- Text Size +
It wasn't supposed to be like this!" Kristy shouted loud enough for Danielle to hear in her room.
Danielle could hardly breath, how in the world was she going to help this poor girl when she could not even stand on her own two legs. Shortly a loud series of thumps let her know that there was nothing she could do any longer, there was no need to worry over trying to help when there was no one she could help, and Kristy had finished what she started.

There was nothing left for Danielle to do but wait. With a bum leg and ribs, still sore from her original fall down the stairs. Suddenly it dawned on her. Of course, how could she be so blind to not see it before, Kristy was the one who shoved her down the stairs. Memories started to flood back into Danielle's head, images of notes, threatening letters and Kristy admitting it all to her right before her own fall.

Footsteps could be heard coming closer to her room. What was she going to do now that she knew the truth? There was no time to call the police; Kristy would be back in the room before Danielle even got to talk with an operator. She couldn't just sit there; she needed to arm herself with something. As quickly as she could, she scooted over to the bedside table and picked up the lamp. She stared in silence as the door to her bedroom opened slowly, the lamp held securely across her chest in hopes that it would offer her some protection.

Her heart started to pound inside her chest, it felt as if it would explode any second sparing her captor from having to kill her herself. Sweat dripped from her brow, as the door seemed to be opening now in super slow motion. A part of Danielle took the time to wish Danielle did not have a flare for the dramatic and would just open the door and shoot her.

The intensity of the moment finally overpowered Danielle and her head became light, then the room became dark and she saw no more.

*****

The room was still dark, but she could hear sounds coming from outside. They sounded normal, she didn't hear any screaming, she didn't hear anything to make her think that someone was in pain. Light started to creep in the windows, windows that she was not familiar with at all. Memories of what happened the night before seeped back into her mind.

She remembered the door opening, she remembered the choking, but confusion swept her as the next thing she remembered was Kevin's face hovering over her own. Tears had begun to poor down her face at the sight of his face, but she couldn't make him stay long, he was needed elsewhere. He had to go and help someone that needed him more then she did.

She must have blanked out again after that, because her next memories were of the room she was in now. She turned her head carefully and managed to look at the bed next to her own, a familiar face lying there looking back at her.

"How are you doing?" She asked the girl.

"So much better now that Kristy is out of the picture for good, and Kevin is back in my life."

"I'm glad to hear it Danielle." Tracy answered hoarsely. Her throat was dry and she needed water. Almost as if on cue, Kevin walked in smiling at both girls.

"Water anyone?" He asked beaming at Danielle the whole time.

Tracy nodded her head, hoping that his eyes would catch a glimpse of her silent plead. He did of course pour a cup for Tracy before taking a seat between the beds.

After taking several gulps and getting a refill, Tracy finally got the nerve to ask. "What happened?"

Kevin looked at Danielle and then back at Tracy. "I never really left when I said I would, I sat out front. When Kristy came back, I approached the building and waited by the bottom of the stairs to see if I could hear anything. I saw her drag you out and toss you down the stairs, I was able to intervene and help prevent as traumatic a fall as Danielle had the first time."

Kevin paused to pour himself a glass of water before continuing. "I called for an ambulance and then made my way upstairs, stopping Kristy right before she smashed Danielle across the head with a lamp. The authorities came, and well we all ended up here, back in this room." He turned to Danielle and gave her a secret smile.

Danielle smiled back and turned to the confused Tracy to explain. "Kevin told me that this was the room I was in after the initial accident, Room 438." She laughed lightly, a laugh Tracy hadn't heard since before all this happened and was glad to get the chance to hear it while not hiding behind a brick wall pretending she wasn't there.

Before Tracy could say anything a large woman came busting in the room. "These ladies need to rest young man, please vacate the room."

Kevin stood, leaning over to kiss Danielle on the forehead before leaving. "So you are okay with what we discussed?"

Danielle nodded and smiled at Kevin. "Of course."

Kevin looked at Tracy, smiled and then left the girls in the hands of the nurse.

*****

Her body shook with excitement as she waited to hear the music she longed to hear. She couldn't believe she was where she was, couldn't believe that she was being treated so kindly. Tracy always dreamt of something like this, but never imagined it would after she collaborated with Kristy.

The music started and Tracy stood in excitement, watching every move with a broad smile on her face. She watched until she felt it necessary to take a seat again, glad that everyone thought the same and sat down.

"Dearly beloved," the minister started, "we are gathered here today to join Kevin Scott Richardson and Danielle Jane Fitzsimmons in holy matrimony."

Tracy beamed from her seat at the couple they were finally getting married. Their lives would be perfect together and nobody would be able to stop their happiness anymore, not with Kristy behind bars now. Tracy watched and hoped that later she would be the one to catch the beautiful pink rose bouquet, what a wonderful souvenir of this occasion that would be.