- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey, I know I haven't updated this story in a long time. Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm planning to post the next chapter somewhere within this week.
“What did you say again about that DJ?” Howie asked AJ.

They were both waiting for Brian to come to the studio and were taking their time pleasantly.

“Ok, I was listening to this punk rock station. The usual DJ for that station was out sick or something and didn’t show up for work so this old guy replaced him for the day. You can’t believe what he was playing.” AJ burst out laughing.

“What?” Howie questioned him giving him a confused look.

“He… was… playing…” AJ was barely able to gasp in between laughs, “country music… when it was supposed to be punk rock. My gosh, I was thinking that guy was crazy…”

“He must have applied for the wrong station.” Howie grinned at him humorously.

“Hi Howie and AJ.”

Both of them looked up to see Brian looking blankly at them.

He propped himself down on the couch beside Howie.

A frown creased Brian’s forehead as he stared at the wall behind AJ.

Howie noticed dark circles forming under Brian’s eyes and that his clothes were wrinkled. He didn’t even bother to comb his hair, which was supposed to be a usual hygiene for Brian.

“Bad night, huh?” AJ asked him.

Brian finally directed his gaze at AJ.

He nodded silently, bowing his head as he did.

“Must have been a terrible night.” Howie thought to himself as he watched a tear roll down Brian’s cheek.


Brian closed his eyes momentarily as he felt the tears build up behind his eyes.

He tried to recall the dream he had the night before.

“Brian, you need to go now.” he could hear Nick’s voice ringing in his head.

Instead of the darkness enveloping him, Brian saw Nick handcuffed to a chair, his face and arms were bruised from the several punches he got from his captors.

“No, Nick, I’m staying here with you.” Brian replied firmly as he laid his hand on Nick’s shoulder.

“No, you can’t, Brian, their going to do worse… to you.” Nick whispered hoarsely.

The door suddenly opened and a gunshot was heard as Brian crumpled to the floor in pain.

“Briiiaann…” he heard Nick shout to him before he woke up in breathing gasps.


Not able to control his emotions any longer, he sobbed.

He had had a terrible night, and as much as possible, he didn’t want to relive it.

He felt someone pat his back and Brian nearly jumped at the touch.

He had completely forgotten the fact that Howie and AJ were watching him cry.

He immediately grabbed the tissue box on the coffee table in front of him and wiped his eyes.

“Its okay, Brian.” Howie told him as he rubbed his back comfortingly.

“They’ll find the person behind Nick’s kidnapping.”

“I hope they do because I think they’re deathly serious about Nick.” Brian replied.

“What do you mean?” AJ looked at him questioningly.

Then Brian told him the strange occurrences that happened the night before; from the mysterious phone call, to the note slipped under their front door, to the paint inscription on their mirror.

Howie and AJ were at first, out of words.

They were shocked by what happened and they didn’t know how to handle the situation themselves.

“So, since the police are keeping the area blocked off, where are you staying now? Where are Baylee and Leighanne staying now?” AJ asked Brain, willing to get off the topic.

“He’s staying with my cousin.”

“Kevin?”

“Yup.”

“How about your stuff?” Howie questioned him.

“They let us pack some of our stuff, of course.” Brian grinned at his question.

“So, are we ready now?”

All of them looked up to see Max Martin there, holding a paper in his hand.

“Yes, sure.” Howie replied.

“Ok, we’ll start with Brian.” Max motioned for him to follow him to the recording booth.

“You’re doing the leads for this song.” Max told him pointing to the paper he was holding.

“Okay.” Brian gulped.

“You okay? You look like you just had a bad night…”

“I’m fine.” Brian insisted forcing a smile at him.

He didn’t want to break down in tears in front of him.

“Okay, then let’s start.”

Brian went to his position in the recording booth.

He placed the headphones on his head and waited for his part to start.

Brian sighed tiredly.

He knew he had to do this.