- Text Size +
Chapter 4 – The Nightmare of Normalcy

“Mama! Me p’wetty?” Olivia questioned curiously as she sat perched in the salon chair, gazing at her mother’s reflection through the elegant mirror before her. Howie had insisted that Cheyanne and Austin take the afternoon to travel to an expensive beauty salon to select the perfect hairstyles for the wedding. Cheyanne had yet to seat herself in the chair, more content on watching Austin’s procedure. She had decided that all the girls could pick out an individual upswept style to match their bridesmaids gowns. It would show the uniqueness that varied with all of the women. And, Olivia had wanted the same treatment. So, one of the beauticians simply loitering around for the fact of celebrities, had started on Olivia’s growing honey curls.

“You are the prettiest little girl ever, Olivia Austin,” Cheyanne promised as she moved to stand between the two styling chairs, reaching to rub her daughter’s cheek.

"Absolutely gorgeous," Austin added with a smile, looking over as the stylist began dragging a comb through her hair. She had opted to get a few highlights streaked through her dark locks, deciding it was beyond time for a change in her hair. "When we leave here, we have to drop by the Estee Lauder place to get your makeup done, Ollie."

"Maked up?" Olivia questioned in confusion, wrinkling her nose at the idea. "Me want lip gwoss, Mama!"

“That’s my girl,” Cheyanne answered with a triumphant grin, bending down to kiss her daughter.

"Can't I frilly my goddaughter up once in a while?" Austin requested with a sigh. "Just this once? Get her hair done nice, put her in a little ruffled dress, dab on some lipstick and powder and watch Bay go nuts?"

"No!" Olivia cried, shaking her head. "No 'rilly!"

“Cinnamon Sweetness doesn’t need to get frilly to see Darlin’ go nuts. She’s beautiful like that and she already wanted her hair done nice. And a little lip gloss, she’ll be down-right adorable,” Cheyanne chided, unable to help her grin from widening with sheer triumph over the situation. She had feared her daughter would be extremely feminine and grow up resenting her for not being able to help. This gave her hope.

The beautician that patiently worked on Olivia's hair giggled softly. "She's really beautiful… Have you considered entering her in one of the local pageants—"

"Hell no!" Austin interrupted immediately.

The beautician looked confused. “You just said--”

“Cinnamon Sweetness has enough of a fan base,” Cheyanne interrupted, motioning toward the elegant windows that contained dozens of eager photographers.

"Dey's 'cary, Olivia whispered to her mother, sending a pout to the photographers.

"Want me to tell Drewie to scare them away?" Austin questioned, already reaching for her cell phone. "He's right down the street with Pappy and Daddy—"

"Dewie, Mama?"

“If that’s what you want, Cinnamon,” Cheyanne agreed, crouching down in front of her daughter to kiss her hand as Austin made the appropriate phone call. The paparazzi was absolutely ridiculous, especially as the wedding continued to near. And, if her daughter was fearful, Cheyanne would do anything to protect her.

"Thanks, Drewie… Just don't let it slip to the boys, got it? Otherwise they'll be running down the street in their boxers or something…" Austin laughed at Drew's reply before hanging up. "Drewie will be getting rid of them in a couple of minutes, Ollie-Oil," she promised.

"Dank you," Olivia cooed.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! CAN’T LET A WOMAN GO INTO A BEAUTY PARLOR WITHOUT YOU VULTURES SCRAPING AROUND FOR DEAD MEAT? GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!” Nick’s voice suddenly bellowed from the throng of photographers, followed by a yanking open of the door. “GO! SHOO! BEFORE I CALL REINFORCEMENTS AND MAKE NSYNC MAKE A REAPPEARENCE IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS!”

Startled, Olivia jumped at the angry roar coming from Nick, shrinking towards her mother as the door slammed shut. However, the moment she saw Nick saunter into the salon, she visibly relaxed. "ZOOM!"

