- Text Size +
A/N: This is another chapter added on, I hope you’re all keeping up with the reading! Enjoy and drop a review by e-mailing me and Ana or reviewing when done with this is chapter. I’m out, till later and my girl Ana got the next chapter for you.

“Contributions of Dilemma”

**~For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have.- 2Corthinthians 8:12 NIV Bible.

**~Chapter Three- Beyond the Safety~**

The metal door slides open allowing entrance to the two soldiers on either side of the next victim. Cyrus smiles as Nick is dragged in by the soldiers. “Place him in front of me. I want to see the fear in his eyes.” Cyrus states smiling, the grey streaks in his jet black hair radiate from the harsh white lights infiltrating the testing room. His dark brown eyes watch the young blonde man before him.

The room is a wide space filled with gadgets of all type and in the center of the room stood the demanding water tank at the height of ten feet, its same measurements all around. The white tiles match the color of the ceiling and walls and the white lights in the room gleam down giving the room a rather eerie serene feeling. A metal chair stands besides Cyrus as Nick faces him feeling the head of the rifle on the back of his head.

“Well good evening Mister Carter. I’m pleased to see you have made it to the festivities.” Cyrus states, his Greek accent penetrating through his words. He stands firm and regale, like an officer in command ready to give orders. “Like you’re friend Alex, you’ll begin to feel what I like to say is called pain. Your powers, I want to see them.”

Nick gulps, “Look I don’t know what’s going on, but please what you did to my friend, just leave us alone.” He states, the fear lurking in his face.

Cyrus laughs and then points to the metal chair. “Put him there.” He shouts to one of the soldiers standing near by the water tank. On his command the two soldiers pushes Nick on the hard metal chair and strap him in it.

Nick cries out, “What are you doing? What powers? I don’t have any!”

Cyrus laughs and waves his finger in Nick’s face, “It seemed somebody lied to you then. Your friend showed his ability with his wonderful gifts. I want to know what yours is.”

Nick cringes in pain as he sees Cyrus walking to a small medical table with needles of all kind. Cyrus grabs a syringe and walks back to Nick with a sly smile on his face. “Sir if you would kindly show me what you can do, we can move this project right along.”

Nick shakes his head in confusion, “I don’t have powers!”

“On the contrary, mister Carter. You do, you just don’t realize it. It seemed you received a placebo. You never were really cured. You can’t be cured, it’s in you.” Cyrus states quietly, his gaze boring down on Nick.

He shakes his head in confusion, he had trusted the women back in CAPPA, Jamelet wouldn’t have given them something if it didn’t work, now would she? He gulps and watching the soldiers pointing their rifles at him, he knew he had to see if he really did have the powers. He closes his eyes like he did when he first knew he had the fire ability. He waited for what seemed like forever but only thirty seconds and nothing was felt. He snaps open his eyes and gulps, “See, I don’t have anything. I can’t do it.” His voice trembles.

Cyrus growls and slaps his large thick hand across Nick’s cheek. Nick in surprise felt the stinging as his face was smashed with the smack. “Try again. I don’t have all night for this.”

Nick gulps and closes his tear filled eyes again, fear trickling down his spine. He didn’t understand how he and the others were caught up in this again. He waits and suddenly he feels the burning sensation arising from the pit of his stomach. The painful tickle travels up his chest and down his arms and then in a few seconds as it began, he feels the heat on his hands. A small blast of fire shoots out from his fingers, slamming into one of the soldiers standing near the water tank. The soldier started screaming in horror as the fire consumes him, eating away at his flesh. Nick sits there in pure shock. “No! No way! It can’t be! That shouldn’t be there!! Why did she lie to us?” Nick mumbles under his breath.

Cyrus laughs and watches the other soldiers take out the ongoing fire on their friend.

“Well done Nick. Now for the tank.” Cyrus state, pointing to the water tank.

The soldiers begin to lift Nick off the chair, taking the straps off him when the phone in the room begins to ring. The soldiers hold onto Nick awaiting further instructions from their boss. Cyrus makes an annoyed face and briskly walks over to the small portable phone lying on a vacant medical table. After a couple of minutes of talking quietly on the phone, Cyrus slams his small cellular phone down on the metal table and growling tells the soldiers to forget it. “We’ll pick it later. It seems Joey found some information on tracking the women of the experiment. I suggest we get on to it, drop off the boy and board the jeep. Looks like you guys are gonna travel to New York with me.” Cyrus states, his dark eyes glaring at Nick.

The soldiers quickly drag Nick back to the main examination room where the other members of the group are in. The metal doors slide open and the soldiers are greeted with the bright white lights of the room. They shove Nick into the room and smirks, “We’ll be back for you.” One of the muscular armed soldiers state: pointing his rifle at Nick as they exit the room, the sliding door slamming behind them.

Brian gasps, “Nick you’re ok? You’re not wet. They didn’t dunk you. What happened?”

