- Text Size +
After everyone quieted down, either from laughing or screaming, you know, whatever works, Hannie asked again.

“Does anyone have any questions for BSB?” Hannie asked.

Jessie raised her hand and I nodded.

“Since I know that Kevin and Brian have wives,” Jessie asked, “I was wondering if the other three of you have girlfriends?”

Howie and AJ looked at each other, then at Nick. I guess Howie decided to continue.

“No,” Howie answered, then added, “And I actually haven’t had one for a while, but I’ve been looking.”

Then Howie looked at Mikka and Sauna, and smiled.

AJ looked at Howie, to ask, I guess, if he could continue. Howie nodded.

“Like Howie,” AJ replied, “I don’t have a girlfriend, and I haven’t had one for a while, but I’m also looking.”

He seemed to look out at Phanny, but I wasn’t quite sure.

Then everything was quiet for a minute, Nick was supposed to go, but he must not have been paying attention.

“NIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!” Jessie yelled so loud, I bet you could hear her all the way down the street. No! She’s always loud, so you could probably hear her all the way to the next city.

This startled Nick so badly, he looked like Phanny when the spider moved towards her.

I quietly muttered, to myself of course, “Everyone has their own private spider.”

“Do you have a girlfriend Nick?” Jessie asked again.

Nick looked at her, almost immediately his eyes got huge and the color slowly drained from his face. He was pale now, almost completely ghost white as Jessie stared at him. He didn’t know what to say. He looked at me, then at Brian. Then began to search for a friendly face in the crowd. He quickly found Cassie and Michelle sitting together near Carrie’s chair, at which point he looked up at Carrie. Then he turned to Hannie, who quickly looked away. He looked at all of the other Backstreet Boys, and he looked at Brian again. Then he turned to me. I saw his blue eyes turn sleek black with little light. I saw the fear he let out of those eyes. The fear ravenous wolves eat up. Jessie kept staring, waiting for an answer, and I swear I saw her licking her lips and grinning. Those wolves! Those ravenous wolves! Always after my Nick, always trying to scare him into their traps, to get him right where they want him. I started to speak, but I stopped myself, I think the reason Nick didn't tell them right away that it was me, was because he didn't want them to go after me for him. I stayed quite.

Nick looked at the ceiling then at the floor and mumbled, “Yes.”

“What?” Jessie asked.

I swear she licked her lips again, she looked as though she was a wolf or a tiger, waiting to pounce and kill her pray. Sitting at the edge of her seat, waiting for Nick to answer.

Nick lifted his head and said again in a quiet whisper, “Yes.”

Jessie smiled.

“Oh congratulations!” Kimmy agreed.

Nick smiled shyly, the color returning to his face.

“Thanks,” He replied.

“So, who’s the lucky girl?” Roxy asked.

“Yeah,” Lleigh agreed, “what’s she like?”

“Is she nice?” Regan asked in agreement.

“Would we like her?” Kristin asked as a follow up to Lleigh’s and Regan’s questions.

All right, fast quick, so you don’t miss anything. Jessie is a major Nick fan. She’s real nice and she’s such a sweetie, sometimes I swear she’s a wild animal, but oh well, we love her lots anyway. Kimmy is a sweet girl who doesn’t really have a favorite Boy, the music means more to her. She’s so nice, just like all of them. Everyone in the club is so nice. Roxy is a wonderful person, also a Nick fan. Completely sane, one of the few of us, and wonderfully nice. Lleigh, who is also sane, is also a Nick fan. I see a small pattern here. She also has a great sense of humor, same with many others in the club. But she still hasn’t taken us all to the bat cave, Lleigh? Regan, who is by far a very funny person, is our resident homecoming queen. She still loves the plastic crown we got her, she wears it everyday. She also likes Nick. Kristin, also called FrAcKsGrL, is one of the sweetest people I know and very funny. She used to live in the east coast, and actually got to watch TRL live, I think she misses it. She also likes Nick, funny, a pattern.