Glancing out the window, Nick noted with satisfaction that all the paparazzi had dispersed. Seeing Drew, he waved before turning to look at the women. "What kind of fucking moron sends my three favorite women out alone with those pissfucks creeping around?!" he questioned bitterly before swooping forward to shower Olivia's cheeks with kisses. "How's the world's cutest Zombie?"

“D’ood! My Zoom!” Olivia squealed with excitement, bursting out of her style chair so she could leap into Nick’s awaiting arms.

Three favorite women? What the Hell do you want, Carter?” Austin growled with contempt.

"Who said I was talking about you?" Nick returned with a snort. "How you doing, Sandy?" he asked the beautician who reached to finish Olivia's curls.

"Just fine, Nick," the woman cooed.

"Fucking figures," Austin grumbled under her breath, snatching her latest knitting magazine from her bag.

“Austi…” Cheyanne trailed softly, biting down hard on her bottom lip, not wanting anyone to be upset.

“You do realize he probably fucks her every Tuesday, Chey-Chey,” Austin breathed.

As Cheyanne slipped away to get into the chair vacated by Olivia, Nick leaned over, his mouth close to Austin's ear. "Every Wednesday," he corrected in a whisper. "Not that it's any of your fucking business."

“No, not really, but I think it should be your business to know that she’s been taking Penicillin regularly and not for some sniffles. So get your hands off my goddaughter before you infect her, you fucking bastard,” Austin threatened, reaching to take Olivia into her lap, far away from Nick’s hold.

"Zoom?" Olivia questioned, reaching for him.

"I'll get you in a few, Zombie, I need to talk to your Momma for a few," Nick explained, shooting Austin a loathsome glare before turning to Cheyanne. "So, Sweetheart… I was thinking about our boat trip earlier…"

“You’re going to take me out again? I really hope it’s for a longer time,” Sandy suggested with a seductive smile as she ripped the clip from Cheyanne’s locks, causing her honey ringlets to spill over her shoulders. “And that you bring a little more sunblock this time… Those burns were awful for a thong bikini.”

"Oh… Sandy, babe… Chey and I are planning on going out when she gets back from her honeymoon—"

"What?" Austin questioned immediately, snapping her head up so fast the stylist behind her cringed. "You're planning to what?!"

“Seems like you’d have a lot more fun with Sandy,” Cheyanne suggested, yelping softly when the beautician yanked hard on her curls with a comb, actually pulling several strands of hair from their beds. “Can I get a new stylist?! Holy Hell! It’s not like I even wanted to come here in the first place!”

"You're going to break my heart like that?" Nick whined softly, leaning against the counter. "Besides, me and Sandy are just old friends, not like anything risqué happens when we go out. Right, Sandy?" he questioned, shooting the beautician a warning glance.

"…Right. Sorry," Sandy murmured to Cheyanne. "Upswept?" she checked, sending Nick a jealous glare.

"Nothing risqué my ass," Austin muttered. "Probably had her ass in the air while she was sucking on his—"

"Dryer!" the stylist combing Austin's hair barked suddenly.

“Actually, I don’t know what I want and I’d rather you leave my hair alone, please,” Cheyanne suggested softly, slipping out of the stylist chair. She tenderly held her head where the strands had been yanked, knowing she’d be furious if her fingertips were dabbed with blood. Shaking her head, she reached to take Olivia from her godmother’s lap. “I’ll just wear my hair down.”

"Chey…" Austin trailed with a sigh, her mouth moving as the stylist began drying her hair. The look she shot Nick told him to go straight to Hell.

Sandy paled slightly at Cheyanne's reaction. "I didn't mean—"

"I'll call you," Nick promised her softly before following Cheyanne to the row of comfortable chairs in front of the windows. "You okay?" he questioned, gingerly touching the back of her head. "Look, about Sandy, we—"

“I’d really rather not talk about it,” Cheyanne interrupted as she reached to grasp Nick’s hand, pulling it from the back of her head. She really wasn’t in the mood. She was supposed to be enjoying the day, because it was supposed to be about her. Yet, Nick had seemed to shift everything and her beautician had turned violent. It was ridiculous.

