- Text Size +
Kevin turned his car into Danielle's apartment complex and parked. He sprinted up the stairs to her apartment and knocked loudly on the door. He was greeted by the door opening, chain still in place.
"Honey, what's going on?" He questioned Danielle.

"Nothing." Danielle answered closing the door and opening it all the way, so Kevin could come inside.

He watched as she re-bolted the door and looked around anxiously. "That doesn't look like nothing," He said pointing to the door.

"So I started to lock my door all the way." She said shrugging her shoulders.

Kevin shook his head. "Danielle I know something is wrong, I have known you too long to know that you don't like to use the chain." He moved close to her and hugged her tightly. "Now tell me what is wrong."

Being held in Kevin's arms was exactly the comfort she needed. Kristy played if off like a prank pulled by some young teenage fan, but Danielle sensed it was something more. Finally, she couldn't hold it inside anymore and she started to sob. "I got a threatening note," She said muffled by his chest.

"What?" He asked not sure he heard what he thought she said.

She took a step back and looked into his deep green eyes. "I said I got a threatening note today again."

Kevin looked at her in disbelief. "Again? You mean there was a first time?" He looked at her seriously. "I can't believe you would keep something like that from me."

Danielle moved to the couch and sat down patting the seat next to her for Kevin to join her. He sat down next to her and she sighed. She told him everything that happened, starting with the first note. Why she didn't tell him, why she was worried now.

Kevin listened to everything she had to say, all the while, plotting his course of action. What they should do and why he thought it was what they should do. When she finished talking, he stood quietly and made his way to the refrigerator, grabbed a soda and walked back to the couch.

He opened the soda and began to drink, taking his time before saying anything. Danielle sat staring at the television screen that remained on while she told the story.

Kevin set down the drink and took Danielle's hands in his, turned her face towards him and kissed her. "I know you are worried, but it is something we can work through. I knew this was bound to happen, the other guys told stories of their girls stalked and I knew it was only a matter of time until someone started in on you." He paused to stroke her hair.

"I love you more then anything Danielle, and now that you've told me this, I think that it is more important that you move in with me. I know that you want to maintain your independence until we actually get married, but I really do think this is for the best."

"Okay," Danielle nodded solemnly. "I think that would be a wise decision."

Kevin looked at her astounded at her ease of acceptance. He knew that this note she received must have really scared her in order for her agree to move in with him.

"I know you are thinking that I must be frightened to agree, but I've been thinking about this for some time. We would get to see each other more often and you wouldn't be so tired from flying into town and then having to drive to see me." She leaned over Kevin and grabbed his soda looking up at him smiling like nothing had happened that day.

She took a gulp of the soda and then placed it on the coffee table smiling innocently. "Now I haven't seen you in two weeks, do you really think I want to continue talking about this note and my possible stalker?"

She moved in closer and laid a soft kiss on his cheek. Moving slowly, she placed a kiss on his other cheek. Putting her arms around his neck, she pulled him closer to her pressing her lips to his.

Gently his hands moved up her arms, clasping her face in his palms. Finally, he pulled away. "Are you sure you want to do this now?"

Danielle looked at Kevin with such desire that Kevin did not wait for her answer but pulled her down on the couch caressing her and removing her clothing.

Danielle moved in all the motions Kevin was used to, but she was deep in thought wondering who could be watching her and why did they choose now, after they were engaged to take action?

*****

Kristy looked at her watch. Where was the little tart? She wondered. I know I told her to be here by midnight. She watched the road and finally saw a car approaching. She watched as a shorter brown-haired girl got out of the vehicle and advanced towards her.

"So what is our first plan of action?" Tracy asked her.

They agreed to work against Danielle, to ruin her for Kevin, but what about when they had won? Who would get Kevin in the end, Kristy smirked to herself about how easy Tracy would fall and then smiled letting Tracy think it was a warm greeting.

"Well, how old are you Tracy?" Kristy asked.

"I will be twenty in two days." She smiled proudly as if it was something worthy accomplished.

"Alright, old enough to go to the clubs with us." Kristy smirked. "We'll introduce you as my cousin, Danielle knows I have many but doesn't know even one-third of them."

Tracy looked at Kristy confused. "So you know Danielle?"

Kristy cackled. "I've been friends with her since before Kevin came along."

"Why are you doing this to your friend?" Tracy asked suddenly unsure if she really wanted to be in on the plan with Kristy or if she should just continue stalking Kevin alone.

"I saw him first!" Was her only response.

Tracy nodded and they agreed on a time and place they would set up for Tracy to meet Danielle. Soon, very soon, Danielle would be out of the picture and Kevin would be hers.