- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the official first chapter. Please enjoy it. ^_^

It is of note that I added some phone numbers in this chapter, but I made them up. Please do not call them. Any resemblence they have to real phone numbers is purely coincidental. Thanks.
Low lights… Loud music… A crowd… A familiar scene, in the high rises at least. She brushed back her hair with a sweep of her hand and looked at her feet. Yeah… It was familiar since the day he’d left her. Almost like it was back in her second home, SoCal. Out there she had earned the nickname “Blowing Bekkah,” but this was not SoCal, so there was no need to go into that. She took a brief glance at her shoes as she and Taryn entered the commotion. Strapped tight. Hopefully she could keep her balance the rest of the night. But, what did that matter? No one here would hold it against her later. After all, he was the only one who ever cocked his head and said that everything would mean nothing if she became a crazy party girl. But, that was her secret alone. Here, the only person who would be keeping an eye on her at all was Taryn, and of course she would not object to anything. Taryn had, after all, been the one to lone her the perfect earrings to match her too short skirt and halter top. She felt her nails clinking against aluminum.

“Let’s see who’s here tonight, huh?” Taryn smiled as she released her hold on the can.

She smiled back. Yeah… Taryn was fine.

They walked toward the fray. Amid the dancers, they found themselves attached at the hip to the newest bump and grind style hip hop tune. Amazingly enough, their dancing had very few flaws despite the cans help firmly within their hands. They caught the eye of more than a few of the men littering the party. All of whom wished, of course, to enter the dance orgy before them. Despite the heated commotion there, she slipped away from Taryn and headed to get another drink. Heck, even if she was going to topple in her wedges, what was the point in holding back? Well… One thought did still linger on her mind…

~*~


“Any ideas on the one you wanted to join?” a male asked her. His bright blue eyes sparked with interest as he turned back from the sink with a filled glass.

“Mmmm…” she paused, accepting the glass and taking a quick slurp, “I don’t know…”

He leaned on the counter and gave her a quick frown, “Promise me one thing…”

“I don’t know… What?”

He gave her another quick frown, “Don’t be a Kai-O.”

“Don’t?” she set the glass on the counter and leaned down to face him.

“No!” he put his hand toward his head, pausing slowly and shut it. He then shook his head vigorously, “They’re a bunch of rich snotty bitches… You don’t want to be like that…”

“Well no…”

He smirked, “Plus, then we really couldn’t be friends…”

“Well, maybe I’ll become one just to spite you then!” she stuck out her tongue as she stood back up from her leaning position. She then grabbed the glass and took another swig.

“Oh! You won’t get rid of me that easily,” he let out a low chuckle and gave her a light tap on the cheek with his fist.

~*~


She sighed and leaned against the wall. Yeah… Not that easily… She proceeded to grab another can from the case when a hand brushed her own aside. She turned quickly to protest and caught the arm of a tall male. His bare skin brushed against her fingers.

“Want this?” he smirked. His blond hair fell lightly in his blue eyes.

She started to lash out at him, but thought better of it and bit her tongue. “Yes.”

He cocked his head and licked his full, yet masculine lips. She always seemed to pick the ones that had unconsciously mastered that habit. “Will you do something for me to get it?”

She shook her head and gave him a slight smirk, “I don’t know your name and I haven’t had nearly enough to drink.”

He let out a low chuckle. “Of course… I had to pick the tricky one.” He smiled, “I just wanted to see your watch.”

She furrowed her eyebrows… Her friend had told her a pick up line like this once… Can I see your watch? Do you hear that, it’s talking… What’s that?... It says you’re beautiful… And… You’re not wearing any underwear… My mistake… It’s five minutes fast. Or something like that… A small scowl spread across her face.

“What’s with the look?” He leaned down toward her and flicked her nose, “My watch broke.”

She paused and let go of his arm, “Oh,” she let out a small laugh and pulled out her cell phone, “Don’t you have a phone though?”

“Sure… In my room…”

“A cell phone?”

“Yeah… I left it in my room. Everyone I’d need to call is here,” he gave her a small grin.