"But—"

"Dewie, Mama!" Olivia squealed, standing up to slap at the glass. "Dewie 'ere!"

“Olivia Austin, no banging on the glass,” Cheyanne chided, reaching to pull her daughter from the glass, setting her to the floor as the door opened. “There, you can go get Dewie.”

"Sweetheart…" Nick trailed, watching Olivia toddle to greet Drew. Though, when she saw who was behind him her face broke into a grin and she quickly dived between the bodyguard's legs.

"Daddy!"

"Oh Hell," Nick muttered, sitting up straighter. "Have you talked to him about our boat trip?"

“I told him about it,” Cheyanne answered as she watched Kevin fuss over Olivia for a few moments before going to Austin, who would obviously give him the entire story of their day at the beauty salon. Cheyanne tried not to make a face as she fiddled with her engagement ring. “But, like I said, Sandy and you should go.”

"I don't want to take Sandy—"

"Who's Sandy?" Howie interrupted as he stepped over, holding Olivia close.

“The stylist that did Cinnamon’s hair,” Cheyanne answered, standing to kiss his cheek affectionately.

"Me p'wetty?" Olivia asked her father, grinning from ear to ear.

"You're beyond pretty, Cinnamon Bun," Howie assured her, kissing Cheyanne's cheek.

"That little fucker!" Kevin exploded.

"What the Hell's going on?" Howie asked in confusion, looking from Cheyanne to Nick for an explanation.

"Lil' fu—fu—" Olivia's lips puckered into a small pout when Howie shushed her.

“Nothing’s going on,” Cheyanne answered with a shrug of her shoulders, sending Olivia a censuring look that told her that word was inappropriate. “I’m just waiting for Austi to finish up.”

"We're just planning our boating trip," Nick supplied casually. "Things were going great until Austin decided to be a bi—drag," he muttered.

“So, you’re really going?” Howie questioned Cheyanne, trying to hold back a frown.

“I never said… I mean…” Cheyanne shrugged helplessly. “Sandy would be better company than me.”

"But I don't want Sandy… Look, we can talk about this later, right? I have to run get my new suit for the wedding—"

"Nick bye?" Olivia pouted, resting her head on Howie's shoulder.

“Damn right he’s going bye!” Kevin growled.

*~*~*


"A howdy rowdy cheer for couples' night!" Austin screeched from the back seat of Howie's convertible as he weaved through the traffic on the way to his nightclub. Standing up, she whooped with laughter as the wind knocked her into Kevin's lap. Grinning from ear to ear, she wrapped her arms around his neck, offering him the softest of kisses.

"Badonkadonk! You're going to kill yourself if you keep that up!" Howie admonished, shooting a quick glare over his shoulder. "I swear, the woman has a death wish!"

“More like she wants to give me a series of large heart attacks,” Kevin growled playfully toward his wife, winding his arms around her waist to keep her firmly planted. Nipping her bottom lip as warning, he leaned back to enjoy the refreshing ocean misted spray that seemed to circulate throughout Orlando, Florida. He had missed being here almost as much as he had missed Kentucky and was thrilled with Howie’s suggestion to show the girls his club Tabu. Mostly, it got Cheyanne’s mind away from Nick, who seemed to be plaguing her since she arrived in Florida.

Reaching for Cheyanne's hand, Howie gave it a gentle squeeze. "Why so quiet, Honey?" he questioned, hitting the brakes so he could turn into the private parking lot. As Austin and Kevin clamored over the door in their haste to get into the club, Howie glanced over at Cheyanne, reaching to put up the roof.

