- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Did I mention the strong language? Just a warning, people.
"We're moving where??" I asked, my mouth gaping open is disbelief. Tell me I misheard him. Tell me he didn't just say what I think he said.

"California, honey," Dad said from the couch, "I'm being relocated."

"But why, Dad?" I stood there, staring at him. Did he even care that he was taking me away from the only home I knew? From Jack? From my friends?

"I know I haven't been around much lately, Amy, but if we make this move that'll change. I wanna be in your life again." He got up off the couch and walked over to me. I reluctantly gave him a hug.

I sighed, looking up at him from the floor. "But what about my concert??"

Dad smiled, looking over at Mom, who stood in the doorway to the kitchen and nodded. "About that, I have a surprise for you, honey. I hope it makes up for springing this on you so suddenly..."

~The Next Day~


"You can't move!" Jack exclaimed as he jumped up from his spot next to me on the bench. I can't say I didn't expect him to take the news like this. Jack had a short fuse. He ran a hand through his spiked-up, light brown hair.

"I have to, Jack, they're my parents." I responded calmly, hoping he wouldn't make a scene in the middle of Central Park. People were already staring at him as he paced back and forth in front of me, cursing.

"Damnit! This is bullshit!" he kicked some dirt on the ground in front of him in frustration. I got up from the bench and held his hand, rubbing it with my thumb. I hated it when he got violent around me.

"I have a two weeks before I move. Lets not waste it being pissed off, okay?" I looked into his green eyes, and kissed his cheek when he silently nodded. We then walked off and made our way to school. This was gonna be a fun day, I could already tell...

~Ten Minutes Later~

It was a short walk to school, but it was long enough to make me think... Did I really love Jack? Or did I just stick around because he was the only one that wanted me? I knew that he was going out and sleeping with other blond bitches... God I hated that he did that! He said only did it because I didn't want to sleep with him, but... How could he do that? He didn't love me!I stopped suddenly and let go of his hand just as we'd reached the front of our school.

"What the fuck are you doing, Amy?"

"I can't do this anymore." I stated, looking at the ground.

"First you say you're gonna move and that you love me and all that crap, and now you dont want to even touch me anymore?" Jack yelled, causing all the juniors and sophmores millling around to stare at us. I pulled Jack away to a secluded corner by the beech tree and stood him there, standing a few feet behind him just in case he had another fit.

"Jack...I'm sorry...I've -I've made a descision...We're breaking up." I held my breath as I looked into Jack's now dark eyes. Waiting. Scared.

"You bitch!" he screamed, lunging a hard fist towards my face. It almost hit me, but I got away. Now it was my turn to yell.

"You're calling me a bitch? The one that is a bitch and a whore is YOU!"

I could feel tears down my cheek and I didn't care.

"I loved you and was true to you and all I get back is you lying to me and going behind my back!! Not anymore, you are are just a liar and a player and I want you out of my life." I said as calmly as I could.

Before Jack could do anything, I was inside the school.