny.” Johnny took the picture from Dean. His hands were trembling and so were his lips. They were moving as if they were trying to say something.

“Mr. McWright… are you alright?” Sam asked.

“Yes…yes… I’m perfectly alright… until all these things happen.” He said hesitatingly.

“Maybe you wanna tell us what happen?” Johnny looked at Sam and shook his head lightly as he walked to the veranda.

“Please Mr. McWright… we need to know what happen.” Dean said as he peeked through the glasses and saw a lady feeding her child in the dining room.

“Why does that matter now? They are dead anyway-”

“Yes, they are dead but you are not… yet… thought there’s a possibility that you could be next-”

“Who are you? What did you say? Don’t tell me its you guys who killed them?” His eyes scrutinized at the brothers as if he could get the truth out of that.

“No! No! You’ve got us wrong! We just want to help-”

“If you really want to help then why didn’t you help them before? Why did you let them die? Why?”

“The answer is not with us Mr. McWright, its with you. You do know the reason why they were killed, aren’t you?” Said Sam and he enforced certain kind of persistence in his tone.

“You DO know what is going on in here aren’t you Mr. McWright? Now that your other 4 best friends have died, no doubt that you are the next target… whether its based on foul play or not, you know you are going next which is why you plan to leave this place as soon as possible.” Dean’s voice convinced and scared him at the same time.

Johnny McWright kept quiet and remained silence for a few moments before he finally opened up.

“I just want to have fun.” He began his story. “I… I… I really have no intention of hurting her… I truly admire her… she is beautiful and drives most of us crazy with her beauty…” Then he received an instant flashback on what happened that night. His whole life changed because of that night, a night that has been haunting him for years.

“What happen that night?” Sam asked when he saw Johnny McWright got into deep in his thoughts.

“We were drunk that night and… Sabrina… yeah, her name was Sabrina… I heard her friends called her a few times… so that was how I got to know of her name… we were drunk and we saw her walking back home alone… so we thought of giving her a lift… you know… trying to act cool and stuff… but Tim was out of control… he grabbed her from behind and took her to the bushes. We ran after him… then I saw Handy… Simon and even Benny… taking turn to taste her… she was crying for help, she was bleeding… she was in pain… I tried… I tried to calm her down so that I can… let her go… but then she bit me.” Johnny stopped and showed a pair of teeth marks on his right arm that looked like an inerasable tattoos on his skin. Perhaps that was one obvious thing that gave him a constant reminder of the whole incident.

Dean and Sam looked at the marks and nodded their heads.

“Then you killed her?” Dean asked.

“I… I… I really didn’t mean to… she bit me and that made me angry… even though I was drunk, I know I am still in control of myself… but after she bit me… I… I became wild and started slapping her and hit her head a few times to the ground and then… then I… I…”

“What did you do?” Sam asked.

“I strangled her. I strangled her to death.”

“What? So its true that you guys raped and killed her-”

“No! They did the dirty part… and I merely trying to cover up everything in my anger.” Said Johnny in his most remorseful mannered. “I know its my fault… I should have controlled myself but… but I was too mad at that time… I just don’t know what to do… everything just happen you know…”

“One more question Mr. McWright… how did you guys manage to get away from the gallows? Apart from the statement that the entire evidence of DNA has been tainted.” Dean asked as he slipped both his hands in the jacket pockets.

“My father was an influential man. He has the power to change everything… even the name of trees in this town… tampering with the evidence to save his own son is his responsibility-”

“Responsibility… then I guess she is just carrying out what she believed to punish those who are responsible for her death.” Sam said.

“I know its my fault… I know… but please Fathers… please save me… please help me…” Dean was shocked to see him kneeling before him and slowly Dean took him by his arms. If it was not for that softer side of him, he would have kicked the man away and let him suffer to death for his incorrigible acts on such an innocent girl.

“We are not God Mr. McWright but we are trying our best to save you provided that we get to her before she gets to you…” Dean continued.

“Please… I’ll do anything… anything at all if you save me… I’ll accept any punishment for this! Please!”

“Just want you to know that we are doing this not only because we want to save you but because we pity the soul and because of them…” Dean said as he pointed to Johnny McWright’s wife and son aged two years old who were standing at the back of the glass panel looking at them.

“Its best that you stay indoor tonight Mr. McWright –”

“But I have a plane to catch…”

“Well, if you insist on risking your own life by all means…” Dean threw a smile on the lady and waved at the little boy as he walked away with Sam.

“So what do you want to do now?” Sam asked.

“Its already 3… we’ll get something to eat and then we’ll go and find this Sabrina Ash’s grave and burn her body.”

“You think that is going to end it all?”

“I don’t know Sammie but to be sure… I want you to stay and keep a lookout for this Johnny guy while I go and burnt the body.”

“Why must it always be me who keep a lookout? Let me burn her body.” Dean stopped and turned to Sam.

“Don’t you get it? I don’t want you to go because I don’t want anything bad to happen to you alright! I’ve promised dad that I’ll take care of you so now… nothing is going to change that.”

“What makes you so sure that she is not going to get me first before you?” Sam smirked hoping to get back at Dean.

“Well… look at who is at the graveyard trying to destroy her? If she is good, then she’ll have a strong hunch that someone is trying to burn her down.”

“Maybe we should do this together Dean… you and I… we should do this together.” Sam suggested but Dean only gave a strong headshake. “Fine! I just don’t get it… why, why you can’t let me make my own decision Dean? I’m old enough to take care of myself.” Sam asked furiously.

“We’ve gone through this before Sam and this is just not the right time to argue about this alright!” Dean said as he started his car and drove away from the McWright’s home.