Nick looked at them. He looked scared again. He looked at me, then he looked up. I followed his gaze and saw what he saw. Nick saw the opened path to the opened door, he looked quickly at his watch. And looked at the door again.

I heard Lleigh whisper to Roxy, “Is it just me, or is he stalling?”

Nick looked at his hand, he quickly wrote words on it and flashed it to me. It read, “Meet me at the tree by the river as soon as you get out.” I noticed that the R’s and E’s were backwards, but no one is perfect. Then Nick looked at the door again, and with a sudden burst of speed he ran out the door. Jessie tried to catch his leg and stop him, but since she wasn’t strong enough, he kept running out the clubhouse.

I then watched him leave, it brought tears to my eyes that they were so nosy. Their comments brought him on the verge of fear, so he ran.

“Guess he doesn’t appreciate his girlfriend,” Jessie suggested.

I didn’t like that comment. I looked at my watch.

“This meeting is dismissed!” I announced and ran out the door as fast as I could to meet Nick.

As I ran to the tree I noticed Regan and Roxy out of the corner of my eye. They looked like they were trying to catch up with me, and they were doing it pretty fast. I ran faster, just to get out of their way. And then I saw Nick, I tried to stop him as he stepped out to greet me.

“Nick,” I informed him, “we have to go.”

“Why?” Nick asked.

“Cuz we do,” I replied.

I started tugging at his sleeve, trying to get him to move. Then I saw Roxy and Regan coming up. I looked at them for a while. And then, they noticed me standing near Nick.

“Nick,” I whispered, “Look they’re coming.”

“Oh no,” Nick exclaimed, “Not them!”

Then when I grabbed Nick’s sleeve he ran with me. We ran across the water, with the two of them following closely behind us.

As Nick and I neared the fence I jumped, and this time I made it over. Nick followed quickly behind me.

We then ran down the street as fast as we could. I heard Roxy yelling behind us.

“It would have been nice to say that we know her Nick!” Roxy yelled.

“Yeah!” Regan yelled right with her.

Then Lleigh and Kristin came up running.

“What’s all the yelling about guys?” Lleigh asked.

“Yeah,” Kristin asked, “what was it about?”

“Yeah?” Carrie, Cassie, and Michelle asked as they ran up.

“Nick could have told us,” Regan scowled.

Roxy nodded.

“Told us what?” Carrie asked.

“That’s D is his girlfriend,” Roxy replied.

Michelle, Cassie, and Carrie looked at each other like they were insane.

“Oh I thought it was going to be something important,” Michelle replied.

“Yeah,” Cassie agreed, “I mean we knew that a long time ago.”

Carrie nodded.

Roxy and Regan gapped at them.

“You mean D told you?” Regan asked.

“Actually,” Cassie started, “It’s a really long story involving the Gap, you really don’t want to know.”

Carrie started walking away, and then she turned as she saw Jessie run up.

“Hey guys what’s happening?” Jessie asked.

“Nick and D are going out,” Regan said solemnly.

“Did you guys know that your questions scared him?” Carrie asked.

“No,” Jessie replied.

“Why else do you think he ran out the door so fast?” Carrie asked.

“Yeah,” Cassie agreed, “I mean, all he was trying to do was to protect D.”

“Even though I asked a question,” Lleigh said, “I think I’ll stick with you guys on this one.”

“Yeah,” Kristin agreed.

Michelle nodded.

“Did you see which way they went?” Carrie asked.

Roxy pointed to the street we had taken.

“Thanks,” Carrie replied, “At least I know where they’re going.”

“Wait Carrie, don’t you think they don’t want you to go?” Cassie asked.

“You’re right,” Carrie agreed, “I’ll just walk over to D’s house with Sauna.”

After Sauna came Carrie slowly walked away, she seemed as if she were waiting for the others to go as well.

“You guys gotta promise that you won’t go after them,” Cassie informed them.

They nodded their heads. Carrie seamed satisfied and she left.