- Text Size +
What? I couldn't have said that. Adrenaline rushed through my whole body as my back tensed. "What?" I asked, mainly to myself, mainly to see if I wasn't crazy... That somebody was here.

"I said 'no'."

I didnt dare open my eyes for fear of what I would ultimately see. I won't look. I don't have to look.

Apparently, I didnt have a choice as I felt a pair of firm hands sidle around my legs and pulled me off the bed.

My eyes latched shut.

Even that didn't really help or provide me any sense of security as I felt a large amount of pressure hover over me, closing in so fast that it seemed that friction wouldn't even begin to describe what I felt as something - somebody - pressed me harder against the ground.

"Open your eyes. You've always had pretty eyes." My captive's breath smelt wretched and horrid, like something I've never smelled mixed with beer.

I obeyed and opened my eyes, but I hadn't needed to. I could've recognized that voice anywhere.

"Ja-Jack!" I squeaked. Damn it, Amy. Try not to sound so scared!

"Of course, baby. Of course. Now what say we have a little fun."

"No, Jack, don't please, you can't -."

But he didn't listen.

"Come on, Amy!" Jack taunted as he took off his shirt.

"Get AWAY from me!" I yelled, trying to shove him off.

"NO!" he tried to pull my shirt off, but couldn't while I was fighting him. Instead, he ended up ripping it down the middle. I felt exposed, vulnerable, and I knew I was in danger. I wondered who would hear me, and I screamed as loud as I could... "Don't try and scream for help, Amy, no ones here..." he tried to unzip my pants while I tried even more to fight him off, "Its just you and me..."

Tears flowed down my face as I realized I couldn't get away...




~Meanwhile~

Aaron sat on the couch with his little brother, watching him play, when Nick came into the living room, a worried expression on his face.

"Something's up at Amy's house..." Nick trailed off, looking back through doorway he'd just entered through.

"Alright, then," Aaron said, not looking away from his smiling baby brother, "Go over there, see if she needs help, and if not feel free to make out with her again-"

"Drop it, Aaron, I didn't make out with her-"

"You would have!" he exclaimed, still trying not to scare his little brother, but finally looking up at his older brother. He sighed. "Besides, she kissed you the second time."

"That doesn't change what she told you yesterday."

"To Hell it doesn't! She lied to me about the kiss, how am I supposed to know that she didn't lie about her feelings? I can't trust her." Just then, Angel rushed into the room.

"Guys, you won't believe what I just saw outside."

Nick glanced back at Aaron, then turned back to Angel. "Try us."

"Tony. In his car. Then some other guy got out and went into Amy's house, and he drove off."

"Oh shit." Nick said, walking past his sister.

"Where are you going?" Aaron called back.

"She might need help, Aaron. Maybe you don't care about her anymore, but shes been a good friend to me." He stated, then looked at his sister. "You coming?"

She nodded, and the duo looked at Aaron. "Don't try and guilt trip me, Nick." Aaron replied.

"I'm not making you feel guilty," Nick said as he and Angel made their way to the front door. "You are!" he called back as they closed the door behind them and ran across the street.

Aaron picked up his brother and walked to the living room window just in time to see his siblings walk through Amy's front door. Looking down at his little brother, he sighed and walked back to the couch.



"Amy?" Nick called. No answer.

He opened the door and stepped in.

"Jack! Get away!" I screamed grabbing a stuffed animal off my floor and hitting him in the head with it.

Nick came charging into my room with Angel in tow.

"Not you again," he said when he saw Jack on top of my half-naked self.

Nick came over and picked up Jack with little effort and tossed him across the room.

"I told you to stay AWAY from Amy!!" Nick yelled.

"Tough words coming from someone who isn't her boyfriend," he said with a smug grin.

"I don't give a damn if she's my girlfriend or not, I told you to stay the hell away from her." Nick walked over to Jack and picked him up by the collar, dragging him out my door and down the stairs.

Angel came over to me and draped my blanket over my shoulders, "Are you okay?" I shook my head and continued to cry, something that I had to admit I was beginning to grow tired of. I leaned over and grabbed my hoodie from the open side of my closet. I just wanted to cover myself up. Zippering up my pants, which Jack had finally - and forcefully - undone, I tried to keep calm. Why I wanted to be calm at a time like this, I have no idea. "C'mon, let's go," Angel said softly as she took my hand and led me to the bathroom. Loud punches and groans were left behind me as I sauntered behind her, but I ignored it.

Why should I care anymore? Aaron hated me, Jack is crazy, and life was just...

The door snapped shut. Angel looked at me with sympathy in her brown eyes.

"I can't believe what a bitch Jack is - was to you. I'm so sorry we didn't come sooner."

"It's not," I sniffed loudly with my hoodie half on, "your fault. You couldn't have known... and anyways, I wouldn't have expected you guys to come... since you know, Aaron hates me and all..."

"You think we wouldn't have come because our brother hates you?"

I nodded.

The next thing I knew, Angel had her long arms around me, wrapping me in not only a hug, but a barrier from the monstrosities of the world. At least for the moment.

"Aaron hating you or not, Nick and I will always be your friends. Well, I will." she whispered into my ear, softly rubbing my back to calm my sudden hiccups.

We stood in the bathroom hugging for a few minutes before Nick came in and finally broke the silence. "Please tell me we got here in time to stop him."

As I shook my head slowly, tears came down my face once again. "Two minutes earlier and you would have."

Angel rubbed my back as she looked up at her brother. They nodded to each other and helped me downstairs as I looked around at my empty house. My mom was coming home soon, and now she'd have to go back to the same place she just left.

When we got outside, Nick turned back to me and Angel, who was helping me stand up. With everything that had happened since yesterday, I was lucky to be able to breathe, let alone stand up. "I'm gonna get the car, you two stay here." We nodded as we watched him run across the street and into his house.


"Whats going on?" Aaron asked, still on the couch with Kanden.

"Not that it matters much to you, but Jack-" He paused, unable to say what Jack had done. "-He attacked Amy. Shes weak and shes hurt, and Angel and I are gonna get her some help."

At a loss for words, Aaron simply nodded. Was he really being that heartless?