“Weren’t you the one that first said it’s hard to get a word in edgewise with all the goofs flittering around us?” Cheyanne answered, passing him what she hoped was a secure smile. Bringing his hand to her lips for a quick kiss, she reached for the handle to open the passenger door.

"So I could have floored it back there and let Badonkadonk fly onto the pavement and you wouldn't have noticed?" Howie teased, getting out. Walking around, he reached for her hand when she opened the door. "Though Kev might have killed me…"

“I don’t think I’d want you maimed in any way, especially before the wedding,” Cheyanne retorted as she wrapped her arms around his waist for an affectionate squeeze. She hadn’t meant to be so quiet on the car ride, but Austin was overzealous. It never took much for her to get overshadowed by her best friend. Not that she minded it. “I love you, Tea.”

"I love you too." As they headed for the back entrance to the club, Howie twined his fingers with hers. "And don't worry about the two goofs. I already gave strict orders that all their drinks will be watered down. The last thing we need is a drunken sex show on the bar…" he trailed with a grin as his friend paused to tug on Austin's skirt.

“I don’t think it matters. Drunken or sober, there’s still probably going to be a sex show on the bar,” Cheyanne reminded as she watched Austin slip her hand into Kevin’s front pocket. Cheyanne didn’t even need to know what Austin was searching for as she blushed at the mere thought. Her friend had been convinced to make a statement when arriving in Howie’s club. A short leather skirt, high leather boots, and a sheer top seemed to do the trick. No city man was ready for what Austin brought.

"Think we could get good money for the security tape?"

"I heard that!" Austin pouted, nuzzling Kevin's neck. "Ain't going to be no sex shows on the bar, not unless you and Chey-Chey get drunk—"

“Oh… That’s right, they have to conserve Kevvy’s sperm!” Cheyanne breathed with an innocent air of realization.

"And we can't get drunk, either… Seeing as how when I do, my eggs tend to go in hiding…" Austin trailed with a smirk.

"Do we really need to discuss sperm and eggs now?" Howie breathed in disbelief.

"Nah… We can always wait 'till later and discuss them at the wedding," Kevin offered with a chuckle, ushering his wife inside.

“You two partying sober seems like a horror flick…” Cheyanne trailed.

"But we two partying sober leaves the door open for you and City Boy to get as drunk as you want," Austin informed with a giggle, glancing around the club. Nodding her head in silent approval of the décor. "Holy Hell, City Boy! This place is fuckin' fancy!"

“Glad to see you’ve done a brilliant job with culturing-her-up, Kev,” Howie mused as he glanced around his club, always proud whenever he stepped into the nightclub. He had transformed the old theatre into a dancing success. It was always well populated with a variety of customers. Vibrant and colorful. One of Howie’s many successes.

"He's tried… But that Italian opera we went to? I swear, I couldn't wait for the fat lady to sing. Whoooo! I love this song!" Austin declared, grabbing Kevin's hand to drag him to the dance floor.

"I swear, she's the poster child for ADD," Howie murmured in Cheyanne's ear as Kevin yelped in surprise. "Want to dance, Honey?"

“Um… Yeah, if you want to,” Cheyanne agreed with a soft nod, knowing this was one of their last nights out as a simple couple.

Leading her towards the dance floor, Howie pulled her to him, cradling her close as he began to move. "I suppose tomorrow night I'll be sleeping all alone?" he questioned softly. "Seeing as how Momma and Badonkadonk think it will be bad luck if I see you the day of our wedding…"

“I think Momma’s even kicking you out of the house,” Cheyanne confirmed with a small smile, hooking her arms around his neck as she followed his movements like a mirror. It was quite surreal that her wedding was just two days away. Everyone had been planning and scheming about this day and now it had finally arrived. Cheyanne didn’t know whether to be relieved, excited, or frightened. “But you don’t have to sleep alone. I’m sure Kevvy and Austi would love to have you curled up between them.”

