- Text Size +
Kristy paced back and forth at work. Something was bothering her but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Something in the way Tracy acted around her while she was at the apartment. She was used to how flakey Tracy could be, but there was definitely something that she didn't like in the atmosphere.
She watched the few people left in the bar, wishing her boss would realize that she wasn't needed anymore so she could leave and get back to Danielle. Maybe she should take her on a little trip away from everyone and then 'forget' to bring her back. Of course, she would tell everyone that Danielle decided that she needed to be away from everyone so she could start a new life. They would probably believe her since Danielle was still not showing any signs that she remembered anything from her life before.

Kristy smirked to herself, pulled out a napkin, and removed the pen from behind her ear quickly jotting down notes to herself about where to go and how to make it happen. With Danielle finally out of the picture, nothing could hold on to Kevin's heart and she could finally weasel her way in to his heart.

She would, of course, take her to a place that the others would not think to look, because Danielle has only confessed to her that she has always wanted to visit Alaska, or was that the one place she never wanted to visit? She chuckled to herself causing the couple at the table closest to her to look up. Kristy quickly straightened up her face and continued to make her plans.

*****

Danielle watched as Tracy threw different items into a bag.

"I can't get to where your real clothes are, so you will have to make due with what Kristy has given you." Tracy told her as she picked through the underwear.

"The bottom drawer of the dresser, those are my clothes I'm pretty sure." Danielle motioned to the drawer. "Isn't this dangerous though, if she's as bad as you say she is?"

"There is no other way Danielle. If you want to get your life back, you will be the safest with Kevin, in his gated community." Tracy paused for a second thinking about how easy it was for her to break into the place. "Well, being with Kevin is the best place for you."

Danielle smiled weakly at the girl who was partly to blame for the condition she was in now. "Why are you doing this now?" She asked. "This has been going on now for several months now, why are you helping me now?"

Tracy dropped the shirt she was holding into the bag and averted her eyes from Danielle. "As much as I like Kevin, I realize that he would never choose to be with someone like me. Since you've been hurt he's not been the same, the light in his eyes is gone. With him acting so different, the group isn't the same. I can't be apart of something that might lead to the boys disbanding."

Danielle nodded silently in agreement. "That would be shame, to see them disband after all the music they've created. It's one of the things I love about him."

Tracy looked at Danielle carefully. "You said, 'one of the things you love about him', so that means you are starting to remember."

Danielle's face brightened a little, "Yes, it feels so good to have something of my own thoughts back."

"That is so great; you'll have all your memories back in no time." With an added enthusiasm, Tracy started to throw more clothes into the bag on the floor.

The front door slamming startled both girls forcing them to jump. Tracy quickly tried to hide the bag under the bed, but she did not move soon enough. The door to Danielle's bedroom flung open and both girls stared shocked at Kristy standing in the frame.

"What in the hell is going on in here!" She shouted noticing dresser drawers still slightly open and a bag on the floor with clothes tossed into. "Tracy, this is the last straw. You are going to pay for this. I should have known I couldn't trust a fan."

Danielle watched in horror as Kristy advanced, grabbing Tracy by the neck and squeezing. The wheezing from Tracy was starting to make Danielle sick to her stomach. She did not want to watch someone die, especially the person who was trying to help her out of this situation.

"STOP!" She yelled as loud as she could, but it did not stop. Kristy kept going, soon Danielle was sobbing so hard that she began to shake. She could no longer watch and she shut her eyes tight. Her brain began to form images of what was going to happen to her now.

Danielle was unsure what made Kristy stop squeezing the young girl's next, but a straggling breath started again and a sigh swept over Danielle. Bravely she looked up just as the lamp next to her bed went crashing down on Tracy's skull.

"You are insane!" Danielle shouted at Kristy. "What in God's name are you doing?" She looked down at Tracy, blood trickling from her forehead, and noticed that every now and then her chest went up and down in a shallow breathing movement.

Kristy turned her head from Tracy, dropped the lamp and looked towards Danielle. "I'm crazy?" She asked sickly sweet. "What about you and your ex-fiancé thinking that you actually belonged together?"

Danielle could only stare. "What's come over you?"

"He should have been mine!" She shouted slapping Danielle across the face. A red handprint appeared across her cheek showing exactly what happened shortly.

Choosing her words carefully, Danielle tried to calm Kristy down; unsure what exactly the girl was capable of doing to her. "Kristy, if you feel that way, why did you wait until now to tell me? Why not tell me sooner then I would have bowed down and let you have him."

"You have always gotten what you wanted Danielle. You got into the school you wanted, you got the classes you wanted, and your clothes always fit you just right. The last straw was dating Kevin. Not only is he famous and good-looking, he's the best guy I've ever known."

Danielle looked down, not wanting her eyes to give Kristy any reason to do to her what she did to Tracy whose breathing was starting to become shallower.

"I couldn't take your perfect life anymore. Every time I was around you, I felt more and more like my life was the dumps. It didn't help that you paraded yourself around all high and mighty, showing off your damn ring when you got engaged."

Danielle knew she should keep her mouth shut, but couldn't help but ask. "If you hated me and being around me so much, why did you pretend to be my best friend?"

Another slap crossed Danielle's face, brightening the handprint already present.

Kristy grabbed Tracy's legs and began to drag her from the room. "I need to finish some business." Slowly she began to drag the unconscious girl from the room and towards the front door. Positioning herself at the top of the stairs, she began to attempt to stand Tracy upright, so that the fall down the stairs would make more of an impact on her body.