- Text Size +
The silence swept over them for several minutes. None of them spoke. Didn't move, nor did they breathe. Bucky blinked a couple of times, snapping out of her daze.

" So...want to split up?" She asked, breaking the silence.

" Hell no!" Aaron quickly replied, grabbing on to Bucky's hand tightly.

Bucky rolled her eyes, " That's what I thought." She snatched her hand back, taking a step forward still looking down the dark hall. Aaron snapped his head to the side when he saw a movement pass by at the end of the hall. He saw nothing. But he knew something was down there....or....someone. Aaron shivered and steeped closer to Bucky.

" Why do old houses have to do this to you?" Bucky said wiggling her nose.

" I don't know. Why don't you ask the house and find out. See if it answers back." Aaron smirked. Bucky stared at him with a blank look on her face.

" Smartass." She rolled her eyes again and punched him lightly in the stomach. Suddenly a loud banging noise rang through the air. The pair screamed and jumped into each others arms.

" WHAT IS THAT?!" Bucky slapped a hand over his mouth, to shut him up. The pounding continued for a good thirty seconds then completely stopped, making the silence cover them once again. Bucky slowly took her hand off Aaron's mouth. Their breathing became shallow almost instantly. Bucky took a deep breath and turned to Aaron.

" I'm gonna go see what that was, okay?"

Aaron's eyes widened, " Say what?"

" It'll be okay. I'm just gonna go back downstairs. I'll be on the landing, so I'll be in eye view. You'll be able to see me the entire time. Just don't move from this spot okay?" Aaron shook his head over and over.

" No. No don't go. Just stay here." He pleaded.

" Don't worry. I'll be back in a minute...." She begun to go back downstairs.

" Heather Dawn...don't you leave."

" It's okay. Just don't take your eyes off of me."

" Don't leave me!" He tried to grab her but she was already downstairs. Aaron backed up against the wall, sliding down to the ground, never taking his eyes off of her.

**********

Bucky saw it almost instantly. The front door. It had been nailed shut. She breathed hard and raced to the window. Angry thoughts ran through her mind, thinking it was the others trying to scare them. She pushed back the old raggedy curtain and looked out. Her thoughts were wrong....well mostly wrong. The others were still standing on the porch, chatting among themselves, except one person. Justin. ' Why the hell would he do this? What the fuck is he trying to pull. He's gonna make Aaron die of fright!' Bucky thought angrily. Bucky shook her head and turned back around. Her breath got caught in her throat when she looked back up on top of the stairs. It was a pale outline of a figure. It stared back at her.

" Bucky hurry." Aaron called out. Bucky swallowed hard and ran back upstairs.

" What was it?"

Bucky hesitated, " Someone....locked us in. The doors nailed shut."

Aaron stared at Bucky, his eyes wide, " That's not funny, Buck." He whispered to her slowly. Bucky closed her eyes for a split second, the reopened them.

" I'm serious. I looked outside thinking, one of the others might have done this. But they were all outside, except Justin." She told him.

Aaron's eyes widened, " That fucker!" He growled in anger. Bucky grabbed his shoulders to steady him

" Aaron? Get this---it can't be Justin. He can't slip through the crack in the door and he's afraid of heights." Aaron's expression softened when he knew what she was saying. But a look of terror started to form across his face.

" What are we gonna do?"

" Well we still have...." She looks at her watch, " 30 minutes. I guess we can continue to explore. Then when the 30 minutes is up, we can go back downstairs and try to find a back door and get the hell out of here."

" Are you sure? There's fucking somebody in here!" He said in a loud whisper.

" Look, the others probably got the door open further so Justin can slip through. Now I'm gonna go down to the other end of the hall and look around. You go down the other one and look around. We'll meet back, right here, in five...k?"

Aaron took a deep breath and nodded," Okay."

Bucky smiled, " Good. Holler if you find anything."

" I'll probably holler if I don't find anything." Aaron joked. Bucky chucked a little at his sarcasm. Gee he can be scared one minute and stupid the next.

" Oh Bucky----" He turned around, when his breath got caught in his throat. Bucky was gone...

He breathed hard, getting scarder and scarder. Where is she? She was just there.....

" Bucky?" No answer, just silence, " Bucky? Bucky! Bucky where are you? Bucky, stop playing around! This isn't funny!" His voice started to quiver. He swallowed hard, feeling a painful lump starting to form in his throat, " Bucky. Buck....?" He leaned against the wall and looked down the hall. Then there it was. A mean grisly looking figure snarling at him from down the hall.

" Oh shit!" Just then the figure started to come toward him in a mad rage. Aaron screamed and ran down the hall as fast as he could. Chains started to sound off in his ears, as blood covered the walls, chasing him. The figure started to form all around him, trying to swallow him whole.

" Leave me alone!!!!!" He screamed, but that scream trailed off when he was plunged into the darkness from beneath. The blood and shadows slowly disappeared, leaving an empty hall.