- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The final 2 chapters are coming right up and right now i'm working on another destination [sequel] of the Winchester Brothers... VOICES DEEP WITHIN is coming soon...
That was not the first time she stood in front of the tombstone with her favourite white Lily as a gift to decorate the pale and plain grave. Slowly she picked up the dried flowers from her previous visits and threw them away; and tucked in the new fresh ones as she sat and faced the picture in front of her. She was lovely she thought of her twin sister. In fact, they were both gifted with the same height, same crystal blue eyes, same rosy cheeks and same long curly brunette hair. They were almost identical if its not for the small and distinguished mole on her left cheek to separate them both. Other than that, its more like seeing a reflection on the mirror.

Each time she went there, she felt her routine was more like a burden than having to do it out of her own willingness. She used to love going there, spending most of her time as if her twin sister was still alive but recently she felt more like having it as a chore. The reason why she had to go was not because she had to offer her prayers so that her twin sister will rest in peace but because its one of the procedures that they had to go through in order to bring her soul back for the unfinished job.

Selena had to bring a full bowl of her own blood to the graveyard and poured it down the tombstone and chanted a few spells as being taught by her grandmother the moment she poured it down so that her soul will listen to the instructions given later on. As she read and chanted the spell, she will cry her heart out wishing and hoping that her twin sister will listen to her cries and pleas more than the spells.

That day, was like any other day. She knew that would be the last time she had to do that but at the same time, she knew after killing the last person her twin sister’s soul will remain on earth as a restless and lost soul because from what she heard, her grandmother only had the power to summon her soul back to Earth but might not be able to send her back to the other world.

“Why is this happening to you… not enough that you’ve suffered so much on Earth… now you can’t even rest in peace there… I’m sorry that I have to do this… I wish I could be stronger to fight all these Sab… I wish I was dead so that we both can be together again…” Cried Selena as she hugged Sabrina’s tomb.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“You sure you got it right Sam?” Dean asked as he stopped to catch his breath. He carried a haversack filled with his guns, bullets and Holy Water. In his hands, he had a spade and a soil digger.

“Yes Dean… you heard it yourself right? The grave-digger said once we find a huge tree then it means we are somewhere nearby… we just need to keep on moving.”

“Huge tree eh? Right… did he mention anything about counting the huge trees around? Like maybe Huge Tree 1 or Huge Tree 2 coz so far I haven’t come across any small tree yet.” Dean said sarcastically.

Sam threw a smirk and moved on. While they were walking and searching for the names at every tomb, they heard soft cries coming from afar.

“Did you hear that?” Sam asked.

“You think I’m deaf? Or course I can hear that…” Dean said as he took out the gun from underneath his shirt and held it tight while Sam kept hold of the bottle.

“Where do you think it comes from?”

“I don’t know…” Dean then took out his EMF box and inserted one of the earpiece in his ears as he pointed the box in different directions to sensor a presence. Then the needle pointed to his west and gave a loud scanning noise. “There!” Dean said as he pointed to his west.

True enough, after passing by this one huge tree they saw a figure hugging on to a tomb and with such melancholy cries they felt chill running down their spines.

“Is that her?” Sam asked.

“You’re asking me? You’ve seen her before right? Maybe you wanna ask her?” Dean joked as he smiled. Sam forced a sarcastic smile as he moved to the other side of the tree to peek at her.

“I think its her…” Sam whispered.

“How do you know?”

“I’ve seen her before right?” Dean nodded knowing that Sam had truly learnt the sarcastic traits from him well.

“So… are we going to wait for Christmas or what?” Dean whispered as he aimed at the figure.

“No Dean! Don’t shoot… we’ll go to her… I think she’s harmless.”

“Sammie, she killed FOUR guys and the fifth one is soon-to-be… what makes you think she’s harmless? I am not going to take any chances.”

“Please Dean! Listen to me… if she wants to hurt me, she would have done so the other time right? But she didn’t… instead she warned me to leave… that means she just want to kill those whom she thought is responsible for her death.” Whispered Sam in more forceful tone.

“You are just nuts you know that!”

“I’m learning that from you Dean!”

“Right!”

“Right!”

“Are we going now or what?” Dean asked again.

“Okay… here we go… one… two… three…”

“Sabrina?” Sam called out as he signaled to Dean to lower down his gun so as not to scare her off.

Selena stopped crying and was surprised to find she was not alone at the graveyard. She saw Sam and recognized him in a flash but when she saw Dean holding on to a gun, she stood up and tried to run away.

The two brothers gave a tight chase. Selena was fast to jump, skip and run at the same time as if the cemetery had always been her playground while the brothers had a tough time in trying to balance themselves from the uneven ground, position of the tombs and trees. Knowing that they could not possibly catch up with her, Dean and Sam went on separate ways hoping to catch her halfway before she reaches the gate.

