- Text Size +
I woke up later to the sound of voices, two girls and a guy, I thought.

“Is she gonna be ok?” the guy asked.

“Do you have the number to 911,” one of the girls asked, “do you know how to call it?”

“Gosh Carrie, I’m not that stupid,” the other girl replied, “911.”

As I sort of regained my consciousness I realized that the people were Nick, Carrie, and Sauna. I wanted to fall in my black world again. There no one bugged me about Nick, or anything really. It was very peaceful there.

“I’ll go get the phone,” Sauna said.

“And I’ll run over to Mikka’s house if we don’t need an ambulance,” Carrie told them.

“I’ll go with you Carrie,” Sauna said.

“Right,” Carrie agreed, “we’ll be right back Nick.”

“Alright,” Nick replied.

I heard the door close, I knew it was all right to open my eyes now. I flickered them and when I opened them I saw Nick. I was shocked, he wasn’t standing like I thought he was, but he was sitting on the floor next to me.

“Nick?” I asked.

“I’m right here D,” Nick answered, “don’t worry.”

I nodded.

“What happened D?” Nick asked.

My head hurt badly, I didn’t exactly know what had happened to me, but I did know that it hurt.

“Don’t know do you?” Nick asked.

He had answered his own question.

“How did you get here?” I asked.

“I was on my way here and I met Sauna and Carrie,” Nick explained.

I nodded.

“Anyway,” Nick continued, “they followed me to your door and when we got here I knocked around 10 times and there was no answer.”

I nodded.

“So Carrie got all freaked out and grabbed the key from under the mat,” Nick finished, “and when we got in here you were on the floor unconscious.”

I nodded. At that point I tried to get up, but I fell backwards.

“Woah, easy,” Nick told me, then asked, “Do you remember anything that happened before you fainted?”

I tried to remember. I was thinking about something, well a lot of things. And I felt sick so I went to sit down and the room started spinning, and then everything went black.

“Do you D?” Nick asked again.

“Well, I was thinking about a lot,” I started.

“There’s a start,” Nick replied.

I smiled and continued, “And then I felt sick, so I went to sit on the couch.”

Nick nodded.

“But before I got there the room stated spinning, and then everything went black,” I finished, “And that’s all I can remember.”

“Yeah,” Nick agreed, “it looked like you fainted.”

I nodded.

“Do want any water or anything,” Nick asked, “can I get you anything?”

“I’d like to get off the floor,” I answered.

Nick then helped me on the couch and got me some water.

While I was drinking my water Nick asked, “What were you thinking about that made you faint?”

“About our relationship, how everybody’s glad we’re happy, but doesn’t want us to be together, and things like that,” I answered

“That’s a lot for one person to think about,” Nick replied.

I nodded.

“Tell you what,” Nick suggested, “how about from now on, you just worry about yourself, ok?”

I nodded.

“If there’s relationship problems like that, we’ll think about them together, ok?” Nick finished.

I nodded in agreement, I was too tired to argue. I think I fell asleep right after I nodded.

After I fell asleep Mikka, Carrie, and Sauna came.

“Oh my god Nick is she ok?” Carrie asked.

“Huh?” Nick asked startled, I guess he was falling asleep too.

“Is D ok?” Carrie asked again.

Nick nodded and answered, “Yeah, she’s fine.”

“Do I need to call 911?” Sauna asked franticly.

“No,” Nick answered, “D’s fine.”

“What do you need me to do then?” Mikka asked.

“Make sure that she’s ok,” Carrie answered, “that nothing’s wrong with her.”

Mikka nodded.

“So, do I need to call 911?” Sauna asked again.

Mikka shook her head.

“No,” Carrie told Sauna, “not yet.”

“Do you know what happened?” Mikka asked the three of them.

Carrie and Sauna shook their heads.

“Yeah,” Nick answered, “she had a lot on her mind, and I guess sometimes that can cause people to feel nauseous.”

“So, what you’re saying is that she fainted?” Mikka asked.

“Yeah, that’s pretty much how I see it,” Nick agreed.

“Is she hurt anywhere?” Mikka asked.

“I dunno,” Nick answered, “I never asked.”

Mikka slapped her head.

“Nick,” she replied, “that’s the first thing you ask after a victim has fallen unconscious.”

“I asked her what happened first,” Nick replied in disagreement, “then I tried to make her comfortable. I think that’s more important.”

“So she has a pulse, and she’s breathing?” Mikka asked.

“Yeah,” Nick answered, “she woke up.”

Mikka nodded.

“So I don’t need to call 911?” Sauna asked.

“No,” Mikka replied, “but you could check the floor to see if anything’s on it.”

“There’s nothing,” Carrie answered, “the floor’s spotless.”

“Then everything should be fine,” Mikka told them.

Nick nodded.

“If there’s any problems later you just let me know,” Mikka explained, “I’ll be at home.”

Then Mikka walked out the door.

“We’d better be going too Nick,” Sauna agreed, “my mom’s probably gonna ground me. I’m so late.”

Then Sauna raced out the door.

“Wait up Sauna!” Carrie called after her, running out the door as she said it.