- Text Size +
I pulled him close into a tight hug and kissed his neck. "I'm so sorry, baby."

"Don't be. You had nothing to do with it." We sat for a few minutes, just hugging. I didn't know what to say, I still felt terrible that this happened to him. He was just telling me yesterday how much he loved his job. He didn't deserve this!

"You dont deserve this," I said abruptly.

He shot another look out the window, his cheeks flushing pink. "Well, baby, I think I kind of do."

My curiousity rose as did my eyebrows knitting togther. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I've just been partying alot..and stuff." he said vaguely. "Before I met you, I mean."

I remembered hearing about that, but it hadn't stuck in my mind at the time. "But... partying is no reason to drop you..."

He released my hand and instead leaned closer to my face, staring me straight in the eye and biting his lips.

"They said my reputation was screwed and that they didnt want to have someone who's a whore."

We sat in silence for a few moments, and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "You're not a whore, thats bull." I said squeezing his hand. "I've seen people who act like whores, you're not one of them." He smiled at me.

"I love you, Amy." he kissed me on the lips.

Love? Did he just say love...But if we'd only known each other for four days..How many people did he say he loved before?

What could I say? I guess I loved him too... But was it only a guess?

"I love you too..." I said slowly, trailing off as he once again kissed me.

I heard the door squeak open and a little gasp. Forgot to lock the door again, damn it.

My mom leaned against the plain wide doorway, an amused expression on her face.

"You kids alright?" she asked.

"Yeah, fine..." I answered.

"Let me know if you need anything." She offered. I nodded and she got the hint and went downstairs, closing the door behind her.

"I dont think she likes me." Aaron whispered into my hair, pulling my backwards onto the bed.

"Of course not. She absolutely adores you." I praised, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Is she the only one?" Aaron asked, a sad-puppy expression on his face. AWW! To Hell she is!!

"Yes." I teased. I felt a tingling inside of me as I rubbed his neck faster, as his smirk grew wider, his breaths faster.

"I don't believe you." he said. I stuck out my upper lip and pouted. He suddenly began tickling me. We laughed hysterically as we got into a tickle fight, letting all the crappy things that had happened to us vanish.

"I'm so gonna find your ticklish spot." I squealed in a burst of giggles. As promised, I did, right on his lean stomach.

Unfortunately for me, he found mine, too. We were laughing so hard that our faces were red before we called a truce.

"Okay, its a bit of distraction of you here." I teased, putting my arm playfully on Aaron's shoulder. "So do you mind shooing while I have to get it on with my homework?"

Aaron pouted, his eyes laughing into swirls of dark chocolate. "Why does the homework get to get it on with you?"

"Hmm... Because my parents will kill me if it doesn't?" I replied with a smile.

I almost let him stay when I saw him display another smirk on his face. "Fine, I'll go. Promise to call?"

"I promise." He walked backwards to the door, and I giggled a bit as he missed the door and backed into the wall instead.

"Aww," I purred in a low voice, "Did my little baby get hurt?"

He shot me a knowing look and grinned. "Oh baby. Dont you worry."

~Later~

The algebra homework left me wishing I'd actually paid more attention in class. I had no idea what radicals and all those terms meant. I wonder what would happen if I, oh, accidently dropped the text book in the fireplace?

I was just dwelling on the thought when I heard a soft tapping on my doorway, making me jump out of my reverie.

"Sorry! Are we bothering you?" A voice said timidly. We? Theres a 'we'?

"Um, no. Not at all. Come in." I said, thankful for any excuse not to do my math homework. I looked up at the door and there stood Julie and Gina.

I quickly shoved all of my paperwork into my desk and jumped up to begin picking up all the socks on my carpet. "Hey, guys!" I replied brightly, remembering to plaster a smile on my face.

"We called your house and your mom gave us your address." Julie explained.

"Stalking me, eh?" I laughed, patting the seat on the bed next to me.

I waited for their laughter to come, but it never came.

They walked over and sat up on the bed. "Yeah, you asked if we wanted to hang out, so we figured we'd come over. I hope its alright." Gina said.

I felt a tingling touch on my arm before answering, provoking me to look down. Oh crap. "Oh yeah," I told them, attempting to pull my blanket over my arm. "It's fine that you," Pull. "Came to hang," Pull harder. "With me. Thanks."

"You okay?" Julie asked, frowning.

"Yeah. Fine." I answered, still pulling.

"Are you sure?" Julie asked worriedly, "Cause you sure dont look okay."

"Positive." Pull, damnit, pull!

I saw Julie and Gina exchange confused looks.

Pull! What the hell is blocking me pull on this damned blanket? Oh. We're sitting on it. Just great. I quickly pulled my arm out from the blanket I'd tried oh so hard to cover with and put it behind my back.

"Amy," Gina said, poking me in the arm with a bony finger, "You know that we totally saw that hickey right?"

"I was hoping you hadn't." I admitted.

"Who's the other guilty party?" Julie asked, a smirk on her face.

"What do you mean?" I asked, shifting, a nervous smile on her face. I bit my lip and hoped that they hadn't seen the person who'd just left my house.

"Well, we know you didnt do that yourself -," Julie began.

"- 'Cause that's just wrong -," Gina continued.

"- So spill!" they said together in unision.

"Uh..." I trailed off. Should I tell them? What could I say? What would they say? UGH! "My neighbor," I reluctantly admitted.

They leaned closer in fascination, their dirty blonde and light brown hair almost clashing together in a fizzed out hurricane. "Ohhh. Was it that one blonde guy who just went across the street a few minutes ago?" Gina asked curiously.

"We only saw the back of his head, but we could tell it was like dirty blonde." Julie finished.

"Or like really really light brown." Gina added.

Christ, were they playing a 'twin thang' or what?

"Uh, yeah, thats him." I told them. It was like an interrogation! But, whos the bad cop and whos the good cop? Their sentences were so mixed together I almost didn't realize who said what. "So uh," I started slowly, hoping to veer them away from the topic, "Do you guys get the math homework?"

"Oh no, you won't get out of it that easily." Gina said. Damn!

"Come on, Amy!" Julie prodded.

"Its not anyone you know!" I reassured them while crossing my toes in my socks. At least, not personally.

"Please!" Julie begged, pouting his pink painted lips like a Boston Terrier. I was about to point out to her that it wouldnt work on me because I was straight, but thought better of it.

"He's a friend. Um...about 18, really sweet, and awesome." I told them, hoping it would fend off their hunger of my courter.

Apparently, I was wrong.