- Text Size +
A/N: Hey I'm glad to see new readers interested in this story. I'm so happy to see that, it does bring a smile on our faces! Enjoy this chapter and please try to leave a review for our sanity. Thanks so much. And my buddy Ana got the next chapter!


"Contributions of Dilemma"



**~Chapter Nineteen- Souls Entrapped~**

"Well that's it. I mean before I knew they were sizzling from the burning electricity that was coming outta my hands. You guys it was freaky, it was like the power had a life of its own." Howie whispers softly as he watches Jamelet yawn.

Kevin smiles, "You really did all that?" He whispers, gazing at the darkening sky of the forest.

Howie smirks, "Yeah man, what? You find it hard to believe?"

"Well yeah." Jamelet responds, her dark strands blowing gently in the warm breeze.

Howie rolls his coffee eyes away from her and settles back on the thick quilt Kevin packed in the motorcycle. "Well it happened so believe what you wanna believe."

Jamelet smiles and pats his shoulder, "Ok, I will." She watches Kevin staring at the snow covered horizon where Ana was held. "Kev. We'll get her right? I mean Ana will be ok right?" She asks nervously, fearing the response.

Kevin turns his head and stares at her with his emerald eyes, "Yeah, we'll get her. She's strong. If she covered the place in snow, we can count on her to still be our Ana."

"What about Steeles that you're so anxious about anyway?" Howie asks, his short dark brown curls waving in the breezy night.

Jamelet sighs and shakes her head, "He's a freak."

"That I know, I saw the man. He's holding Ana as a prisoner! I was close to killing him if I wanted too, but I would have put Ana in danger if anything." Howie whispers harshly.

Kevin rubs Howie's shoulder to calm down the anxious man before him. The only sounds heard in the night was of the chirping of the crickets and the scampering of the hidden squirrels in the forest.

"There's more than what's wrong with Mr. Steeles. The man was found with a sick obsession of collecting people. His greatest works so far besides Ana was a living creature that was closely resembled a demon. See Steeles knows about the story that was written centuries ago." Jamelet whispers and stops abruptly when a screeching bird falls dead on the ground besides Kevin.

The three look in disgust as the dead pigeon stared up at Kevin from the ground. "Ugh!" Kevin yells and crawls back a couple of inches away, "What the hell happened to the bird?!"

Jamelet looks on in disgust, "Maybe it got too cold for the animal."

"Or maybe it was shot at." Howie states in disgust.

Kevin shakes his head and kicks the animal corpse into a nearby bush. "No, I think something's up. Birds tend fly in flocks and head back to the warmer areas, not fly away from it unless it was in danger." Kevin states, his deep voice dropping an octave lower.

Jamelet nibbles on her lower lip and gulps, "Howie, I think Kev's right on this. Something's up. Like something is coming in this direction."

Howie rolls his eyes, "It's just one bird people, don't jump to conclusions." Suddenly as if on cue, a large flock of birds scream and flap over head the forest, traveling in a large group covering the dark sky.

Kevin stands up and watches the flock of endless birds fly away from the possible oncoming danger. Howie rubs his hands down his arms as goose bumps rose up.

"Ok. You know what. I think now it's a good time to jump to conclusions!" Howie yelled over the flapping of the wings overhead.

Jamelet watches the pack of birds descend away from the castle where Ana was held at. Some birds suddenly squawk, dying and crashing to the ground as they flutter about and leave the forest.

"Man that was weird." Kevin whispers after the last bird disappeared into the night air.

Jamelet swallows hard, "I don't think we should sleep here tonight."

Howie nods his head, "I agree with her. There's a small cabin about a mile off. We can stay there till the morning and then save Ana."

Kevin nods his head slowly as he kept his eyes up in the sky. "Yeah, let's do that. Another dead bird and I might not ever eat duck again." Kevin mumbles as the three head off down the road with Howie walking the green motorcycle besides him.


~*~



Nick paces the room endlessly and finally stops in front of Natalie. The young doctor smiles at the young man, "What is it?"

"They have the girls don't they?" Nick growled, his icy blue eyes sparkle in the harsh white lights of the hallway.

"Yeah. I saw them about an half an hour ago. They're scared Nick. They don't understand why they're in this mess again." Natalie whispers as she stares at the small research room enclosed in the cell that she would do her work.

"WHAT!? And you don't think we don't feel that way about all this as well!" Nick states, his anger rising.

Natalie simply sighs and leans back on the dingy wall in the cell. Her dark brown tresses topple gently over her shoulders as she seems spaced out for a moment.

"Well did you hear?" Nick yells.

"Relax Nick. Don't scream at her. She's in the same predicament as us." A.J. states as he pulls Nick away from Natalie.

Summer runs her fingers through Brian's disheveled hair as he lies sleeping in the only cot that was now available in the cell. "Nick your friend was killed back there and here you are screaming and taking out the blame on the Natalie." She whispers, her back turned away from him.

Nick growls and kicks the metal steel door that held them inside the cell. "Yeah well what do you want me to do? Hug her and say thank you for screwing us over?!"

A.J. raises his hands in the air in front of him. "Ok that's enough!" Calm down Nick. We have Kevin out there and no word on his safety."