"If it's alright with you, I'll take my chances with Moth… I saw the infamous tape." Howie shuddered. "Besides, Austin might try to steal my sperm—"

“You wouldn’t give it over willingly?” Cheyanne interrupted with wide eyed wonder.

"You're the only woman I want to give my sperm to, Honey…"

Cheyanne wrinkled her nose with distaste. “That’s so morbidly sweet, Tea…”

"I thought so too," Howie teased, lurching when he felt a hand clap down on his shoulder.

"Does the Daddy get a chance to dance with Angel tonight?" Kevin questioned over the music.

“After the conversation we just had… I think it might be quite the safe alternative,” Cheyanne mused, though Howie didn’t look as if he wanted to oblige his friend. “Tea…”

"Just so he's not issuing invitations for you to sleep between them," Howie murmured, leaning in for a quick kiss before Austin grabbed his hand.

“Like that hasn’t happened before,” Cheyanne answered with a playful roll of her eyes, hopping onto her tip toes in order to peer over Kevin’s shoulder. She could help but grin as she watched Howie fight momentarily to keep his hands off Austin’s hips only to be jumped on for a rowdy dance number. He looked so adorable – wide eyed and horrified.

"I do get the official Daddy and daughter dance at the wedding, don't I?" Kevin requested, glancing over his shoulder to see Austin grinding against Howie to the tune of the song playing. "She will be wearing a dress that will prohibit that kind of dancing at the reception, won't it?"

"Loosen up, City Boy!" Austin hollered.

“I’m really hoping her dress’ll do just that,” Cheyanne agreed as she bit on her bottom lip, knowing that it took a very special kind of relationship between women to grind upon each other’s lovers. “And, I was hoping you’d want the father and daughter dance… Seeing as how I’m fatherless…”

"Does that mean I have to do the whole 'take care of my daughter' speech too? 'Cause I'd be more than willing to do that," Kevin assured her, smiling when a slow song began. "And I can always go get Dad's old shotgun…"

“Well, that would mean you have to walk me down the aisle, wouldn’t it?” Cheyanne answered as he gestured for her to come closer so he could take her in his arms. She had to smile as he held her gingerly, much like a father would during a slow song. So she kept her hands against his shoulders, just glancing up occasionally into his emerald eyes, knowing Austin had found the best of husbands.

"I thought that honor already belonged to Hoke?" Kevin questioned in confusion, offering a gentle smile as they barely swayed to the music. "Or is it going to take two men to wrangle you down the aisle?" he teased, glancing over to see Austin and Howie in deep conversation.

“Are you suggesting that I’m going to run?” Cheyanne returned with a small pout. “…And, Dad offered to walk me down the aisle if I didn’t want to walk by myself. But I don’t know if that would be proper, I guess? I just thought… I mean, you don’t have to--”

"Would you take a breath? I was teasing, Angel. After all, I'll be up front, trying to keep Howie from fainting or having a nervous breakdown. Come on," Kevin murmured, grabbing her hand in his. "It's hot as Hell out here and I need a Pepsi."

“Okay,” Cheyanne agreed, not having the opportunity to decline as Kevin tugged her through the population of dancers.

Howie watched Kevin disappear through the crowd with Cheyanne, his brow furrowing. "Do you think she got overheated?" he questioned, cutting into Austin's longwinded explanation of how Cheyanne needed rest before having more children. "Maybe I should go check on her—"

“Excuse me, I’m still talking to you!” Austin returned with her own interruption, yanking on Howie’s unbuttoned shirt. “Kevvykins is perfectly capable of taking care of Chey-Chey!”

