- Text Size +
~An Hour and a Half later~

"Don't wake her up!!" I slowly lifted my eyelids a centimeter to figure out who the douche was who was making all this racket was.

Ah, Aaron.

"Why not? She has to go before Mom gets here!" I swirled my eye to the left, seeing that Nick was also in the room.

"But she looks so cute sleeping..." Aaron pouted, giving Nick the puppy dog face.

Never mind, Aaron's not a douche, and neither is Nick, but - HEY!! That look is reserved for me and me only!!!

"I know she does," Nick glanced over at me, and I quickly shut my eyes to all but a tiny sliver.

Aaron gave him a look.

"I mean, in a... good way - no, friendly way - no... Never mind!!" Nick scurried over to the door and stuck his head out into the hallway, as if to check if anybody was eavesdropping. He returned into the room with a relieved expression.

"Is she here yet?" Aaron asked anxiously.

Who? Today?! Was I supposed to leave??

Nick shook his head.

"When did she say she was going to be here, again?" Aaron asked, checking to see if I was awake. I again shut my eyes to a sliver.

"I don't know, but she should be here soon, which is why Amy has to leave... NOW." Nick's tone was stern, he really wanted me gone. I then stirred as if I'd just woken up.

"Damnit Nick," Aaron said. "Now she's awake."

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked. "What's going on?"

"Um, nothing." Nick said quickly. Liar!

I turned my gaze to Aaron, silently asking him for the TRUTH. I have other ways, Nick.

"Well, my mom is coming." Aaron admitted.

"And she wants me gone or something?" I asked.

He nodded. "It's not that she doesn't like you in particular, cause she's never even met you." No kidding, Einstein. "It's just that you're a girl." Another amazing discovery. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Oh." I tried to look out the living room window and at my house to see if there were any lights on. "I don't know if my parents are home yet..."

"Look, you don't have to leave just because my mom's coming," Aaron said, obviously changing his view on the matter. "Just be prepared to be...'unliked'."

"What do you mean 'unliked'?" I asked with slight suspision

"Well, our mom tends to not really like our girlfriends too much..." Nick said refering to himself and his brother. Wow, these geniuses are on a roll today.

"She more like hates them..." Aaron corrected.

Then, I realized she had even more of a reason to not like me. "...Does she know about the kiss?" I finally asked. They looked at each other, apparently having the same reaction I did when I realized it.

"I hope not, but I don't think so..." Aaron trailed off, his arm around my shoulders. "Just, don't be nervous. I'll try and talk to her later."

"Try?" I asked.

"She might not listen to what any of us tell her about you." Nick explained. Thats great.

"Whens she coming?" I asked.

Aaron and Nick shared another brother's-only glance, "Um....."

Ding-dong!

"Like right now," Aaron finally quipped, dashing to his closet and pulling out everything. Nick rushed out of the room, presumably doing the same.

No duh, I couldn't have figured that out myself, could I?

"What are you doing? I hope you're trying not to go greet your mom naked at the door." I stretched my arms over my head, yawning leisurely.

"I want to look nice for my Mom so she won't chew me out for another thing." he answered.

"Look, if I'm just gonna be 'another thing' that your mom will get mad at you for, then I'll just leave." I said getting up and walking to the door.

"No!" he jumped in front of me before I got to the door. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Well it definitely sounded like you did," I said turning my gaze to the window.

He let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Baby, I'm sorry. You know I love you, it's just... sometimes it can be really hard to stay on my mom's good side. The littlest thing can make her go nuts. And if she doesn't like you... then this night will be Hell." he looked at me and when he saw the look on my face he added, "But if you're not here, it'll be even worse."

I couldn't help but smile at his attempt to keep me from getting upset. I leaned in for a quick kiss and said, "Then don't worry, I'll be so good, Mother Teresa'll have nothin' on me."

Aaron laughed and kissed me back. When he pulled away there was a series of loud thuds coming from the front door.

"You make yourself look pretty," I said to Aaron. "I'll get the door."

"I don't think that's a very good idea..." he said nerviously.

"Relax," I said patting him on the back as I walked passed him and out the door. "I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

I went down the stairs and to the front door. Opening it I put my biggest - and cutest - smile on and greeted her. "Hello, Mrs. Carter!"

At least, I hoped it was Mrs. Carter. If it weren't... Well then I'd rather wish it was.

A woman with shoulder length blonde hair and a tight smile glowered at me. "It's Ms. Spaulding, excuse me."

Nice move, Sean. First thing outta your mouth and you've already offended her.