"Yeah, well if you didn't kill Vincent, we would have known where Kevin is at!" Nick screams at him, his hands wrapped in white gauzes.

A.J. lowers his eyes, "He was gonna backstab us! You think having him with us on the team was gonna help." He whispers harshly.

Nick flips his middle finger to A.J. and kicks open the front door. The steel door swings open and creaks as Nick walks out of it.

"Wait Nick, what are you doing?" Natalie shouts as the alarm goes off, the red flashing lights erupting the silence.

"I'm out of here!" Nick shouts and runs down the hallway, disappearing down the corner.

"He's gonna get himself killed!" Natalie shrieks as A.J. runs to the doorway.

Summer shakes in fear as the scene erupted before her. "We have to stay together. Alone is more dangerous, Natalie knows what she's talking about." Her blonde strands lying in a low ponytail, lie on her shoulders.

A.J. sighs and shakes his head, "If we're lucky, Nick won't do anything else stupid that can cost us our lives."

Natalie gulps and watches the sleeping wounded Brian and wondered what Cyrus would do to Nick if caught.

A.J. runs his hands over his dyed red hair and grumbles, "Nick needs an attitude adjustment. I wish Kevin was here." And he slumps into a chair closing his eyes.

"Natalie go after him! If Nick is caught, they'll kill him." Summer states worried.

Natalie shakes her head, "He's on his own, I can't leave, or I'll get a beating like Brian here!"

A.J. whispers something about Howie.

"Can you repeat that?" Natalie asks, her tan complexion glittering in the harsh white light.

"He's ok right? Maybe Kevin found him." A.J. asks, his eyes still closed.

Summer mutters out, "How can that be? Unless Howie escaped the mansion, there's no way he could meet with Kevin."

Natalie nods her head and watches a group of soldiers racing down the hallway. Two soldiers point their rifles into the cell as they lock the steel door behind them.

"I hope Nick gets out of here. He can at least see freedom cause we sure won't." Summer whispers sadly as she strokes Brian's dirty blond hair gently.

Natalie sighs and sits down on the metallic floor, "You guys ever heard of Adam and Eve?" She whispers.

A.J. and Summer shrugs their shoulders, "From the Bible. Why?" Summer asks.

Natalie decides to let them in on the info she found about a book pertaining to some guardians that roamed the earth long ago. After all she wasn't going anywhere and they needed to know this info eventually.


~*~



Rose sighs and rolls over on her stomach. She grumbles and places the pillow over her ears as the loud screeching alarm resounded down the hallway. She can hear the soft breathing of Paige sleeping besides her on the small cot they were sharing. It amazed her to see Paige still sound asleep through all this noise. Rose lifts her head up to see Kimberly and Alison talking quietly in the corner of the room. They were sitting on the metallic tiles hidden in the soft shadows of the lights from down the hallway. Rose brushes some stray blonde strands away from her face and perks her ears up to listen to the two talking.

"Hey, what are you saying?" Rose whispers loudly.

Alison looks up and smiles, "We're just thinking about where the guys are? I heard Nick managed to escape, hence the alarms." She whispers loudly, her deep dark eyes scanning the desolate hallway.

Rose smiles, "He escaped huh? Maybe I should go help him." She giggles.

Kimberly laughs and rolls her dark brown eyes, "I'm sure that's you want!" The amber rings in her eyes glitter lightly in the dim harsh lights.

Paige mumbles something and buries her head under the pillow to hide away from the loud persistent ringing of the alarms. The bright blinking alarms stop suddenly and quietness resumed in the place.

Alison gulps, "Uh oh, I think they caught him."

Kimberly narrows her dark eyes, "Are you sure?"

Alison tries to read into Nick's mind but all she felt was anger, hate, fear, pain. "I don't know. Nick somehow manages to keep his thoughts hidden. Even I can't tell what he truly feels. It's weird really, it's like he knows I'm gonna try to invade his thoughts or something."

Rose sighs, "Can't blame him, I wouldn't want you in my mind."

Alison sucks her teeth and rolls her eyes. Suddenly the metal steel door in their cell opens up and in comes in Nick covered in blood entirely, from head to foot.

Rose sits up in the cot and gasps as Nick crashes onto their floor unconscious, his blue eyes roll to the back of his head. "Oh God!! Tell me he's not dead!" She shrieks as Kimberly and Alison walk towards the fallen body.

Paige sits up and gasps, "How I wish I was still sleeping! Is he…"

Rose watches in horror as Kimberly and Alison try to turn Nick on his back and check his pulse on his wrist.

Kimberly shakes her head in confusion, "He doesn't have a pulse but he's breathing!"

Alison smiles, "He'll be ok, I can feel it. He's in peace now."

"NO!" Shrieks Rose as she stumbles out the bed and throws her arms on Nick's chest. "Come on! Get up Nick! Get up!"

Alison pushes the older teen away roughly, "He's gonna be fine, he's resting now. He's not dead Rose!"

Rose smiles and lets out a puff of air, "Oh good, so I can continue plotting his life with mines."

Paige smiles, "You're insane girl. Wonder why he's in blood? Guess he'll tell us later when he gets up." And with that yawns and helps the other three girls carry the man to a cot to rest.


~**~



**~To Be Continued…~**