Dean was still running behind her and occasionally commanded her to stop but Selena continued running until she lost her balance and tripped. Her forehead suffered a cut when she tripped and hit a tombstone. She must have hit it hard that she difficulty to stand up due to the pain and sudden giddiness. Dean ran over to her and began to sprinkle some Holy Water on her while Sam who managed to catch up with them from behind helped his brother by holding Selena down.

Seeing the Holy Water having no effect on Selena and her forehead was bleeding, both Dean and Sam exchanged their puzzling looks. Firstly, if she was a spirit or a soul perhaps the Holy Water would have taken its toil on her and they would be able to see smoke coming from her or worst still, she would have vanished by then. Secondly, she shed blood. Real red blood.

“Let me go! I say let me go! You are hurting me!” Groaned Selena as she retaliated from the hard grips by Sam.

“Look missy! If you keep on moving, there’s no way we can stop the blood isn’t it? We are not here to kill you so please… let us help you.” Dean said as he continued draping his small towel along the cut and on her cheeks to wipe the blood away. Selena could no longer feel the pain, she had gone through worst than that so what’s in the slight cut on her forehead she thought.

Selena stopped retaliating and Sam had stopped gripping her hands. When Dean had finished cleaning up the blood and dressing the cut, Dean sat in front of her and saw a glimpse of the fresh slicing cut on her palm as she pulled her hand down.

“Who are you?” Dean asked again.

“That’s not important. I have to go now-”

“Wait!” Sam took her by the arm and pulled her back.

“What else do you want?”

“Do you still remember me?” Selena recognized that face. Its not like everyday thing that she can actually memorize a person’s face because of her living situation.

“I do remember you.”

“Good… you warned me the other time remember? You said… ITS was never meant to be caught… what do you mean by that? And… how are you related to Sabrina Ash?” Sam asked releasing the grip on her arms.

“Why… why are you asking me all these questions?” Selena asked as she looked deep in Sam’s eyes.

“Because you know what is going on here… aren’t you?”

Selena walked away a few steps from Sam and sat on the ground with her head hung down in shame as she cried. She wanted to help them, she wanted to end all these miseries as soon as possible and she wanted to get away from all these as far as she could. She missed her life so much that she felt has totally lost contact with the outside world.

She wanted to tell them everything about her guardian, about Sabrina, about the revenge and about the last victim but she was afraid. Too afraid to be exact. Even though her grandmother was at home, she always has the feelings of someone watching her from afar so as to make sure she did not screw up the plan.

“I’m sorry… but you’ve got to leave.”

“Why? You’ve got to tell us…” Dean said as he looked at Sam and back to Selena.

“What… what you are dealing with right now is not something usual… you… its… I doubt you will believe me even if I tell you.”

“Try us.” Sam said.

“I’m not Sabrina… I’m Selena Ash… she’s my twin sister.” Dean thought it was a good brief introduction but they had to hurry up before its getting late to start on digging the grave.

“Go on… we’re listening.” Sam continued.

After giving the brothers a summary of what was going on in the house and revenge as the main motive of the serial killings going on in that town, Selena felt a sharp throbbing pain in her head. The pain was excruciating that she felt like shooting herself with Dean’s gun. The brothers were shocked to see her sprawling on the ground with pain and cries. Sam held her head up while Dean washed her face with the water. She felt relieved but only for a short while before the pain started to attack her head again.

“What is wrong with her Dean?” Sam asked in full alarmed.

“I don’t know… Selena! Selena! Are you alright?” In one great force, Selena pushed both of them away as she knew the sign behind those jabbing pain in her head.

“Selena? No!” Sam tried to stop her from leaving but she was too fast. She ran towards the gate and within seconds, she was out of sight.

“What the hell was that?” Dean asked as he coughed up due to the push on his chest that landed him somewhere in the middle of the graveyard.

“Are you alright there?” Sam asked as he walked over to his brother and helped him up.

“I’m still coughing, what does that tell you?” Dean asked as he cleaned up the soil from his jeans. “Where did she get that strength from?”

“I think… she has been summoned.” Sam said, grabbing the haversack and helped Dean back to Sabrina Ash’s tomb.

“I think you better go now Sammie… I can handle things here…”

“But you are hurt Dean… maybe we should switch place-”

“No… no… I can handle this… you just go and do as plan.” Sam refused to budge but with much persistence in Dean’s voice, he had no choice but to go ahead as accordance to the plan.

“Anything just call me alright…” Sam said as he took the car keys from Dean.

“Hey!” Sam stopped and turned at Dean. “Take care alright… and take care of my car.” Sam managed to flash a smirk back at Dean who was left at the graveyard.



“Mole? How do you know?”

“I saw Sabrina’s picture from the internet… she doesn’t have any mole but I’ve seen you in person before and today… it proves me right that you are not Sabrina…” Sam continued.

“Okay… so now this someone else who did this… you know that person?” Dean asked.

“Yes… I know her very well…”

“Then why didn’t you go to the police and tell them?” Selena gave a short chuckle listening to Dean’s question.

