- Text Size +
Danielle called her mom and cancelled their lunch telling her what happened to her apartment and what she and Kevin would be doing that day. Her mom sounded as if she understood, though Danielle could sense she was not thrilled at the idea of her living with Kevin before they officially got married.
Earlier in the day, Kevin rented a truck and later in the day Nick, A.J. and Howie were coming over to help with the move. Brian was still on his honeymoon. The process was going slowly for Danielle, she, at the moment, was left alone to pack and move the boxes to the truck. Danielle sent Kevin out again to find more boxes so they could finish packing her stuff.

She hoisted a box of clothes from her room and slowly made her way out the door. A person in front of her forced her to stand in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" Danielle asked her.

She looked at Kristy, her eyes wide with shock. "I was, um, going to ask you the same thing."

Danielle looked around the box at Kristy, an envelope in her hands. "What's that?" She asked her.

Kristy quickly moved the envelope behind her back. "It's a surprise."

Danielle looked at Kristy. "Okay, well since you are here, can you help me move these boxes to the truck?"

"You're moving?"

Danielle nodded. "After that break in last night I've decided it would be safer if I just move to Kevin's place."

Kristy shook her head, "But you wanted to stay independent until you were married." She pleaded.

"Well I had been thinking about it," She pushed past Kristy and headed towards the stairs. "It will save some strain in the relationship and I would get to see him more often, especially now that the album is almost ready for release."

Kristy stared at Danielle stunned. If she moves in with Kevin, her plan of tormenting Kristy was ruined. There was no way she would be able to break into Kevin's house; there was no way to continue her plan after the torture she already planned.

"NO!" She screamed out of nowhere. She couldn't let Danielle ruin her plans. "You are not doing this to me."

"Doing what to you?" Danielle questioned, confused by her best friends actions.

"I have plans you are ruining!"

"What plans?"

Kristy turned to the side and started to talk to herself. "This isn't happening, everything was going so well. How am I going to make it work now? Kevin's house has too much security; I'll never make it work."

Danielle watched her friend confused. She watched as Kristy talked to herself, watched as she put her hands to her head frustrated, dropping the envelope to the floor. Danielle's eyes floated from her best friend to the envelope on the floor.

She stared at it shocked at what she saw, the red ink, and the handwriting on the outside. "You," she looked back at Kristy who noticed the envelope on the floor.

Danielle noticed a change come over Kristy, and cold uncaring eyes met hers as she looked questioningly at her friend.

"Why Kristy?" She asked.

"Because, Kevin and I are meant to be together and you are really getting in our way." She moved towards Danielle.

"Kristy, what are you talking about?"

"Remember that night in the club where we met him? Do you know he approached me first? He offered to buy me a drink before he even laid eyes on you, but being the good friend that I am, I called you over. Do you remember that?" She asked while moving a little closer. "Then when you came over you were such a floozy, you had him out on the dance floor in two minutes flat."

"Kristy, I discussed this with you after that night. I asked if you liked him, you told me no. You told me that you didn't mind that I was going out with him. Why do you have a problem now?"

She flared, stepping closer to Danielle. "Most of your boyfriends last a few months, I thought you would finish with him, I could then move in, pick up the pieces and we would be engaged right now." She sounded like tears were going to fall, but Danielle saw no tears in her eyes.

Danielle shook her head. "I don't understand…"

"Of course you don't understand. You understand nothing but yourself!" Unable to take it any longer Kristy stepped forward lunging at Danielle forcing Danielle to go over backwards.

She watched with an evil grin as Danielle fell down the stairs, feet going over her head, the box toppling after her. A small cackle began to rise in her chest, stopped by the cry of anguish heard coming from the parking lot.

"Danielle!" He called out.

Kristy changed her manner and looked down at the scene horrified at what she saw. She screamed and rushed down the stairs towards the fallen Danielle.

"What happened?" Kevin asked her.

Kristy looked up at him, tears in her eyes. "I don't know, I was inside helping her pack, she said she was going to take a box down to the truck. I heard you scream her name, ran out the door and saw her falling." She leaned over the body of Danielle. "Oh please be okay." She said aloud.

Kevin looked at the twisted body of Danielle and flipped his phone open. "I need an ambulance…" He gave the address and the cause of emergency then fell to his knees stroking Danielle's hair.

Kristy watched as Kevin's eyes swelled with tears, she decided to make herself appear useful by moving the box. With her back turned she allowed a smirk to cross her face. Her death might work better; I will be there to comfort him in his time of need. She forced herself to hold back the laughter until she was alone.

The ambulance arrived ten minutes later and left again, carrying Danielle and Kevin, in another ten minutes. Kevin asked Kristy to close up the apartment, to make sure it was locked and then he asked if she would join him later at the hospital.

Kristy wandered into Danielle's apartment and looked around the boxes. You thought you would escape your destiny, she said to herself, you only made it come faster. She found the keys, locked the door, and made her way to the hospital to secure herself in Kevin's affection.