- Text Size +
Danielle smiled as she woke up, remembering that Kevin was coming in this weekend to see her. It had been nearly two weeks since they last had seen each other, now all she had to do was drag herself out of bed and go to class and then on to work.
Here classes drug and with the thought of work ahead, Danielle never thought the day would be over. She almost fell asleep twice during her last class for the day, but she managed to take a few notes and even remembered to write down the homework.

Her feet felt like lead as she pulled herself out of her classroom and drove herself to the bank that she was a teller at part-time. People annoyed her and the doors seemed to take forever to be locked. Five o'clock arrived and Danielle thought it safe to shut her window and begin balancing. The moment she entered her final check and hit enter for it to print, one of the financial specialists came over with a customer who just opened an account.

Danielle rolled her eyes in annoyance. She paid no attention to the customer as she finished the transaction and sent the person on their way. She continued to grumble and growl to herself about the specialists being inconsiderate to the tellers. Finally, she fixed her checks and continued with her balancing. Forty minutes later, she was turning her stratus out of the banks parking lot and heading towards home.

She was almost home when a piece of paper on the floor of the passenger side caught her eye; it had the same writing as the envelope shoved under her door. At the next stop light, she bent over to pick it up carefully flipping it over.

Stay away from Kevin bitch or
I will not be responsible for my
actions.

By the way you look so cute
while you were sleeping through
your last class. You didn't look too
happy towards the end of work
either, what happened?

I'm watching you, stay away!

Danielle's pulse quickened and her palms became sweaty, the note fell to the ground and she simply stared ahead. Whoever had slipped that note into her car had seen her today. She thought back to whom she saw during the day, there were no two faces she remembered seeing in both places today.

Danielle jumped from the sound of a horn honking behind her. She jolted and looked at the light, it was green. She waved an apology to the person behind her and continued towards home trying to decide if she should tell Kevin about this or not.

She cautiously got out of her car, glancing around her as she made her way into her apartment. Danielle quickly entered her apartment and shut the door, locking all the bolts. She ran to all her windows and her patio door and locked them as well. She shook her head and fell onto the couch breathing heavily.

*****

A giggle escaped her lips as she watched Danielle pull into her parking lot and practically run into her apartment. She found it interesting that she looked every direction as she walked. She must have gotten my note, she whispered to herself.

She carefully got out of her car and made her way towards Danielle's apartment, another note held tightly in her hand. There was no way she would let Danielle live happily ever after with the man she was meant for.

Her eyes skimmed the parking lot and caught a glimpse of another girl watching the apartment as well. Well who do we have here? She thought.

She approached the car with a big grin, the other girl carefully rolling down her window.

"Can I help you?" She asked the girl sitting in the car.

"I'm just looking for a friend." She replied.

She nodded her head in understanding. "I think you and I are looking at the same apartment." The other girl's eyes widened as she mentioned the apartment. How did she know she was watching it?

The small brunette's reaction to that comment let her know she hit it right on the head. "What's your name?" she asked the girl in the car.

"Tracy." She replied. "I … I was just um…"

"No need to explain Tracy," she replied, "I'm in love with him too."

Tracy gasped at the girl's comment. "How…? I mean who are you?"

"Let's just say, I'm someone who does not want that bitch to be with Kevin, she doesn't deserve him."

Tracy nodded in agreement.

"I can make her back away as well; you see I already have her scared." A soft chuckled escaped her lips. "I will make it so that she won't know what hit her."

Tracy nodded at the strange girl and she listened as she explained her plans. Her plan was wonderful and Tracy gave her word that she would help her out any way that she could and let her know everything she learned. The other woman nodded in satisfaction and told her to get lost, only one of them should be around at a time, until the day that it all was going to happen and they were going to get rid of Danielle once and for all.

She watched as Tracy drove off and looked back at Danielle's apartment. It was dark and she knew that Danielle would be showering in preparation for Kevin's arrival. She would need to hurry before Kevin arrived and saw her standing there.

She took one-step when she heard her phone ringing at her side. She cringed and did a mental head slap. How could she have been so dumb to leave her cell phone on, and bring it with her?

She rushed back to her car to answer the call.

*****

Danielle knew she couldn't stay seated for long after everything that happened, so she got up and made her way to the bathroom stripping off her clothes quickly. She turned the knobs in the shower and relaxed under the warmth of the water.

She lathered the soap and washed herself trying to wash away the memory of the note. She could not ignore it now, someone was watching her. She threw her face under the water and tried to think of who it could be, but the only thing she could think of was a crazed fan stalking her. She never thought it would happen, but she should have known after Leighanne's stories.

As she washed her hair, she tried to think of Kevin's face and his arms wrapped tightly around her. It would not be long until he would be there and she would feel more secure but until then, she needed some noise to comfort her.

She dried herself off, wrapped a towel around her and wandered into the living room turning on the television. Glancing sideways, she noticed her phone. She needed to talk to someone; a comforting voice would definitely help.

She knew Kevin would be driving and should not answer his phone if she did choose to call him, she decided instead on her best friend.

She quickly dialed the numbers and listened to the ringing, outside she heard a car drive off and what she thought was Kristy's phone. She got up and moved towards her patio glancing outside the shades. No sign of her, she must be hearing things.

"Hi Danielle," Kristy answered.

"Kristy, you will never believe my day." Danielle started.

"Really, what happened?"

"I am being followed, and I got another threatening note."

"Interesting," Kristy responded, "are you sure you aren't imagining it?" She turned towards Danielle's apartment across the parking lot and smirked to herself.