- Text Size +
When I got home I went up to my room. I was surprised that Sarah was coming back next weekend. It had been so long since I had seen her, and yet, she’d be coming home soon. I was sitting in the silence, enjoying the break when I heard a knock at the door.

“Ring! Ring!” I heard someone shout.

I knew it was Tic, you can tell her apart from anyone, and she’s my only friend who says ‘ring, ring.’

“I’m coming!” I shouted

I then opened the door.

“How are you?” Sauna asked.

“I’m good,” I replied.

“We’re sorry they treated you that way,” Carrie informed me.

“It’s all right,” I replied.

“Lleigh’s on our side though,” Sauna added.

I nodded.

I didn’t like this situation. Did they all think I couldn’t take care of myself? That I’m not strong enough? I didn’t know, but things sure seemed like that to me. Tic looked at me for a minute, since I was being silent. I had to say something fast, or things would get worse.

“Thanks for everything guys. I hope you have fun at the concert Tic,” I said.

“I’m going to the concert!” Carrie exclaimed and then screamed.

“I’m sorry I gotta go,” Sauna said, cutting off Carrie’s screaming.

“Okies Sauna. We’ll see ya later Tac. Bye,” Carrie agreed.

I closed the door. I was surprised at how hard it was to talk to my friends now. It seemed as if everything about Nick and I had to be a secret now, like I couldn’t tell my friends anything. Like I tell them anyway. Well, except Sarah, she’s the only person I ever tell anything. But, now she has Eminem, and well, I’m not really important anymore. Now the only person I can really tell anything to is Nick, but who wants to tell Nick all about our relationship, when he already knows.

I felt my head spinning. I couldn’t think anymore. I started walking to the couch but on the way there the room started spinning in circles, and I felt nauseous, and then so suddenly, you wouldn’t know it happened, the room turned black.