- Text Size +
A/N: LOL, although my fellow writer doesn’t really like writing these little notes to you the readers per say, I feel it’s to personally thank all you readers who are reading this and loving it! And yes a review would be wonderful! If you can leave a review in the site or e-mail it to us, cause Ana is truly a great writer that needs the credit for the wonderful graphic scenes in this story! Enjoy and drop a review!

“Contributions of Dilemma”

-“There are different kinds of gifts…” -1 corth.12:4, NIV Bible

**~Chapter Nine- Stained Past

Howie trembles as he pulls himself up to his knees. Nick crawls painfully over to the poor woman that was tortured in front of them.

Ana was left hanging on chains from the wall like a piece of meat from a butcher shop. Her abdomen bled profusely, splashing the white tiles with her crimson blood. Ana looks down to the floor to see the blonde man stare at her in pain. Nick stands up and faces her, sadness overwhelming his face.

“Ana!” He chokes out in pain. “I’m so sorry for this.”

Ana focuses her blue green orbs to the young man and shakes her head no. Somehow through all the pain and confusion, she was conscious or rather came back to consciousness. She wanted to tell him, all of them, that none of this was their fault. She knew the business was cruel and torturing their subjects was the only thing they can do to get their way.

“It’s not your fault Nick.” Ana hears Howie reply. She turns to face the poor man who was dragging himself on the floor to a standing position. He suffered pain for her, no one had ever done that for her and to a point it touched her to know that there are people that really do care for her.

“Thank you.” She whispers out to Howie. Howie glances up from the floor and smiles, nodding his head. She didn’t need a long detailed explanation, he understood completely.

She looks to see Kevin and Nick trying to unchain her from the metal cuffs that left her immobile. “Forget it. It’s locked. You’ll need a key to open the cuffs.” Her voice sore and cracked.

Kevin smiles and opens his mouth to show her a tiny silver key lying comfortably on his tongue.

Ana could almost laugh at the irony of all this. Somehow Kevin was clever enough to grab the key from one the guards when they were distracted with Ana. She was pleased and quite surprised that Kevin successfully managed to get away with it.

“Wait! The cameras!” Brian whispers loudly, pointing to indicate a diminutive projection coming from the corner of the ceilings.

Howie along with the help of A.J. makes his way over to Ana. “Oh God, I didn’t know they would do this to you. I feel so bad that I couldn’t stop them. And now they’re taking you away from us, from me.” He whispers the last two words to her.

Ana manages to smile but her heart was breaking, poor Howie, he looked miserable. His cracked lips held Ana’s smeared blood and within his chocolate eyes, his gaze held some lost hope that was slowing diminishing within each hour. She longed to caress his soft face and tell him that there is life after this, after CAPPA. But she herself didn’t believe in that.

A.J. claps his hands once to catch the others attention, smiling, he passes his fingers through his black goatee. “I have an idea.”

The others watch A.J. as he stares at the miniature camera on the wall, his chocolate eyes focus on the camera which shattered to pieces in a little explosion. “There, no more eyes in this room.” He whispers happily as the others watch on.

“How did you do that? You still have your powers?” Brian whispers, in shock.

A.J. nods, “Yeah, you forgot what our ‘friend’ Natalie said before. The company can’t just dunk us in some chemicals and wash away our powers.” A.J. states grinning.

Nick raised an eyebrow and smiles, “If that’s the case, let me see something.” He raises his hands to the bolted metal door and feels the power emerging from within him.
~*~

Cyrus glares as the screen goes black and shows the snowy dots buzzing at him. “Damn those kids!” He growls passing his fingers through his jet black hair. “Ralfie, do me a favor and shoot the kids. They found out they still have powers, it seems our chemical tank isn’t effecting them at all. I suggest you bring in the young doctor along the Boys. As for our ice princess, get her ready in the clothes Steeles sent. He wants to see her in a white lacy dress he bought especially for her.”

The young guard smiles and nods, running out the office with his magnum in his hands. Cyrus was left alone in the office as the soldier dashes out the door.

Cyrus smiles and clasps his hands together, “I’ll get rid of the girl, kill the Boys and be rich all in the process. Talk about killing two birds with a stone. Now all I need is the other four women and I’m a sent billionaire.” He chuckles to himself and burst into laughter.
~*~

Jamelet gasps out of breath as she reaches the main entrance of a hotel not far from the café. She wipes away some sweaty dark brown strands away from her peach colored face and turns around to see Summer and other four young women tagging along.

“I, never, ran this much even in school.” Summer gasps, taking in air as she places her hand over her chest.

“Ok, we’re all here and a counted for.” Rose says, dragging a tired Alison by the arm.

Kimberly stares around the homely hotel. It was like going to one’s grandmother’s house, it’s small, cozy and smelled of cookies that enticed the young women’s appetite.

