- Text Size +
"Of course I do," he replied cheekily. I swatted him playfully again.

Just then, the doctor came in. "Well, you seem to be in good spirits." he said.

"Of course," Aaron replied with yet another wide grin, wrapping his arm around my waist as best as he could while still on his bed. I stiffened. "I'm going home!"

"So I've been told." The doctor joked. "I'll just need to do a quick check-up, then you'll be good to go."

"Aww man. I hate check ups."

"I just need to make sure you're still alright to go home." The doctor insisted, as I got up from my seat next to Aaron and left the room slowly with his sisters.

"So Amy, you glad Aaron's coming home?" Angel asked with a smirk once we were outside Aaron's room. I looked at her, to see if she had already mentioned anything to Aaron. What would she go for? Blood or friendship?

"Of - of course I am!"

"Me too. I'm glad we're finnaly getting away from this place."

"Yeah. I hope it sticks this time."

"Any plans of what you're gonna do with Loverboy once he gets out of this place?" she asked. I tried to summon up the powers to make her smirk vanish, but came up blank.

Darn. "Not really..." I looked back at his room door, hoping any second the doctor would walk out, tell us Aaron was fine, and let us take him home.

"Aaron's fine!" the elder doctor announced, stepping out of the hospital room.

Whoa. That was fast. I smiled and rushed in to Aarons room. When he's out of the hospital, there is a big chance that he will find out about me and Nick... Shut up! I told myself. Play it cool.

"I'm glad you're okay." I kissed his forehead.

"Yeah. It's not that bad anyways. It's better than having an accident surfing, ya know? Sharks don't like me." He gave me a distinctive look. "Ya know?"

"Yeah, I guess..."

"You do?" his face lighted up quizically. "Well, tell me about it girlfriend!"

I laughed. "Well, not really, but you know what I mean."

He frowned. "Oh, I was hoping to hear an exciting story."

"Darn it. I'm a bad girlfriend, aren't I?" The words formed and popped out of my mouth before I realized it, and I tried to not smack myself on the head.

"No." Aaron smiled gratefully back up at me. "You're the best girlfriend. Ever."

"I'm not too sure about that..." I trailed off.

"Why not?"

"My recent history hasn't exactly made me seem like a good girlfriend..."

"The past is in the past, Amy." He squeezed my hand. "I love you, and I know you love me. Thats all we need."

~Back at Home later~

"Mom!" I bellowed up the stairs. "What in the world are you doing?"

"Just putting away some laundry, honey." she walked down the stairs. "So, Aaron's home now?"

"Yep." I tossed my bag onto the couch. "I'm gonna head back over there, I just wanted to let you know where I was."

"Okay, honey." Mom said as I walked out the door and across the street.



Ding Dong!

"Who is iittt?" somebody on the other side of the door asked in a sing-song voice.

High pitched, but then again, the whole family could probably do that tone.

"It's George Bush."

Silence.

"Really?"

My jaw nearly dropped open at the person's convincingly dumstruck tone.

"No. It's Amy."

Aaron opened the door. "Much better."

"You should be resting."

"I was waiting for you."

"Why?" I raised my eyebrows suggestively.

"So I can beat your ass at video games!" he shouted gleefully, grabbing my hand and leading me towards his room.

What fun. At least we'll both be distracated.

"So, how are Julie and Gina?" Aaron asked, keeping his eyes on the TV screen.

"I wouldn't know, they're not talking to me."

He paused the game. "What? Why not?"

"I told you, everyone at school read that article. The one that said that I was playing you and Nick."

He frowned. "But they're your friends, they should've talked to you about it..."

"I know, you should be telling them, not me..."

"Well...maybe I'll talk to them later," he said hesitantly, snatching his eyes off the screen and glancing at me.

I was reluctant. "Well, maybe..."

"Whassa matter? You don't want me to talk to them or something?" he asked. Damn him, he just killed my ninja turtle.

"I kinda do...but then they're gonna think that I made you do it, or I can't handle it myself...."

"Amy, baby, they're your friends...or should be anyways. Don't worry about it, mkay?"

"Okay," I agreed half-heartedly.

Damn him again. He blasted my turtle to eternal darkness.

~Ten Minutes later~

Moments after my victorious rematch, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey," Kyle said. "Whats up?"

"Hey Kyle. Nothing, hanging out with Aaron."

"Sounds cool." Aaron gave me a warning look.

"Can you hold on a sec, Kyle?"

"Sure."

I put my hand over the phone. "He doesn't like me, Aaron, I told you."

"How do you know?" Aaron asked.

I sighed. "Swear you won't say anything?"

"Who am I gonna tell??"

"He told me he likes Julie."

"Oh. Sorry."

I took my hand away from the phone. "Sorry about that."

"You haven't talked to Julie, have you?"

I frowned. "No, why?"

"No reason."

"Kyle..."

"Okay, she called me up, and she was mad. Wouldn't say why. Maybe because I was talking to you today?"

"What?" I felt my face flush. "Why would she get mad? You have the liberty to talk to anybody you want!" I didn't mean to raise my voice's decibel level, but it came out that way anyway.

"Sorry..I didn't mean to make you mad..." he said timidly.

