- Text Size +
"But Mom-" I argued, but was stopped when she raised her hand.

"Amy, please. Don't make this difficult for me..." Her voice cracked, and she put her hand up to her face as she walked out of the room, leaving me stand there, speechless. I'm homeless now? How could she do this to me? Am I really a that horrible daughter? I gazed around my barely lived in room in a daze, feeling like I'd just been karate chopped in the stomach.

Instead of trudging over to my closet and throwing my clothes into a suitcase in a frenzy, I ran down the stairs, tears slipping off my face and dripping onto my now ex-home. The air outside didn't share with me it's happy sunshine as I ran down the street, going anywhere, and nowhere. It doesn't matter now, does it? I don't have curfew to get home on time... I didn't have a home.

~An hour later~

I packed my big rolling suitcase, my duffel bag, and my backpack with anything and everything I could find in my room that I thought I'd need. All I was missing was one thing: a place to live. I can't stay with Julie, her parents have enough kids to deal with, so do Kyle's... Maybe Gina? Wait, what am I saying? I picked up my things and dragged them down the stairs. Jeez, it didn't seem this bad when we were moving in... Oh yeah, I forgot. Thats because Mom and Dad were helping me. God, when will I be able to stop crying??

When I got downstairs, my mom was sitting on the couch, her back to me. She didn't even turn around when I was standing right behind her. I finally got all my stuff to the front door, and looked back at her as I opened it.

"I took everything I could fit into my suitcases and stuff. Once I find somewhere to live, I'll try and come back for the rest of it."

She only nodded in reply.

"Bye, Mom..." I started to tear up, but was determined not to cry in front of her. "I love you." I dragged my rolling suitcase behind me, my backpack on my back and my duffel bag over my shoulder as I walked across the street, not looking back at my former home no matter how much I wanted to.

Knock, knock.

"Hello... Amy?" Angel opened the door, and seemed confused when she saw me. "Whats going on? What are you-?"

"My mom kicked me out..." I began to cry, and she stepped outside and hugged me, the tears I'd held back finally streaming down my face.

"Guys! Get down here!" she called, still hugging me. She rubbed my back as she walked me inside.

Nick and Aaron came running downstairs, Leslie and BJ right behind them.

"Amy?" Aaron asked. He saw my bag and frowned. "What happened?"

"Mom saw you leaving this morning, and she kicked me out." I sniffled. "She said it was my fault Dad left and she thought it would be better for her if I didn't live with her anymore..."

"Oh baby..." he ran down the stairs and hugged me tightly. "It's gonna be alright, okay? Trust me, I'm not gonna let anything bad happen..." Aaron whispered into my hair, kneading my back with the back of his hand.

"But how?" I sobbed, "She kicked me out! I've got nowhere to go! I'm not even finished with high school yet and I don't even have a job!"

"Amy, how many times do I have to remind you?" Somebody spoke up in the background. I looked up and saw Nick behind Aaron. "We're the Carters."

"You can stay here as long as you need to." Angel said, with Leslie and BJ chiming in agreement.

"Yeah," Aaron repeated, "It's no problem. We'll get to be," he put an excited look on his face and squealed in a high voice, "Oh my God, housemates!"

"Okay..." I laughed. "As long as you never do that again."

"But why." He pouted as everybody disbanded off to whatever they were doing before I barged into their living situation and we walked up the stairs to his room. "I thought it might be fun if we bake cookies."

An image of him in a wearing an apron with white flour all over his face popped into my mind. "Maybe that's a good idea after all..."

"Whatever you want, baby." he smiled. We sat down on his bed, and I fell backwards on it.

"So you'd really bake cookies?" I asked, twisting my body to lay my head on his chest.

"Uh-huh." His voice came floating over my head sounding like a soft and sweet lullaby.

"Even wear an apron?" I asked dreamily. Its so comfortable laying my head on Aaron and listening to his adorable voice...

"Yep." He nodded and I felt my head be jostled by the wave of his body, giggling.

"Even... Sing to me?"

I fell asleep.