A kind elderly man leans over the counter dressed in a navy blue blazer with the hotel’s logo embedded on the right upper pocket. “Good evening ladies. How can I be of service to you?” The elderly man asks, his bright brown eyes glittering ecstatically at the young visitors. Strands of grey highlighted his thinning white crown of hair.

“We need a room for all of us.” Summer states, her emerald eyes scanning the interior of the hotel.

The elderly man smiles, his snowy complexion glows in the soft yellow florescent light. “Well.” The man states, tapping on a keyboard, his small eyes squints at the computer screen. “There is one open room that can accommodate all six of you. Though usually the room holds four per room. But I’m sure you don’t mind sharing.” The man says smiling, pulling out a set of copper keys. “The room cost sixty five a night.”

At that, Summer’s mouth drops open, “But that’s the rest of the money we have left on us. I guess we’ll have to find a bank later on.”

The elderly man smiles and nods his head, “Well I’m a nice man, how about I let ya stay in here for half the price? I would feel awful sending you girls out of the hotel to get money to pay for one of the rooms.”

Kimberly smiles, “Alright, we like that idea, right girls?” Her dark brown eyes glitters in joy.

Paige nods her head, “Sounds like a good idea. Thank you so much mister…”

“Walker.” The elderly man says interrupting Paige. “No problem. In fact I’m thinking since we normally don’t have so many visitors stop here, I’m considering leaving the room for free. Though I’ll have to discuss this with my wife first.” Mr. Walker states, his happy face crinkles in joyful smile.

Paige runs to the counter, “Oh please, that would be so nice, if there was anyway you could let us stay for free, we’d be clean and leave the room spotless. In fact we’ll be so quiet, you think we weren’t here!” She whispers softly, her blonde tresses lying loosely over her shoulders.

Mister Walker smiles and winks to the woman, “We’ll see young miss.” He hands the keys to Jamelet while Summer signed the group in. “You have room 204. And if you’re friend was right about the room being clean and the no noise, you might have yourself a free stay.”

Rose grins and pokes Alison on the side giggling, “Nice deal for a room huh?”

Alison grins and runs off to the solid thick mahogany stairwell that will lead them to their room. The other girls grab their book bags and trail off after Alison up the stairs.

“Night Mister Walker.” Jamelet and Summer state following the others.

“Night children. Enjoy the stay.” The elderly man states smiling and waving a good bye.
~*~

“Alright Cyrus, we spotted them going into Carmes Cottage. Should we put the plan in action now?” One of the soldiers state, talking on the cellular phone as he leans over the side of the black jeep he’s in. “Alright, wish us luck. Let’s hope these girls won’t be that tough to catch.” And he hangs up the phone and tucks it away in his black and blue military jacket. Gripping the steering wheel in his hands, he hears his fellow soldiers in the jeep arming themselves with weapons.

“Mario and Lenny, you take the water and heart child. Gino and I got the earth and wind ones. Be careful, they powers are at their full. They’ll know we’re coming.” The soldier states, his dark eyes piercing the three comrades with him. “Ready?”

The three soliders nod their heads and follow the main solider in charge. “Johnny, there’s one small problem. What about the owner of the hotel?”

“What about him?” The main soldier asks, his gruff voice whispers loudly.

“Kill him and move on. We don’t have time for you to grow a conscience.” Gino mumbles, his dark eyes scanning beneath under his baseball cap. The four soldiers armed with guns walks up to the entrance of the small homely hotel.

Lenny kicks open the door, his gun in his hands ready to shoot. Lenny’s dark eyes scans the counter of the hotel and sees an elderly man staring at them with fear on his face.

“We’re not here for you old man. We saw you let six women in this hotel for the night. Care to tell us what room their in?” Lenny growls at Mister Walker.
Johnny pulls the clip back on his silver pistol and raises it to Walker’s face. “Tell us now, we don’t have time for this.” His tan face stares manically at the owner of the hotel.

Mister Walker was scared stiff as another man with a light snowy complexion pushes his silver pistol to Mister Walker’s temple as he jumps over the counter to lean in closer to the old man.

“Mario since you’re next to the man, check out the computer.” Johnny states, gazing at the hotel and clambers up the thick stairs to his left. Lenny follows Johnny up the stairs in excitement as they are close to completing their mission.

Mario leans next to the computer and begins searching for the names. “Bingo!” He yells. “They’re in room 204.” His gruff voice shouts out.

“Let’s get them already, I want my money!” Gino states and runs up the stairs after the other two dark dressed soldiers. “Mario take care of him.” Gino yells from up the stairs.

Mario smiles and whispers, “Okie, dokie!” and releases his finger on the trigger as the silver pistol spews out its content. The bullet slams into Mister Walker’s temple as he lets out a yell in terror. But it was too late for the elderly man, the bullet played tag with him and now he was dead. Walker falls to the mahogany floor with a soft thud as the crimson liquid sputters out of the small hole now ingrained in the temple. Mario smirks and yells to the guys, “Lets a go!” He jumps over the counter and up the stairs to join the others.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**