I took a deep breath. "No, I'm not mad at you..."

"Good." I heard a sigh. "I'm sorry this is happening to you."

"I'm sorry it is, too."

"I'll talk to you later, kay? My mom is soooo making me do the laundry right now." He clicked off.

I smiled, thinking about him doing laundry.

"What are you smiling about?" Aaron asked curiously. His face was all sweaty and flushed, his hair matted. If I'd known he'd look that way after every time I win him at video games, I would of played...

"I wonder what it would look like if you did laundry." I commented.

"Oh?" Aaron looked amused.

"Yeah."

"I'll show you," he gave me a sly smile and led me into the laundry room.

I smiled as I watched him folding clothes ontop of the dryer. But I looked up when I heard the door open. I saw Angel come down the stairs, and she seemed surprised.

"Oh my God, he must be sick! He's doing chores! I'm gonna get a camera..." she joked, laughing as she walked upstairs.

"Grrr." Aaron growled at his twin's retreating back. "I'm doing this for you, babes."

"Aww..." I stepped over the laundry baskets on the floor and sat on top of the dryer, laying a kiss on his forehead.

"How're you feeling?" I asked.

He squinted his eye for a second. "Um...good!"

"Lets go, you've proven your point." As we walked upstairs, we were met by Angel, who was standing at the door with a camera.

"Damn! Too late..." She walked away, looking discouraged, even though I could swear I heard her giggle...

"Whatever Carter!" he called back.

We walked into his room. Cluttered, messy, and distracting is what I would call it. Definitely.

I had to step over at least 6 different piles just to go sit down on his bed. Ah...I love you, bed...

"So what do you want to do?" Aaron asked, sitting down beside me.

"Don't you need to rest?" I asked, avoiding his question with a question of my own.

"I already did for all those days at the hospital!"

"Wasn't that like, only a couple days?" I teased.

"Yeah, well...Let's play a game!" Aaron bounced off the bed and started rummaging around in his gigantic closet in the adjoining room. I was amazed - and slightly appalled - at how much energy he had.

"Another game?"

"Yeah, I wanna beat your ass again." He looked up from his quest and gave me a smirk.

I made a face at him playfully. "Now what is it with you and beating my ass?"

He slapped a thinking look on his face. "Well, if you really wanna know..."

"I think I get the idea."

"No really, I'd be happy to show you."

"No really, its okay. Besides, you can't yet remember?"

He frowned. Again. "Yeah, I remember." He went back to digging through his closet.

"You're not mad, are you?" I asked.

Hmm... Watching Aaron from behind while he digs through his closet isn't that bad a view.

"Nope," He said, still digging. He looked up after a few moments of silence. "Enjoying your view?" I nodded. He sighed as he stood up and sat on the bed empty-handed. "We could always just play another video game."

"Sounds good to me."

~Ten Minutes Later~

He was still sweating. I gave up on my conquest to win him on the game since he was so obviously going to win, with his Viper 3 laps in front of mine. "You okay?"

"Yeah." He said, smirking. "Beating you at video games takes a lot out of me, believe it or not. I know it doesn't seem like it, but-" His sentence was cut short by my lips pressed against his.

"I love you." I said once I pulled away.

"I love you too..." he trailed off. "And that was nice..." He kissed me again.

I went to rest one hand on his chest and noticed his shirt was soaked, I pulled away and reached up to touch his forehead, he was burning up. "Aaron, why don't you go lie down, I'll get you a cool face cloth and something to bring down that fever."

"Yes mother," he said jokingly.

I smacked him lightly in the shoulder and went down the hall and into their main bathroom to look for the things I needed. I went into the medicine cabinet and looked for some kind of fever reducer. Just then I remember that he was on antibiotics, so I went downstairs and read the label. Take two tablets twice daily. I took two tablets and grabbed a face cloth and soaked it with cold water.

I went back into Aaron's room and saw that he had fallen asleep on his bed. Oh god, I thought to myself. What if he blacked out again? I went over to him as calmly as I could and ran my hand through his damp hair. "Aar?" I asked worriedly.

He groaned and opened his eyes, "Hey baby, do you have that face cloth?"

I gave a mental sigh of relief, "Yeah, here it is," I folded the cloth in half and put it across his forehead. "That better?"

"Not really," he said. He sat up and took his shirt off, he reached for his fly, but hesitated. "You don't mind do you? I mean, I have boxers on, it's just too hot for pants..."

"No go ahead." He took off his jeans and tossed them, along with his shirt, to the ground. I helped him sit up and he took the medicine. "Go back to sleep okay. Call me when you wake up." I stood up, but Aaron grabbed my hand.

"No..." he said. He sounded really tired and weak. "Theres something I need to tell you." Oh God.

"What is it?" I asked. This can't be good.

"I'm sorry, Amy, I should have told you sooner..."

"Told me what?" He began to fall asleep again. "Aaron... What should you have told me sooner?"

He stopped abruptly and ran his clammy fingertips over my cheeks. "I don't want to tell you...But I know I have to. I just have to."

I was getting holy worried now. What was he going to tell me? Was it something really bad? Involving his health?

"Aaron, please tell me, you're really worrying me now." I pleaded.

"That girl..."

"What girl?"