- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
New Chapter!
Sorry it's taken me a while

Tina
The trip.

It’s 2am Thursday morning and Aj and Brian are packing the car for the airport. “Thanks for coming with me J, I don’t want to face them alone.” Brian said “ No problem, but you didn’t really give me a choice now did you and I quote “ Here are your tickets to Kentucky don’t worry I made sure you got the aisle seat.” Aj says with a smile.”Is
everything packed?” Brian asked looking the car over. “Yeah all but the reason we’re up at this ungodly time.” Aj answered through a yawn. “I was trying to let him sleep in as long as I could you know how cranky he gets.” Brian said. Brian runs in the house and picks up the sleeping child. “No daddy I seeping.” Baylee says pushing his daddy away. “We’ve got to go to the airport baby nana and pop pop are going to be sad if you don’t come.” Brian says as he grabs Baylee’s teddy bear. He carries the sleeping child downstairs and puts him in the car. “You sure Nick’s going to come pick my car up?” Aj asks as Brian gets in the car. “Yes, He said he’d get it the first thing in the morning after breakfast.” Brian says reassuringly. They drove to the airport talking quietly as not to wake the sleeping child until they had to. They arrive at the airport and start unpacking the car on luggage cart.”Can you get Bay for my Alex?” Brian asks as he finishes loading the cart. “Sure babe.” Aj says before realizing it. Brian tightens his grip on the bag handle he’s carrying as he fights to stay in control. Aj busies himself undoing Baylee’s car seat and taking him out. Brian walks over and reaches into Aj’s jacket pocket and grabs the keys and locks the car.”When we get inside call and make sure Nick goes by the house and gets the spare set please.” Aj says shifting Baylee in his arms. Brian smiles at the younger man holding his son and then reminds himself that it’s just friendship nothing more. “Not daddy.” Baylee says as he starts waking up. “No, Daddy’s over there getting our tickets to Kentucky.” Aj says smiling at the half awake child. “You come too?” Baylee asks. “Yeah.” Aj tells the now awake child. They check in and go through security with almost not trouble. “Let’s go try to find something to eat guys I’m sure Baylee’s hungry. “ Brian says putting his backpack on and grabbing Baylee’s hand. Aj starts walking towards CinnaBun. “Something more nutritious than that Alex.” Brian said smiling. Aj turns and pouts at Brian. “Lead the way oh fun spoiler.” He says grabbing Baylee’s hand. Brian heads for a Burger King. “They need a Mickey D’s in this place.” Aj grumbles to Baylee. “Uh huh.” Baylee agrees.

After eating they wait for their plane and after only 2 hours of waiting they board and head for Kentucky. Baylee plays with his teddy and soon falls asleep using his daddy as a pillow. Aj closes his eyes not daring to fall asleep this close to Brian as he has a tendency to talk in his sleep. Brian on the other hand falls asleep leaning against the window.