- Text Size +
Aaron groaned loudly and sat up slowly. He gasped as a sharp pain traveled through his body making it hard to breathe. He reached up a hand and touched the side of his head. He winced when he felt pain. He pulled his fingers back, staring upon the thick red substance that coated his hand. He looked around trying to take in his surroundings. He strained eyes against the darkness. He grabbed his flashlight and flicked it on. It dimed then completly went dead.

" No." He hit the flashlight several times, but it never come on, " Goddamnit!" He threw the flashlight down in frustration. He drew in a breath when he heard something. He strained his ears to hear better. Then he could make it out. It was low whispers. They played throught the air and all around. Aaron's breathing became shallow, when the whispers got louder and louder. His body trembled and his head spinnned. They got louder and louder by the second. They got so loud, it was almost deafing. Aaron clamped his hands over his ears, desperatly trying to drown out the noise. Tears escaped from his burning eyes landing on the cold concrete floor. Suddenly a long pale hand grabbed him by the back of the neck and pushed him down roughly. He screamed frantically and backed away, trying to find any kind of an escape. Any. He hit the wall with a thud and covered his head with his arms. The voices became more clearing, soon after laughter began to arise. Suddenly feeling a presence beside him, he lifted up his head and stared back at two gory men on both sides of him. Their mouths have been slit open, blood pouring non stop from them. They stared at him with cold dead eyes. Aaron couldn't breath. He covered his ears and squeezed his eyes shut.

" This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real! This isn't real! This isn't real!!" He chanted over and over, tears streaming down his blood stained cheeks.
Suddenly......silence

Aaron stopped chanting and slowly lifted his head up. Confusion and fear arised in him. The voices....the images....the darkness.......was gone. It was now a humongous empty room. Completly still. No life emered, not even a rat. It was so silent, you could hear a pin drop.

Aaron's legs shook, as he stated to stand up. He slowly started to walk out into the open, looking up at the ceiling, trying to find where he fell through at. He squeezed his eyes shut a couple of times trying to focus as best as he could. He looked back up, maybe just maybe...he missed it. No...he didn't. There was nothing there.

His blood ran cold and his eyes widened. That's when he heard it.

Voices

Again he heard voice. But they seemed so far away, barely noticeable. Taking a deep breath he began to follow the voices. The voices led him into a dark room. Aaron stopped short, starring ahead. ' Wait a minute...this room looks familiar.' He thought. Then he realized what room he was in. He was in the wine cellar, which meant.....the voices he was hearing was coming from....above.....

Justin!

Carrie!

Theresa!

Derick!

A sigh of joy erupted in his body when he saw Justin's head poking through the hole above. He quickly limped his way over to the hole.

" Justin? Justin!" Aaron called out, startling the other teens sitting outside. They peered in, gasping at what they saw.

" Aaron, what's wrong? What the hell happened to you? Are you okay?" Justin said in a rush, confusion spread all over his face. Aaron breathed in hard and swallowed slowly, trying to get words out.

" I'm fine." He said slowly, " Justin....I want out of here."

" Aaron are you sure your okay?" Carrie asked calmy. Aaron squeezed his eyes shut, ignoring his question.

" Aaron what happened?" Justin asked him, looking down at him with sad eyes. Aaron's appearence frightened Justin.

" Somethings here, J. I don't know what it is but there is something in this house!" He cried, " I want to go home."

Justin put a hand up to hush him calmly, " Okay okay. It's okay. Just take a deep breath. What did you see? Who did this to you?"

" I don't know what it was. But it scared the fuck out of me! Please just get me out of here!!" He yelled, tears spilling over freely.

" Aaron, just calm down. We'll get you out of there. Just we need to know....where is Bucky?"

Aaron stared at him for a long while, " I don't know."

" What do you mean you don't know?" Derick asked impatiently.

" I don't know Derick!" Aaron yelled back in frustration and anger.

" Relax dude. When was the last time you saw her?" Justin asked.

Aaron licked his parched lips, " I don't know...." He looked at his watch. His eyes widened when it said 15 minutes left in the hour, " About 15, 20 minutes ago. We were up at the top of the stairs, standing in the hallway. And we were gonna go down the hallway and come back. I was getting ready to go my way when I turned around to ask her a question and she was gone. My back wasn't even turned for not even 2 seconds man!" He sobbed quietly. Justin's eyes feeled up with tears as he gazed upon his beatin best friend. He quickly whipped his eyes.

" Okay, Aar. This is what we are going to do. We're gonna come inside and together were gonna go look for her. Derick open the door. " He said to Derick. He turned back to Aaron, " We're coming in." He got up and went to the door, before Aaron could say another word.

" Wait! Justin?"

Outside, Justin walked up to Derick who was standing in front of the door, staring at it.

" Derick what the fuck?"

Derick bit his lip and looked at him nervously, " Justin, I can't get the door open." Justin looked at him blankly.

" What?"

" It's true, J. He already tried to open it. It's like it's locked. It won't budge." Carrie told him, shrugging.

" Shit." He went back over to the hole, " Aar, the door is locked."

Aaron hesitated, " I know."

Justin's eyes widened, " You know? Why didn't you tell me?"

" I tried!" Justin groaned and rubbed his temples, " And it's not locked."

Justin jerked up his head, " Huh?"

" The door. It's not locked. It's nailed shut." Aaron dropped the bomb. The others gasped, " And another thing. When we found out about the door, Bucky didn't think much of it, besides me." He said giving them a small smile, " Justin you know you like to scare us all the time, right?"

Justin nodded.

" Well....Bucky thought it was you."

Justin's eyes widened. He tried to say something but nothing came out.

" Aaron...Justin was out here with us the entire time." Theresa told him.

Aaron nodded, " I know. I knew Bucky was just trying to make me feel better. Did you guys here the pounding? Cause me and Bucky damn sure did. I just about shit my pants."

The others shook their head.

" No we didn't." Carrie said slowly.

" There was this one time while we were waiting we weren't even up here. We were in the back looking around, to blow off time." Derick pointed out.

" It must have happened then." Justin said. He took a deep breath," We're coming in, dude."

Aaron nodded.

Justin turned toward the others, " Lets go look for Bucky."

As they began to climb down into the hole, Justin couldn't help but feel the guilt rise up in him. He shouldn't have dared them to go in.