She blushed slightly.

He let out another laugh, “You’re right… It was stupid…” He winked.

“So…” she paused, “How did your watch break anyway?”

“Pong.”

“It got hit with the ball? I think it’s a bit light to break a watch…”

He laughed, “No… The clasp was loose, so it fell off and my roommate stepped on it.”

She laughed a little, “Oh, I guess that would break it then…”

He smiled, “So… The time for the can?”

“Why, are you going to bed?” she winked.

“Fuck no!” he cocked a grin, “I just wanted to know how long before my roommate showed up. We can’t play Kings without him.”

“Wouldn’t that be a good reason to have your phone?”

“No, he’s a punctual bastard,” a grin spread across his face.

She flashed the phone’s bright screen at him, “Just after midnight.”

He smiled and clinked the can against her cheek, making it resound with her earrings. “Thanks. That son of a bitch should be here soon.” He let out a small grin as he slipped the can into her right hand. “Nick.”

“Nick?” her face flushed in confusion.

“Well, you said that you didn’t know my name and weren’t drunk enough yet….” He smiled again, “Nick. Gonna play Kings with us?”

“Oh… Sure…” she fumbled, her cheeks pinking.

He let out a small cough, “Is there a name to go with that short skirt?”

She smiled, “Names and other things are best left to be upturned later.”

A slow smile spread across Nick’s lips. “Well… I’ll take that to heart then…” His eyes motioned toward the door and his face lit up, “Cameron, you bastard!!!” He rose his hand.

Cameron, a well built brunette, slapped it accordingly, “Nick, you dick!!!”

“Best of the world renowned poets…” Nick rolled his eyes.

Cameron pulled a deck of cards from his jacket pocket, “Kings?”

“Fuck yes!” Nick exclaimed.

“Where’s Dan?”

“Over there man!” Nick pointed a finger toward one of the open doors in the room.

“Dan’s the man! He’s gotta play!”

“He’s the fucking man! Of course he’s playing!”

Cameron turned toward the open door and started walking in that direction. “Dan! Dan! DAN THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Another brunette peered from inside the doorway and motioned the roommates inside.

Nick smiled accordingly and turned back toward her. “So, you coming, Shorty?”

She looked at her phone and shrugged her shoulders. Sure… Taryn had yet to notice she was missing and who could pass on a game of Kings. She nodded and proceeded to follow Nick into the adjacent room.

They entered to find the layout of the game perfectly dictated, all fifty-two cards around a single cup. Aside from the two roommates, Dan, and herself there were four others in the room, one man and three women. All three of the other women were blonde, as was the other man. They sat in the middle of the two beds, forming a circle around the cup. The room was dimly lit with only the lamps on the desks of the room’s occupants.

Cameron looked up from the seat he had taken on the floor. “Nick, is that one playing? I thought it was blonde whores night…”

Nick shrugged, “Shorty’s playing. You know me, I’m a rebel.” A low grin spread across his face once more.

The fourth man scowled, “Way to ruin the plan, Nick.”

Nick shrugged, “I didn’t have a watch.”

“Where’s your phone?” Cameron asked, then paused slightly, “Not that that has anything to do with it.”

“Room. And it has everything to do with it.”

“Do you carry that thing anywhere?”

“Not often.”

“Oh man…” Cameron put his hand to his head, “You fucking suck, Nick.”

“I do a lot of things!” he laughed, but it came to a sudden stop, “Damnit!”

The other three men laughed wildly; one of the girls joined in as well.

Nick scowled, “Weren’t we going to play Kings? Less laughing, more drinking!”

Dan let out the last of his chuckles and crossed his legs. “You’re right… Let’s play. House rules.”

She gave a blank stare as she turned toward Nick.

He smiled lightly, “Don’t worry, House rules are easy.”

“Just don’t forget that it means I start,” Dan winked.

“That’s definitely the crappiest of the House rules,” Cameron retorted, pulling a bottle from the fridge behind him.

”So?" Dan scowled, “The last rule is the best.”

