- Text Size +
As they talked and laughed after a romantic dinner , he drove home after a wonderful time. they couldn't be more in love. Married 7 months before, she's carrying his baby inside of her. Going to romantic dinners was something ususal to them. They've met 6 years ago but only fell in love 3 years after. When he stopped for the red sign he looked at her and smiled. she smiled back "Thank you for being my wife" he said. "you're welcome...I wanna thank you for taking me out of the darkness I used to live in" she softly said. Having said those words, she remembered how he helped her go through the years when she had a strong depression because of her past relationship . At first she refused to believe him and believe he had true feelings for her. He suffered to make her belive him. he really loved her. He always knew in his heart that she was the one. Eventually she believed him at the end and fell in love with the man who helped her get over it and didn't give up on her although he could've looked for another. She smiled at those memory then turned at him to thank him again. Instead of thanking him she shouted at him " Brad Look out" she shouted as she saw a big truck heading to them from Brad's side and was nealry hitting them. He looked quickly out of the window but he was blinded by the light coming from the truck. he steered to the left trying to avoid this crash. He did avoided it but the car rolled over and over again . Katie tried to protect her baby and lowered her head. She wanted to scream but she was too scared to. Brad was already unconscious after he had hit his hardly on the steering wheel. It was finally over, the car stopped upside down. Katie was still awake. She slowly opened her eyes when she realized that the car had stopped rolling. she couldn't feel anything in her body.

Why am I not feeling my body? what did just happen? why is everything upside down? Why are those people screaming? Why am I having blood on my face? Katie thought.

She looked to her left to see Brad. "Oh my god...Brad are you ok do you hear me?" she shouted as she shook him. He wasn't answering.

Who is screaming at me...who's calling my name? why can't I open my eyes....why can't I make a sound. What are this voice saying? I hear you but I can't talk to you. I can't understand what are you saying. Brad thoughts raced in his head. "Brad answer me" she shouted again...her voice began fading just like everything faded to him.
Katie felt like fading away soon enough after Brad had faded. she could see one of the paramedics trying to pull Brad out and felt like someone was trying to get her out of there. she slowly closed her eyes and gave up.

~~~~~~~

Katie woke up in a white room and a dark one. She could hear some peeping going on and off like every 3 seconds. what the hell is that sound? she wondered. Where am I ? she sat up quickly but the wires on her chest pulled her back down. owh what the hell are those things? Where is Brad. "BRAD" she screamed. She was scared. she always hated dark rooms and empty ones where she was all alone. "BRAAAAAD WHERE ARE YOU?" she screamed over and over hysterically. Two nurses came rushing in after they heard her. "its ok don't worry" one of them said.
"Where am I?" Katie said with a terrified look on her face.
"at the hospital...don't worry ok" the nurse said as she tapped on her shoulder and tried to make her lay down
"Where's Brad?"
"He's in the ICU"
"ICU? why? is it that serious?" Katie was nearly going crazy
"Relax hopefully he will be ok...I am not responsible for his condition but the doctor will keep you updated"
Katie covered her face and rubbed her temples...then slowly took them off from her terrified face "What about me...I mean the baby is he ok?" Katie said with a worried look
" the doctor will be here any minute...he will have the results of your condition any minute" the nurse said " I should be going now do you need anything?" the nurse said with a smile. Katie shook her head. the nurse smiled and walked out of the room. Katie felt scared again. she prayed for Brad to be ok hopefully! she prayed for the baby to be ok since she wanted this baby so bad. just when she thought she can no longer wait for the doctor , he came in with appearantly her file in his hands. " Hello Mrs. Newman" the doctor said. Katie just nodded with a sad smile
The doctor totally didn't look like someone who had some good news. he found it hard to tell Katie the news every time he saw the worried look in her eyes. he knew what was gonna happen after he tells her so he took a deep breath then started talking "Mrs. newman you had a very bad accident and you know what that could bring...you have a little of wounds that would eventually will be cured in a short time...I'm afraid its the baby who is not ok"
"Is he dead?" Katie snapped interrupting the doctor
"No he's not...some of his mind system have been damaged and" the doctor paused...he couldn't continue with looking in her face so he looked at the papers in front of him and sighed " I'm afraid he wouldn't walk" he finally said
"you mean like NEVER?" she said letting her tears roll on her face freely. The doctor looked down to avoid looking at her. "I'm sorry" he mumbled and got out of the room leaving her stare blankly with a shocked look as her tears fell like rain on her pillow. " I hope Brad is ok I can't take another bad news" she mumbled as she pictured her baby's life without walking. He'll feel different. He WILL be different. "OMG" she whispered to herself as she slowly covered herself and let her tears freely fall from her light brown eyes.