Nick stands in the center of the room rubbing the back of his neck painfully. “She lied to us guys. The doctor back at CAPPA: Jamelet. She lied to us.” He states softly.

Kevin looks at A.J. and responds, “What would give you that idea? You know we can’t use those powers given to us. She give us the medication for it, you saw it yourself.”

Nick shakes his head rapidly, “No. Then what would explain how I burned a guy back in the office. You guys!!! I burned someone and the fire came from within me. I didn’t think I could do that but what else would explain that. Plus that man Cyrus told me that she gave us a placebo. The medicine was never to cure us: cause it never existed!” He cries out frustrated.

A.J. still feeling sore from his past procedures from the soldiers, speaks softly. “Nick’s right. She lied to us. She did it to protect us. Now Cyrus is after the girls and from what I heard Jamelet and Summer are in care of the women.”

“They’ll be back for me you guys. Please don’t let them take me.” Nick whispers. “A.J. what did they do to you in there?” Nick asks pointing at the metal doors.

A.J. shakes his head, “I can’t speak about it. They’re watching me. I know they are. If I say they’ll come back for me and punish me.” He states softly, his chocolate eyes downcast. He tries to move his tan colored hands against the straps on the table he’s on but failed. The men look at their friend Nick who drops on his knees and shakes his head confused.

“Nick, I’ll get us out of this. No one will hurt you.” Kevin’s deep voice enters Nick’s ear.

“Promise me that.” Nick states, his blue eyes in torment as he pleads.

Kevin smiles and nods his head, “It’s a promise little buddy.”
~*~

Jamelet paces back and forth in front of the giggling girls and waits for them to settle down.

“Shhh, quiet you guys, come on. Jamelet has to tell us something.” The golden haired, emerald eyed woman states: her snowy complexion glittering in the florescent light.

Alison, Kimberly, Rose and Paige quiet down and note the seriousness on Jamelet’s face.

“What’s wrong?” Alison states, her dark medium brown locks cascade pass her shoulders. She gazes her dark brown eyes at her friend pacing in front of her and notes Jamelet holding what seems like a letter of some kind.

“I received this package from Ana today in the mail.” Jamelet states, her light brown eyes welling in tears.

Kimberly didn’t like the quiet feeling passing in the room, “What about Ana? She left us! We didn’t have anything to do with her leaving. It was her choice.” She defended herself, her dark brown eyes with the amber rings in the center, stare at her friends sitting beside her on the soft white couch. Kimberly grumbles and passes her hands through her dark brown hair with the red highlights reflecting in it. Her tan complexion twinkles in the room light.

“I know, I’m not blaming anyone here. She just wrote to say she’s misses us and felt that she was a danger to us. Her powers are growing immensely and I know she felt she was threat to our safety.” Jamelet states: holding the letter in her hands. “She’s planning on visiting us but not yet. And Alison, she sent the picture of Brian to you signed with his autograph for you.” Jamelet smiles, handing the glossy picture of the celebrity to her.
Alison smiles, embracing the picture to her chest. Her brown eyes lit up in joy. “See, she’s nice when she wants to be.” She whispers smiling.

“And Rose, here is an autograph picture of Nick.” Jamelet states, handing the glossy picture to the blue eyed, blonde haired woman.

Rose smiles, “Thanks, I wish I could personally thank her.”

“You will soon, when she plans to visiting.” Summer states smiling.

Jamelet laughs and hands a glossy picture of A.J. to Summer, “Ana didn’t forget about you.”

Summer breaks into a laugh and hugs the girls.

Paige smiles, her bluish gray eyes gazing at Jamelet as her blonde tresses tumble down her shoulders. “Everything will be fine. Nothing to worry about.” Her snowy complexion glittering beautifully in the light.

Jamelet nods her head and gulps. Forcing down the sudden anxiety that was gnawing at her, she smiles and hugs the girls. Somehow not everything is safe nor fine. She can feel that something worse will happen before it gets better.
~*~
Ana curls under the warm covers of her bed as she watches the news on mute. The bright pictures flash before her on her thirteen inch television on the night stand in her room. Her mouth drops open when she recognizes a familiar tour bus on the screen. She un-mutes the television and listens to the reporter stating another celebrity heist is up. The reporter discusses in unclear details how the music group Backstreet Boys are kidnapped and seem missing since the last day of their tour. “No reports or witnesses saw the actual kidnapping.” The young male reporter states on the news. Ana continues watching the rest of news as the reporter state that the last time the group was seen was Friday as their tour bus pulled up to a gas station. The bus was found empty with no one in it, down two miles from the highway. The reporter states police investigation are ongoing but no data is found as of yet.

Ana drops the remote in her hands and curls into a fetal position under the bed covers. She knew what happened to Boys and she knew CAPPA never died, “You can’t kill what’s already dead.” CAPPA was coming for her and she needed to tell the girls as soon as possible. Sleep would have to wait until another day, for her life depended on it.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**