“Fine…” Cameron replied dryly, “I guess without you I wouldn’t get my daily shot, now would I?” He poured the contents of the bottle into the shot glass he pulled from a small cabinet beside the fridge.

Dan laughed as he poured a can into each player’s cup, “Thank Matt for that one.”

Cameron downed the shot and smiled, “Thanks… Gotta have a shot to start me off, you know?”

Matt laughed, “Pass it here, if that’s how we’re playing.”

“It’s how we always play,” Dan laughed.

Cameron produced seven more shot glasses and the bottle was passed around the circle.

Nick held the bottle in his hand and turned toward her, “Want a shot, Shorty?” A sly smile spread across his face.

She thrust her glass toward him.

A smirk spread across his face, “I like a girl who’s demanding.”

She took the glass back and prepared to drink, seeing as everyone else had already finished their shot. Yes, even the other three girls.

“Hey, Shorty…” Nick held out his glass.

She turned to him quickly.

“Cheers,” he smiled.

“Cheers,” she smiled back, clinking his glass with hers.

The two downed the drinks. Nick turned toward Dan.

Dan reached toward the cards Cameron had brought, strangely they were from the Magic Kingdom, but that was not important... Dan drew the first card and smirked, “It fits our theme…” He flipped the card over, revealing the six of diamonds, “Six for chicks.”

The four girls rose their cups and began drinking.

Dan set the card to the side, “Alright, your turn… Michelle…”

The blonde girl next to him drew a card from the pile, the seven of spades.

She shot her hand upwards. She had always been good at games. Poker, Gin, Egyptian Rat Screw, Revolution, Pirate Monkey, Mau, and yes, Kings… Name the game; she always did well. The others shot their hands upward as well.

Much to his disgust, Cameron was the last one to put up his hand. He may have hated losing the round, but not for the sake of his drink, which he happily chugged. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and gave them a slight grin.

~*~


The game had gone on for almost two hours among the nine, nine, bust a rhyme plays, categories, and questions. Down to only six cards and it was her turn. She drew a card slowly, licking her lips in anticipation. The eight of hearts.

“Eight, eight, pick a date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the four men chanted, bursting into hopeless laughter.

She laughed with them, picking up her cup and hitting Nick in the head.

“Ooh…” Cameron cooed, “She picked Nick the dick!!!!!!!”

The party laughed again as Nick rose his glass as well. The two drank, then Nick put down his cup and gave her a wide grin. “Shorty, can’t believe that you can keep up with me.”

She brushed her hair back slowly, licking her lips again, “I drink with the best of them.”

Nick gave her a haphazard wink as he drew a card. The king of clubs.

“King! King! King! King!” Cameron chanted.

Nick looked at it in surprise, “Which one?”

Dan and Matt began sorting through the pile. Heart… Diamond… Spade… “FOUR!!!!!!” they cried together, laughing uncontrollably.

“GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Cameron cried.

Nick set down his own cup and reached for the one at the center, which was almost to the point of spilling over.

“CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!” the four boys chanted, matching the pitch of their persisting laughter.

Nick cocked his head backward and slammed the cup against his lips. A few drops of the beer cascaded from the corners of his mouth and poured down his chin. At that say moment, he was trying to keep his laughter under control as the other three men continued their banter.

A small smile spread across her lips. Laughing together… It seemed so natural and comfortable. She started to laugh as well, but an image flashed through her mind. A warm hand gripping her own.

“Goodnight… R-slut…”

She clenched her eyes tightly and shook it off, forcing herself to laugh with the others. Such a bright sound came from her wounded heart.

Nick lowered the cup and gave them all a grin, licking the liquid streams from his chin. He let out a low laugh as well.

Dan leaned back as he stretched his arms. “So, ladies… what do you want to do now?” A slight grin spread across his face.

The first blonde girl, Michelle… right? She cuddled up to Dan. His grin increased.

With that, the other six competitors ended up back into the common room of the suite. The music was still blaring, yet the crowd had died down. The party seemed to be coming to an end.