"If you yank much harder, I'm going to be shirtless," Howie threatened with a scowl. "I'm sorry. You're right. Please, continue…"

“Like I was saying, Chey-Chey has much more to accomplish with her life than just you getting her barefoot and pregnant. She went to college for a reason and she wanted to be a nurse for a reason. Not to mention Ollie is the perfect little angel. Why would you possibly want more children after getting a little gem like my Ollie? She doesn’t need her mother’s attention divided away from her--”

"Are all only children this adamant against having more than one child? Besides, Honey has already told me she looks forward to having more children. And I love Cinnamon to death, you know that. But she needs a little brother or sister to terrorize," Howie stated calmly.

“I hardly see you just wanting one more,” Austin snorted. “And the only reason she told you she looks forward to having more children is to make you happy. After what happened with Ollie, why would you want to put her through that again? Honestly?”

"For your information, having the placental abruption only heightened Honey's risk for possible pregnancy related problems. Besides, she won't be romping around the country on a tour." Nor would she be doing God only knew what with Nick, Howie added silently. "And if we're going to dance, do you mind actually moving a little? It's like dancing with a post—"

“Actually, I think I’d rather get a drink and talk to Chey-Chey about serious forms of birth control.”

"BABY GIRL!"

"What the fuck is he doing here?!" Austin groaned through gritted teeth, glaring at Howie.

“I think he wants to dance with you,” Howie answered with a sneer of politeness, weaving toward the bar as AJ tackled Austin into a dance.

"Skinny! Watch the hair! Took me for-fucking-ever to get it just right!"

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Kevin growled when Howie joined him and Cheyanne at the bar.

"Dancing with your wife…" Howie trailed with a roll of his eyes, motioning for a soda. "Why so morose, Kev?"

“Because…” Kevin shook his head as he hurriedly finished his Pepsi, slipping a few bills toward the bartender to pay for his drink and Cheyanne’s drink. He then kissed the back of Cheyanne’s head, moving toward the dance floor while muttering choice expletives. AJ needed to stay far away from his wife. Permanently.

Shaking his head, Howie reached to slide his arm around Cheyanne's waist. "What do you say we head up to the VIP? It's quieter up there. At least, it will be until the goofs decide to join us…"

“What are we going to do up there?” Cheyanne questioned with honest curiosity as she hopped off the bar stool, reaching for her nonalcoholic strawberry daiquiri. Following Kevin’s path, she watched him yank away AJ, muttering what seemed to be death threats. He was always fiercely protective of Austin, who was grinning with adoration for her brute of a husband.

"Hey! No killing in my club!" Howie barked as he passed by, ignoring Austin's censuring glare. Leading Cheyanne up the steps to the VIP room, he nodded towards the security guard at the top, quickly glancing around to see only a handful of people lingering near the private bar. "Here we go," he murmured, motioning to his usual couch-lined table in the corner. "Need a refill?"

“I think I’ll be okay, besides, it’s nonalcoholic, which means filling up won’t exactly increase your chances of getting lucky,” Cheyanne teased softly, licking her bottom lip to catch the taste of her fruity drink.

"So I suppose my brilliant idea of suggesting I kick everyone out of here for privacy is shot now," Howie sighed ruefully.

“You might get lucky,” Cheyanne promised with a soft purr, caressing his hip before moving toward the empty table he had indicated. Knowing he was watching, Cheyanne coyly leaned over the table to set her drink down before slowly sliding over the leather seats to the back.

Howie was just about to step over to speak with the security guard when Kevin and Austin bounded up the stairs, slipping past Howie to flop onto the couch next to Cheyanne. Screwing up his face in irritation, he swore under his breath when he saw Nick and AJ right behind them. "What the Hell—"

"Somebody ought'a call B, make it an official party," AJ stated as he headed to get a bottled water from the bar.

"Hold up, I'll call him now—"

"Why not? This place could always use another asshole," Austin muttered bitterly as she sidled closer to Kevin. Her eyes were shooting daggers at Nick's back as he headed to the bar, and a second later she turned those eyes on Howie.