“You think the police have time to listen to me… you think they will believe me if I say my grandma summoned my dead twin sister’s from the grave so that she can seek revenge and justice for her? You think they will believe me if I say I am Sabrina’s twin sister? Both my sister and I are just outsider and we came in when grandma promised to take care of us after mom and dad died… but a year after that… Sab left me… and grandma… she… she…” Dean and Sam kept quiet when Selena poured out her grieves.

“What’s wrong with your grandma?”

“She’s too engross to seek revenge and so she sought to black magic to get my sister’s soul back from the grave and kill those men.”

“How did you know that?” Dean asked.

“She summoned Sab’s soul back from the grave to get inside… inside my body… since we were twins so… it will only strengthen the whole procedures if she can find someone who had the same birth date as her to increase her power… and since we are twins she told me to do something that will make Sabrina proud of me but…”

“Hush now…?” Consoled Sam as he wrapped his arms around her.

“But I honestly have no intention of killing them… the moment Sabrina entered inside my body… I don’t have control of myself… I tried the last time… I tried to control myself from listening to her and my grandma but she was just too strong for me…”

“Look Selena… I know this is hard for you but we need your help… we are not doing this to save a criminal from being punished but its not up to us to punish him… and at the same time we are doing this to save your twin sister’s soul from continuing remain restless on Earth. We want to make she is safe in her journey there.” Continued Dean.

“What must I do?” Selena asked.

“We need your help to stop your grandmother from summoning Sab-”

“Argh! Aaaaah… my head! Aaargh!!! My head… its painful… I need to go now… please!”

“Wait! Selena wait!” Called Sam and Dean as they tried to run after her but this time round, she was more forceful as if she was being possessed.

“So its actually her grandmother who did it.” Sam said as he turned to Dean.

“At least now we know who did it right?” Dean said as he walked back to take his tools. “Sam! Come on! We need to do it before its getting late.” Called Dean as he waved at his brother.

“I don’t have a good feeling about this Dean.”

“Me too… but hey! Get your head straight alright… I think for now Selena is going to be alright… her grandmother still needs her for the last victim and if we are fast, not only do we get to save Johnny, we’ll save Selena too.” Dean said as he gave a pat on Sam’s back.

“Do you think we should-”

“No Sammie! We’ll stick to the plan alright… don’t worry I’m sure and I know she’ll be fine for now… but if we take any wrong steps, not only do Johnny gets killed but Sabrina can’t be stopped from killing more people in the near future.” Sam nodded in agreed. As much as he wanted to protest but he trusted Dean so things were carried out as planned.

It was almost seven that evening and Dean had dug one-fifth of the graveyard while Sam was told to keep an eye on Johnny McWright. Their only source of communication was through their cellphones and every thirty minutes, Dean would call Sam and asked for any updates.

The time showed eleven and Dean had covered half of the graveyard and if he could get his calculation right, he should be able to find the body in half an hour time. Perfect timing before the soul went killing as being summoned, Dean thought as he continued digging the graveyard.

“You are just too clever aren’t you Dean? Should have gotten that grave-digger boy for help!” Whispered Dean to himself as he wiped his sweats on his forehead using the sleeves of his shirt. It was so hot that Dean knew after taking off his jacket, soon to be would be dirty white shirt. Should have wore a black one, he groaned as he continued digging and throwing the soil away from the hole.

On another occasion, Sam waited patiently in his brother’s car as his eyes kept looking at the house and its surrounding. Any slight movements from the bushes or noise from a nearby tree would get his full attention.

“Come on come on…” Whispered Dean as he rubbed both his palms together and blew some hot air in between them. He was busy trying to keep himself warm from freezing to death that he missed a glimpse of black shadow passing by behind him and flying towards the house.

It was then he saw the lights flickered and the wind started to blow heavily as if someone had just blew a heavy sigh and leaves started to fly in the air. The flickering of lights looked normal for some as they took it as the bulb might need to change but for Sam, it’s a sign.

He reached for his cellphone and dialed Dean’s number.

“Come on come on Dean! Come on pick it up!” He said to himself as he looked at the house.

“Yeah Sammie? What is it?”

“Dean… I think she’s here…”

“What?”

“The lights went flickering and the wind is blowing heavily here… not a good sign… I need to get inside Dean…”

“I thought the time of death ranged from 12 midnight to 2.30? They changed the schedule?”

“Funny Dean! Look… I’m going in now… make sure you get her body and burnt it straightaway alright!”

“You bet! Hey!”

“What?”

“Be careful alright!”

“I know… you too!” Sam said as he flipped his cellphone and slipped it down his pocket. He stepped out of the car and walked towards the gate. Slowly he climbed over the gate and walked towards the door. It was locked but in a swift, he managed to open it up. The living room was dark and was only lightened up by the flickering of lights from outside.

The house was soundless as if it was soundproof to all noise even to the heavy wind howling and the buzzing sound of the flickering lights outside. Everything was still until he heard a scream coming from upstairs.