- Text Size +
"What do you have to show me?" I asked confused as he dragged me along.

He dragged me across the hard, tiled blue floor before stopping in front of a large, and rather eye catching store front. He looked at me closely.

"Do you really want to know?" I nodded furiously. "This is what I want you to see." he said, pointing behind me.

I looked around then back at him. "There's nothing here." I told him once again very confused.

Standing in the middle of a sitting area with a fountain, I was very confused. The only store nearby was an electronics store, but that couldn't be where he was taking me. I don't need any of that. What I suspected he'd already gotten me was enough. I shook my head in disbelief as I looked at his face, his usual smiling, happy face...

"I got the feeling you were having a hard time, and one of those boxes your dad had me bring up to your room was filled with CDs, so..." he trailed off, his hands in his pockets as he turned towards the store.

"...So you thought you'd take me here? Aaron, thats-"

"Its something one friend wants to do for another. Consider me your first friend in your new hometown." I hugged him as we walked towards the store. As much as I wanted to refuse his offer, how could I resist that face?

"I already had." I smiled as he began speeding up his pace and again ended up dragging me behind him.

"Let the shopping begin!" Aaron smiled and let me go first into the store.

"Wait, first, I have to give you something." I grinned, pulling Aaron slowly by the collar so that we were face to face, up close and personal. I wiped my hands on the back of my pants and cocked my head at a 45 degree angle, anticipating the softness of his red lips. I giggled when Aaron's eyes opened wide at the prospect of getting a little something, and I gave him a teasingly light kiss on the lips.

"Damn," he smiled wide, exposing very cute teeth indeed. "Now I have to buy you the whole store just to pay you back!"

"I don't think my house is big enough for the whole store."

"Then you need a bigger house." Aaron replied with a grin.

"Where do I get a bigger house?" I asked coyly. "Does that include a bigger room with a massive plush bed?"

"I don't know, I'm not a pro in buying houses. So, let's get done here so we can get home." Aaron looked around for the stuff on the display closest to where we were momentarily standing. Back home? Oh yeah, we're gonna paint my room...

"Done here?" I asked, feigning cluelessness in my voice. "Who are we doing here?"

He laughed as we walked towards the back of the store, where there were sevreal aisles of CDs and DVDs. "You know what I mean." He began flipping through the DVDs and I playfully nudged him as I looked through the row next to the one he was looking in.


~At home later~

"My arms are gonna fall off!" I moaned as Aaron and I flopped through the doorway of my room.

"What are you complaining about? I have more bags than you!"

"Well I'm a lady." I showed him my lady-like pose. Aaron looked at me, and it like it was forever. I got nervous when he looked at me that way. But why?

"So true..." Aaron looked like he was in his own little world.

"Did you think I was a guy or something?" I asked, bending over to retrieve the paint brushes and paint, making sure I could tease Aaron with a nice view. "'Cause at first glance, I could so tell you were one." I grinned.

Aaron looked kinda shocked or out of right things to say as he stood there blushing for a moment. "J-just hand me that paint brush..." I handed him a light gray paint covered paintbrush, paint side first.

He smirked as he took the paintbrush and wiped it over my nose, covering it in gray paint. I made a shocked expression and pulled him to the ground, where I took the paintbrush from him and made the same mark on his nose. I smiled as I sat over him, looking into his eyes... until he leaned in and kissed me.

It took five seconds before I realized what was going on and pulled away.

Aaron was still on the floor. "What?"

I just turned around to the wall. "We - have a paint job to do..."

It was silent for the next 20 minutes, until I saw out of the corner of my eye Aaron making silly faces at me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Finally, I was starting to think you weren't talking to me." he said.

"Why wouldn't I talk to you?" I giggled, slowly walking over to the wall where the job must be done.

"I dunno... 'cause you were like quiet after I kissed you." he said. I snuck a glance at his face. It was pink. Not really an attractive look, but whatever suits his body.

He moved away from the wall for a moment and walked over to my other side, beginning to paint that part of the wall, I'd assumed so we'd be done faster, but as he moved a little closer to me, I wondered...

"Ahhh!" I shrieked as Aaron flicked a whole brushful of gray paint on me. "What the hell was that for?"

Aaron smirked at me. "I just felt like it. What are you gonna do about, Little Missy?"

What was I going go do about it? I wrestled him to the ground, eeriely feeling a tad bit of deja vu. Looking into his eyes, I knew he wanted it to happen again. I smiled as I leaned in to kiss him, and instead swiped the paintbrush over his cheek.

