- Text Size +
"You really wanna know?" I cut in before Aaron even opened his mouth.

Nick regaurded me strangely. "Is it some nasty shit?"

I gave a semi-shrug. "If you'd want to call Claire nasty."

"Claire?" Nick raised his eyebrows. "Theres a lot of things I want to call her, and thats on the list somewhere I guess..." Nick shook his head. "Wait, how do you know about Claire?" He looked at his brother, still directing his words to me. "Why do you know about Claire?"

"Is there a reason I shouldn't?" I asked, following Nick's gaze to Aaron, but directing my words at the eldest brother.

"No," Nick answered, "I was just wondering why he'd decided to mention that particular ex-girlfriend to you."

"And what is so particular about Claire?" I pressed on, raising my eyebrow. "Is there something special that went on with her?"

"I'm right here you know," Aaron shot up grumpily from his side of the table.

Oh right. I forgot. Is it bad to forget someone is there when you're looking at them?

"Quit stalling," Angel said, rolling her eyes again. "Nick, Claire was just here."

"She was?" he asked, now pulling up a chair and sitting down with us.

Aaron nodded, regaining his posture in his seat. "She said..."

Nick nodded, egging him on.

"She said she was pregnant."

I watched Nick's face to see how he would react; His expression mirrored Angel's original reaction. "What??! Fucking serious?!"

Aaron nodded. I'd never seen him that intimidated by his brother before.

"Aaron, how could you-"

"Shes not!" he interrupted. I, like Aaron, was hoping that that would keep Nick from flipping out on him.

Of course, God doesn't always listen to us.

Nick stood up from the table, thrusting his chair back with a loud scratch to the floor. "See what happens when you have sex with every thing imaginable?! Aaron, when are you going to grow up? Be responsible? Take care of your actions?"

I looked at Aaron. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. Apparently Angel saw it, too.

"Nick, calm down." She said.

"Angel! Did you not hear what he just said?? How close he came to having the biggest responsibility of his life??"

"Nick, I know, but-"

"But nothing! That goddamn kid needs to learn to keep it in his fucking pants!!" Nick yelled, pointing at Aaron. He turned to his brother and continued his rant "You have no fucking clue what being a parent is about!! None of us do!! You really need to cool it with Amy too, or lord knows she gonna end up pregnant. And you can't deny its yours either, cuz guess what, lover boy, she's living here now!!"

Aaron adopted the most pissed off look I've ever seen and - glaring at his brother - said in a low, almost dangerous voice, "Don't EVER say that I'd leave Amy if she got pregnant."

I guess Nick realized he'd crossed a line, and he sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? Just-" He looked at both of us. "Please be careful."

"I'm going to go to bed," I said, stretching out my arms and yawning. "Night baby."

I leaned in and gave Aaron a quick kiss before going up to his room to catch some shut eye. I put on some PJ's - tank top and short-shorts - and snuggled deep into Aaron's huge comforter. It was pitch black in the room, exactly how I like it. And I was in the most comfortable bed ever. I was in pure bliss, nothing could ruin this moment... Or so I thought.

'Can we work it out? Can we be a family?
I promise I'll be better, Mommy I'll do anything
Can we work it out? Can we be a family?
I promise I'll be better, Daddy please don't-
'

"Hello?" I asked wearily as I put my phone up to my ear.

"Amy?" Julie asked.

"Yeah?"

"Thank God you're okay!" she sounded relieved and I heard her sigh.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I called your house," she started, stopping to tell Gina I was fine, "And your mom said you weren't living there anymore! I asked her if she knew where you'd be and she said she didn't give two shits." I sighed. Yep, thats Mom alright. "What happened??"

Should I tell her the whole story, or cut to the chase? "Well, my dad left us." I guess I'm cutting to the chase...

"So she kicked you out?"

"Well, he left 'cause of a fight we all had, and she blamed me for it..."

"Oh Aimes, I'm so sorry..." I could tell she'd be hugging me right now if she was here. "But, where are you?"

"I'm living with Aaron and his siblings now."

"Seriously?" Her voice muffled for a moment, and I heard a deep voice in the background.

"Julie, where are you, and who're you with?"

"Oh, um, Kyle couldn't wait for our date, so he's talking to me on webcam. We're such dorks; We actually brought our laptops on vacation with us." She giggled lovingly.

Somebody's fallin' fast...

"Oh..." I said, trying to stifle my laughter. "I'll leave to you it, then... You better behave."

"I'll try..." She trailed off. "See ya soon." Click.

I laughed as I laid back down on the bed, my eyes slowly closing as I drifted off to sleep...


~Later~

When I woke up Aaron was next to me, his soft breath against the back of my neck and his arms wrapped around my waist. I looked at the clock it read quarter past eight.

"Ugh," I groaned as I quietly rolled out of bed. I went into Aaron's bathroom and took a shower, when I came out he was awake and he looked a bit confused.

"He baby," I said, walking out of the bathroom in my towel. "Did I wake you?"

"No," he said rubbing his eyes. "I was just wondering where you went..." he plopped his head back down into his pillow and fell back asleep.

So cute, I said to myself.