- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I just started this story tonight. I'm pretty sick with my kidneys i might get one out during my surgery november 3rd and with Billy being sick im not sure how much i can write and update but when i do please review
Prologue: The Beginning For The End

It was another hot day in July. Anita stood waiting at her cash register thinking. Her uncle had been sick lately and he was going to the doctor for his results. She bounced on her feet anxiously.

"Well, the day is done, you can go home now." Phil, her manager told her.

Anita smiled and quickly gathered her stuff. The sun was still shinning as she walked to her black celica and hurriedly unlocked the door. She slid in and turned on a Backstreet Boy cd and headed home.

Five minutes later as she pulled into her driveway, Anita shut her eyes to say a quick prayer.

Gathering all of her strength and ignoring the butterflies in her stomach, Anita walked into her house.

"Hey momma." She greeted giving her mom a hug and then her grandma. Her heart sank seeing their red eyes.

"How was work today?" Angela, her mother asked.

Anita shrugged.

"It was ok I guess." Anita briefly thought of Ken, a guy she had been seeing slightly. He had been friendly that day unlike his usual jerky self but it hadn't helped her feel better.

"How is Billy doing?" She asked dreading the answer. For some reason she just had such a bad feeling about what was going on. She wasn't used to Billy being sick. He was usually the healthy one.

"He's not doing good. He is very anaemic and is going to have to go to the hospital next week for some blood transfusions. Also, they did the tests, he has colon cancer.

Anita felt her heart sink. How could this be happening.

"Don't worry he is strong and we are going to fight it." Angela said.

Anita shook her head. She felt numb all over. She felt pain in her nose but the tears did not come.

She walked into the living room where Billy was and looked at him. He was very pale, his face drawn. He had lost a bit of weight and it showed.

"Billy...I...I'm sorry." She whispered her voice breaking.

"Hijta, it's ok. I am going to fight this." Billy said placing his hand on her arm.

His eyes were filled with tears. The deep brown eyes that were always so gentle and pactient were now filled with a hallow saddness. Anita wasn't sure how to handle it. She finally broke down. The hot tears began to fall silently down her cheeks.

She leaned forward and hugged her uncle tightly sobbing. She couldn't understand why such a horrible thing had to happen to such a wonderful person. Someone who had never hurt anyone before had to suffer so horrible. She felt angry at how unfair the world was.

"Please promise me that you are going to fight B, promise me that you are not going to give up." She begged.

"I won't my babydoll, I will fight this. God's will be done." He said his voice horse from the sickness. Something she just thought was a virus.

Later that night Anita curled into bed hugging her pillow thinking of the long day she had just had.

"Why God, why is it Billy who has to be sick. Hasn't he suffered enough?" She thought of how her grandma told her about Billy being born 3 months early and suffering for the first several years of his life.

Sickness took him in and out of the hospital during the first few years, the doctors hadn't thought he would make it past the first night after he was born but he had. He had graduated high school and he had just retired from his job just a year ago.

After all that, after all the suffering he had already done, Billy was in for even more. And this time, there was no happy ending.