“What did I do now, Austin?” Howie growled, completely unraveled by the loud interruption. He had been perfectly content in finding alone time with Cheyanne. Lord knew that he couldn’t manage to have it between the families and his own daughter. Now his friends. Again. And for Nick to be around, again. How he managed to find them was beyond believable. Like he had some kind of Cheyanne radar. It was irritating to say the very least, especially as he continued to upset Cheyanne.

"Nothing," Austin sighed, seeing Kevin's glance. "I'm just going to sit here and enjoy this soda and have a marvelous time," she decided aloud with a delicate wave of her hand.

“Talk about a shotgun load of sarcasm,” Cheyanne breathed teasingly as she took a sip of her strawberry margarita, slipping deeper onto the leather couch. Was it a sin to wish for the honeymoon to arrive sooner than anticipated?

"The Cow said Brian's busy putting Baylee to bed for the night, but she'll give him the message," Nick announced as he took the couch opposite Kevin and Austin. "Which, I'm sure, means he won't hear it 'till tomorrow…"

"The Cow?" Austin repeated with a snort of laughter. "Did you just call Vivian 'The Cow'?"

“Well, have you watched the woman eat? She chews her food like some of the raggedy ass cows Jeff has on his farm,” Nick answered, demonstrating the slack jawed motion Vivian used. “Not to mention a few other character flaws…”

"She's a bitch, plain and simple. And yet you fawn all over her when she's around," Austin noted.

Sliding past, Howie settled next to Cheyanne as AJ dragged a chair over so he wouldn't have to sit next to Nick. "What are you guys doing here?" he asked, hoping to change the subject from Vivian.

"Viv's not a bitch," AJ told Austin as he sipped his water. "You're just jealous, 'cause she got the cute cousin—"

“Actually, I think Brian kind of looks like his Chihuahua mixed with a monkey,” Cheyanne interjected with a demure shrug of her shoulders, finishing her strawberry margarita as she slipped off a sandal, sneaking her toes inside Howie’s pant leg for a playful stroke.

"Are you having a bachelorette party?" AJ asked her suddenly, leaning back in his chair. "'Cause me and Kev have got major plans for D's bachelor party—"

“I’m not having a bachelorette party… But, I’d probably rather not know about Tea’s bachelor’s party. The more I don’t know, the better, okay?” Cheyanne compromised, trying not to wrinkle her nose in distaste. With AJ leading the festivities, Howie was sure to wind up in some dingy hotel with a hooker and a stripper.

"It's just the fellas sitting around with some beer and maybe a little porno—"

"You're going to watch a porno with the fellas, but you won't watch one with me?" Austin blurted, whipping around to look at Kevin.

“It’s different when you’re the fucking star, Princess,” Kevin warned, his cheeks actually tingeing pink. “And we’ll talk about it later. Much later. And if you need someone to watch a porno with, invite--”

“Vivie,” Cheyanne answered before her name could be given, running her finger along the edge of her glass. “Are you going to the bachelor’s party, Nick?”

"I don't know… Me and you could always go out on the boat and watch the sunset?" Nick offered, not having the nerve to announce he hadn't been invited to Howie's bachelor party.

“Will you let me drive?” Cheyanne questioned with an impish, yet timid smile.

"Promise not to drive us into a cruise liner?"

Austin rolled her eyes, snuggling close to Kevin as she sipped her soda. "If Chey's going off with Boohbah on his boat, I'm coming to Howie's bachelor party with you. Otherwise I'll be sitting at the hotel all alone with only my thoughts to entertain me…"

“And her pink bullet…” Cheyanne muttered.

"And I believe I packed that tape…" Austin trailed with a smirk, leaning up to kiss Kevin's cheek. "But, Hell, I suppose I could always call The Cow and we could find a male strip club—"

“Bullshit, Angel, you’re staying home with Princess! You have a daughter to take care of for Christ’s sakes!” Kevin exploded with a dark frown, not even wanting to think of the price of bail that would be set for Vivian and Austin. Especially when the cursed out to police officials and attempted to entice them.