"The heck, Amy?!?" Aaron exclaimed. Was he disappointed that I hadn't kissed him again, or mad because I painted his face to look like a wannabe Braveheart?

I chose to think the latter and laughed as I got up off of him once again. He wiped the bit of paint off of his mouth and pouted at me for a moment before resuming his painting. Why did I feel bad for not kissing him again?? Must've been the fact that Aaron's gray lips looked so inviting and delicious right now. "I should've picked a box to live in next time, so we wouldnt have so much to paint." I giggled as we finally stood back to admire our work.

"LOL," Aaron replied.

I shot him a bewildered look, "LOL?"

"Habit," he told me, sliding his arm around my waist and picking me, heading out of my room with alarming speed so that I thought I would've crashed.

"Hey, watch it!" I exclaimed, laughing.

He carried me back into my room, where he sat me down on the floor before turing around and picking up the paint brush.

After a few more minutes of silence, he finally spoke. "Am I that bad of a kisser?"

My head immeditately shot up. What the- "No, why?"

"Then why haven't you wanted to talk to me since?"

"I've been talking to you, Aaron."

"You get quiet when I mention kissing."

"I dunno," I shrugged.

He gave me another look, a look with an expression of being slightly hurt, and turned back to the wall.

I sighed. "Aaron, its not like that."

"Then what is it?" he asked, turning back around to face me. "Am I ugly or something?"

"I haven't known you that long..." Oops, not the best thing to say... "And... and..." Somebody save me!! "Well I was concentrating on getting the the job done..." Please don't let him be like Jack... UGH!!!! WHY did I have to think of Jack again?? I wish I could kick him in the balls.

"Fine." he said flatly. "Lets just get done." he turned away and moved as far away along the wall as he could and began to paint again.

I went to say something, but hesitated. Was I ready for this so soon after Jack? Could I handle it?

Yes, I can. "Aaron, please. I dont know what to say. I like you... But I'm just not ready for that yet."

Aaron was silent for a moment, and I cringed at all the mean things he could say, if he wanted. "Do you have another boyfriend?"

I wanted to tell him about Jack, but he could get it wrong... I began humming one of my favorite songs to myself. Music helped me relax, and I needed to calm down before I started to cry.

"Why are you singing about your old boyfriend? Am I that boring?" Aaron demanded.

"I knew you would get the wrong idea."

"How am I getting it wrong?" Aaron asked, shaking his hands in the air. "You won't tell me a thing!"

"No, Aaron... Its... He just-" I tried not to completely break down.

"He just what?? Hes better than me??"

"NO!" I exclaimed, sitting down on the floor. Aaron's expression grew softer as he sat down across from me.

"Amy..." he said quietly. Unable to stand it anymore, I broke down completely. He moved closer and held me in his arms as I cried. I finally calmed down enough to explain to him about Jack. Everything about Jack.

When I'd finished explaining, Aaron seemed to completely understand. "He is an ass." he said without looking at me. His eyes were fixed on the wall in front of him. I could barely see his face, mine was buried in his chest. "I'm sorry that you had to deal with him, Amy."

"I thought I loved him," I sobbed, burrowing my head deeper against Aaron's chest. "I dunno why..Maybe because I thought Jack would protect me. He always knew what to do. And controlled."

"You want to be controlled?" he asked.

"Not really... I was just scared I'd lose him. He was the only one who was willing to defend me."

"He's not anymore." he brushed away a hair from in front of my face. "I'll protect you, Amy. From him, from anyone. Anything."

I didn't have anything to say... I just wanted to sit beside him and feel his warm body. "Even a big fat monster rooster?" I finally asked softly. I nestled deeper, feeling fatigue hit my eyes after spending all that time sobbing. Crying had a thing of making me tired.

He laughed. "Yeah. That too."

"It's getting late!" Dad yelled up the stairs.

I felt a kiss on the top of my head. "I know, Dad! We're almost done!"

"Alright, let me know if you need anything." He frowned as he slowly got up to leave, making sure I was okay. As he walked to the door, I jumped up and ran over to him.

"Wait!" I called. He turned around and stopped. I pulled him down by the neck and kissed him.

"Nice try, but you still owe me a job." he smiled after we'd pulled away.

"Not 'til we finish painting." I commented. As I reluctantly let go, I couldn't stop looking at him. Particularly his eyes. It was like, he'd been waiting for this to happen forever, or at least since we met.