- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
By the way, if you don't recognize any lyrics used throughout the story, feel free to contact me and I can tell you what song they're from.

Also, feel free to leave reviews. I'd like to know what you all think of the story!

Okay, back to the story.
"Amy!" Nick jogged up behind me before I even ventured 3 steps, "I'm so sorry I got you into this predicament."

I shook my head sadly, "Nick, it's not you, okay? The first kiss was to shake off Jack, but then I went for the second kiss and I didn't mean it... Just try and make Aaron understand, okay?"

His blue eyes seemed to wash out at what I said, and his arms made to reach for my face, abruptly stopping midway. "Oh...sure."

Nick was brought out of his gaze by a car horn honking.

"COME ON, WE NEED TO GET HOME!" Aaron yelled. I squinted to look at the side mirror on the car for a glimpse of him, but I all I could see was the headrest on the passenger's side, until a caught a bit of a sideways look from him. Once he realized I was looking at him, he quickly turned away. I tried to hold back my emotions as the image of his bruised face and the hurt in his eyes stuck in my mind.

Nick reached into his pocket. "At least let me give you cash for a cab to get home..."

"No. I'll find my way." I stated. He frowned and turned back towards the car, looking back one last time before he walked away. I bit my lip as I watched the car drive away.

It was three minutes before I realized no change of heart was happening in that car and walked along the same road.

~Forty Minutes Later~

As I walked along the streets, still in my clothes from yesterday, I realized something.

"Mom." I whispered as the thought smacked me upside my head that my mother was coming home from the hospital today, and so was my dad. I began walking a little faster as I tried to navigate my way home. I was so tired.

'You never know what you have
Till it's gone
Treated you wrong
For
-'

My heart skipped a beat and I quickly flipped open my phone to answer the call.

"Amy?" A voice asked. Damn. Not who I expected. "Amy, are you there?"

"Yeah, Julie, I'm here." I looked at the ground.

"Are you okay? You sound worn-out." Gee, that transparent? I did walk two and a half miles.

"I am... I'm-I'm on a walk right now."

"Oh. I didn't interrupt anything, did I?" I could hear her smirking over the phone.

I cringed. I forgot she had no idea what had happened since yesterday afternoon. I envied her so much at that moment. "No, not at all. Can I call you later?" I couldn't tell her what had happened, I didn't have the time and I barely wanted to admit it to myself.

"Sure. Talk to you later."

"Yeah, bye." I closed my phone, and was tempted to turn it off.

Looking around, I realized exactly where I wanted to go.

I sighed as I looked back at my phone. I wouldn't call me if I were him, either. No matter what my brother tried to say to me.

Realizing I was right, as much as I didn't want to be, I continued walking as I put my phone back into my pocket. Thankfully, my destination wasn't far from here.



~Fifteen Minutes Later~

As I pulled off my sneakers and held them in my right hand, I made my way to the deserted beach and sat down close to the waves, letting them hit my feet gently. As I stared at the water, I wished I could swim away in it and never look back. I racked my brain for a reason why I'd regret it, and I couldn't find one.

Once everyone heard what had happened, and especially that it was all my fault, living on land really didn't seem like much of an option. I looked down at my phone and realized it would be a few hours before my parents would be home, I could still beat them there.

As I walked down the road away from the beach a while later, tears welled up in my eyes as I remembered how happy my previous visit to that beach had ended.



~Twenty-Five Minutes Later~

My head was starting to hurt as all my thoughts raced through my head while I walked along the streets of what was nearing to be my neighborhood. I could just imagine what I looked like to other people: Messy, dirty clothes; my hair was a mess and my skin was dirty, too; and my eyes were red from the crying I had been - and still was - doing. I must have looked crazy.

The longer I walked, the dumber I felt. How could I even think of leaving my parents, and my new friends? I sighed with relief as I finally saw my house in the distance. I found myself jogging to reach my house, and slowing down when I was about three houses away.

Finally making it to my house, I looked across the street and was thankful to see Nick's car in the driveway. I saw three figures in the living room: Nick, Aaron, and Angel. I couldn't tell much else, but I didn't need to see them to know they were all probably upset. My spying skills need work, though, because Nick, noticing someone was looking in his living room window, walked over and paused when he saw it was me. I could have sworn I'd seen a bit of a thankful smile on his face before he glanced behind him and closed the drapes.

Looking at the empty space in my own driveway usually occupied by my dad's car, I realized that I was still alone. I pulled my keys from my pocket and slowly opened the front door, looking inside before walking in to make sure there were no unexpected visitors again. I slowly walked around my house, making sure I was alone(even though I honestly didn't want to be), before I walked upstairs and fell face first onto my bed, sobbing.

I was too tired even to sleep. I couldn't, not with everything that had happened and all the thoughts I still had piled up in my head. Among the many were thoughts about why Jack had done what he did. He could have killed Aaron, but he didn't. If all he wanted was to get me back I know thats what he would have done. No, Jack knows his problem isn't with Aaron. Its with me. But my question still remains: What does Jack want from me?

"Well, whatever it is," I sniffed into the pillow, my voice muffled by it's soft satin sheets, "I can't give it to him."

"No."