“What do you want to do?” a second blonde girl turned to Matt.

“Rachel…” he paused, “I’m gonna crash… Sorry. Digits?” A smile spread across his face.

She slipped his phone from his back pocket with a flick of her wrist. Her fingers were a bit unstable, yet she managed to type her number into the phone. “Rachel-Whore number Two,” she announced triumphantly.

She and the third girl began laughing together.

“Bailey… Digits?” Cameron cooed.

She and Rachel laughed once more as she entered her number and “Bailey-Whore number Three” into his phone.

She started to walk toward the table, taking another sip of her can. One more for her, and one for Jess. They could go over to Xander’s and share. Yeah, right… That one had a houseful, if anything, he could give them more than they’d ever get here. And more smoothies… She smiled briefly.

“Shorty…” Nick called.

She turned around briskly.

“Two for the road?” he smiled.

She nodded.

He let out a low laugh as he walked toward her, “Where’s your friend?”

She scanned the room for Taryn; no sight of her. She hurriedly set down the cans and grabbed her phone from her purse. One text message…

Taryn Richards
Couldn’t find you. Headed back to East. See you tomorrow.
[02:45:23 AM]
***END***


She sighed and closed her phone.

Nick rested his elbow on her shoulder, “Left, huh?”

She nodded.

A slight grin crossed his face as he licked his lips slowly, “Wanna come back to my place, Shorty?”

She looked down at the ground, then back up at him and nodded again.

He pulled back a strand of her hair, and whispered in her ear, “Then maybe some things can be upturned…”

A shudder ran down her spine as he released his light grip on her hair and turned to Cameron and Matt, who were comparing numbers.

“Cam,” he called, “I’m heading back to the room…” he licked his lips, “With whore number four…” He then turned to Matt, “Alright if this bastard stays with you?”

Matt nodded, “Yeah. See you tomorrow, Nick you dick.”

“I love you, you dick!!!!!!” Cameron called and fumbled over Matt’s shoes. Mat caught him quickly. Cameron regained his balance and stood up, brushing the incident off as though nothing had happened.

Nick put his arm around her shoulder and smiled, “Let’s go, Shorty…”

She nodded.

~*~


His skin was warm; his breath was a hot breeze. His lips felt warm against her skin. A low sigh emanated from her lips as he wrapped his arm around her waist and brushed his fingers lightly against her skin.

“Nick…” she paused.

He leaned back against the back boards of his lofted bed. “Mmmm…”

“Thanks for the game…”

“Too bad I didn’t get you drunk enough,” he winked, “Next time, Shorty.”

“Well…” she paused lightly, “You did manage to upturn my skirt.”

“True…” he mused, “But nothing past that.” He ran his hand under the wire of her black bra and pulled her lips to his again. He held them tightly within his own for a moment, then pulled away. “Want to show me?”

She pulled his head up toward hers and smiled before pulling his lips within her own, “Next time…”

“Let’s make a wager…” he paused.

“What sort of wager?”

“What do you like?”

“Plenty…”

“I won’t give you money…” he chuckled to himself, “Even I won’t stoop that low… But let’s have a trade…”

“What sort of trade?”

He licked his lips, “Stay with me until tomorrow… Then you owe me two more nights…”

“And?”

“Give me your phone…” he smiled.

She fumbled on his nightstand for her purse. It was at that moment that he thrust his hips into hers. A shudder ran down her back as she arched it quickly. After a few moments, her body relaxed again and he began running his hand down her thigh. A small moan escaped her lips.

“If you want me…” he paused, licking his lips, “Our wager can end right now.”

“We’ve been drinking…” she paused, “Not tonight.”

“True…” he paused again, running his hand down the small of her back. “Because I picked you out before I’d done too much drinking…” He chuckled against her ear. “How do you like that, Shorty?... Being more than whore number four?”

She flipped open her phone for him.

“At four oh four…” he smiled, wrapping his fingers around her own and releasing her grip on the phone.

“You really should get a new watch…” she paused.