"Momma can watch Cinnamon," Howie suggested gently. "I mean, if you really want to go out on Nick's boat, I'm sure Momma would love to spoil our daughter…"

"Tea..." Cheyanne trailed, knowing he probably wasn't comfortable with the situation.

"Boohbah, call Viv and see if she's up to a little male stripper action," Austin requested, ignoring Kevin's snort of protest.

“You call,” Nick snorted, tossing his phone toward Austin, having no desire to do her dirty work. Especially when she did everything in her power to ruin his relationship, whatever it was, with Cheyanne. Though, his thoughts turned as he glanced toward Cheyanne with excitement. He felt his heart actually flutter. “Are you really coming out on my boat then?”

“I… I guess?” Cheyanne trailed, moistening her bottom lip as she attempted to slide off the couch, wanting another drink. “I mean, if you want me there.”

"Of course I want you there… What're you drinking, I'll get it," Nick offered, already on his feet. Reaching for her empty glass, he gave it a sniff. "Strawberry daiquiri? Coming right up, Sweetheart…"

"Pretty Boy, if you don't let go of this phone right now, I'm bringing Skinny back to the hotel—"

“Nonalcoholic!” Cheyanne interrupted the potential fight spurring between husband and wife as AJ grinned wickedly and Howie pulled her down into his lap. “Lord knows I get drunk and table dance on a rum ball!”

"I'd pay to see that," Howie murmured in her ear as Austin finally wrenched the phone from Kevin's grasp. Glancing over at the couple, he rolled his eyes as Austin eagerly dialed the number, noticing her excited expression. "Maybe I should install a pole…"

"Vivie?" Austin cooed in a sugar-coated voice as she slid away from Kevin. "What do you say to a girls' night out at a strip joint?"

Cheyanne rolled her eyes as she settled her hands over Howie’s, which were wrapped around her trim waist. “You’re going to have plenty of strippers at your bachelor party and I’m sure they have their own portable pole or something--”

“No! Cheyanne ain’t going! Why does that change your decision, you cow?!” Austin suddenly screeched with a look of sheer annoyance.

"I'm not having any strippers," Howie insisted with a warning glance at Kevin and AJ. "I already told them no strippers—"

"Hey, Baby Girl, if Viv's dumping you, I'll take you out," AJ promised with a wicked grin.

"Damnit, AJ—"

“I should definitely be getting out of this joint…” Cheyanne gasped in shock as Kevin leapt across the couch, tackling AJ to the floor. She watched his hands go to the skinnier man’s neck and she launched herself from the couch, bumping into Nick. “Sorry!”

Nick stumbled slightly from the force, somehow maintaining a grip on the drinks he held. Stepping over AJ's chair, he set the drinks down. "Where are you going?" he asked as Austin hollered for AJ and Kevin to keep their noise down.

"Really?! You'll come? Hot damn! I'll call you tomorrow," Austin cooed before slapping Nick's phone shut. Handing it over, she glanced at Howie. "…I'll make Kevin play for any blood left on your carpet…"

“Thanks…” Howie muttered, listening to AJ squeal wildly for mercy.

“I think it’s safer to go dance downstairs,” Cheyanne attempted to explain as she mustered an apologetic smile.

"I think you're right…" Nick trailed, glancing over at Howie as he slid off the couch.

"Come on, Honey," Howie murmured, reaching for her hand.

"Get off me, you whore!" AJ gasped, finally succeeding in flipping Kevin to his back. Rubbing his aching neck, he scrambled to his feet. "Jesus Christ, you nearly broke my neck!"

"Would you two cut it out, please?" Austin hissed, pushing the phone into Nick's hand. Reaching for Kevin's hand to help him up, she fussed with his hair, shaking her head. "Are you going to physically attack every man that puts a move on me?"

Kevin grunted with exasperation, “Do you have a better suggestion?!”