“Yeah,” he smiled. He began entering buttons on her phone, “I’ll say it out loud… So you know I’m telling the truth…” He paused and began hitting buttons on her phone, “Eight-five-eight-seven-three-one-nine-eight-four-eight…” he hit another button on the phone, “That is… Nick Carter’s number.” He put the emphasis on the first syllable of both his first and last name. He then handed the phone back to her then fumbled on his nightstand for his own phone.

She looked at the screen. There it was… Nick Carter… (858)-731-9848… Just as he had said out loud a moment before.

He held his phone triumphantly as he flipped it open, “Well, Shorty… What’s your number?”

“Oh… Hand it here…” she paused.

“No,” he smiled, “You tell me…”

“Three-oh-three-two-two-eight-one-seven-one-two.”

He smiled as he sounded out the letters “S-H-O-R…”

“No,” she interrupted him.

“No?” he smiled.

“Don’t call me ‘Shorty’…” she paused.

“You don’t like it?” he frowned.

“It’s not that…” she paused, “Call me Bekk… Bekk Bryant…”

“B-E-C-K?”

“No…” she laughed, “B-E-K-K B-R-A-Y-A-N-T.”

He smiled as he saved the name, “So… your friends call you Bekk? What’s it short for?”

“It’s a secret,” she smiled.

There was a small melodic sound, both gave a slight shudder. She opened her phone quickly, from shock of its sudden ringing.

“Hello?”

“Do any of your friends call you ‘Sexy Bekk’?” the male voice on the other end questioned.

She turned directly to Nick, surprised to see him on the phone.

“Well?” he asked and she heard the echo in her ear.

She shut the phone and smiled, pulling his lips into her own, “Not that I know of…”

“You made me stop my phone call!” he protested, chuckling as he pulled her back toward him and bit her lip softly.

She pulled away from him slowly, “So… she paused, “Want to tell me your wager?”

“Right…” he laughed, kissing her cheek lightly. “Trade those three nights for anything in the fridge you want…”

“Are you bribing me with drinks?” she winked, stifling a laugh.

“How’d you guess?” he smiled.

“Anything?”

“Yes,” he let out another chuckle, “On the condition that you save half of it to drink with me.”

“Okay…” she smiled, “Anything?”

“Anything…” he laughed once more.

She pulled his head toward hers and pressed his lips softly with her own. He pulled her back down toward him and rested his hand in the small of her back. He pulled away from her to take in a low breath. He put his free hand to his head and stared at her lightly; his bright blue eyes seemed almost hazy.

“Shorty…” he paused, then gave her a slight smile, “No, Sexy Bekk… Will you be here in the morning? I’m about to pass out…”

She sat up lightly and straddled his legs, looking down at him.

He moaned lightly, “Don’t do that if you’re not doing anything tonight…”

She smiled, “Is there water in your fridge?” She pushed off of his legs lightly and stood next to the bed.

He looked up at her from beneath the hand on his forehead, “Yeah…” he smiled, “There’s some water bottles in there too…”

She pulled two water bottles from the fridge and tossed one to him. “I’ll stay,” she smiled, “But if you’re going to crash, drink this.”

“You too,” he smiled, before pausing and chugging the rest of the bottle. He set it on the nightstand.

She smiled and held the bottle up to her lips. She lowered it slowly and let out a small breath. She opened the fridge again slowly, “And… I’m taking this…” She revealed a long, thin bottle containing a pale green liquid. Her lips spread into a bright smile.

“Sure…” he smiled, taking another chug, “Leave it there for now, come back to me…”

She smiled as she put the bottle back into the fridge. She then climbed back into the bed with him, downing the last of her bottle. She said it beside his empty bottle on the nightstand.

He pulled her back down to him and kissed her lips lightly, resting one hand in the small of her back.

“Nick…” she started, feeling the weight of her eyes against her cheeks.

His eyelashes rested lightly on his cheeks. His breathing had also slowed to a calm pace. He was out for the rest of the night.

She lay her head down on his chest, running her fingers across his pectoral muscles as she shut her eyes. At least she was with someone…