- Text Size +
I woke up much later, I think. I was still on my couch and Nick was still there, sleeping like a little angel. He must’ve been pretty tired after what happened. I started to get up and Nick stirred. It was a warm October day, actually by the time on the clock I guess it was turning into a warm October night.

It was around dinnertime. I imagined Sauna sitting at the table with her family and Carrie doing the same. And Mikka sitting down with her family and Phanny. It would be time for me to do the same, but I was at a loss of what to make. I couldn‘t make warm food, it was too warm out for that. The pizza was gone and I didn’t want to order more. I was at a loss of food in my cabinets, except for Mac & Cheese, I guess that’d have to do.

About a half-hour later Nick came in the kitchen.

“I couldn’t help but wonder if you were cooking something,” Nick told me.

His eyes sparkled as he said it. It’s amazing what sleep does to people, maybe that nervous wreck Hannie should get more.

“Of course Nick,” I replied, “what’d you think I was doing?”

Nick shrugged.

“I hope you don’t mind,” I explained, “it’s all I have.”

“Nope,” Nick agreed, “it’s fine.”

We sat in the kitchen with our food and talked.

“Well that was a wild day,” Nick commented.

I was about to respond when the phone rang.

“I’ll go get that,” I told Nick.

When I got to the phone I picked it up.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hi D!” Sauna exclaimed.

“What do you want Sauna?” I asked.

“It’s ok everyone,” Sauna yelled, “D’s ok!”

I heard cheering in the background.

“Listen D…” Sauna started.

I hung up before she finished, so I have no idea what she was going to say. Then I walked back to the kitchen.

“Who was it?” Nick asked.

I thought about it for a moment, then answered, “Solicitors.”

“Oh I hate them,” Nick replied with a scowl.

“Me too,” I agreed.

We sat back down to our dinner.

“What were you going to say before the phone rang?” Nick asked.

“I was just going to agree with you,” I answered.

“I know,” Nick replied, “cuz I’m always right.”

I laughed at his comment and dumped macaroni on his head.

Then we both laughed.

“Oh, Bri’s gonna love me when I get back to the hotel,” Nick commented.

“Why?” I asked.

“Cuz I smell like Mac & Cheese now,” Nick answered.

“Do you wanna wash it out or something?” I asked.

“That’d be nice,” Nick agreed.

We laughed again.

Nick ran up the stairs to the bathroom. He’d be surprised to find out that he would not only have to wash the smell out, but some macaroni and cheese too.

“Is it out?” Nick asked when he came back down.

I shook my head.

Nick moaned and sank down to the floor.

“You could have Brian pick it out for you,” I suggested, and laughed at my own joke.

Nick looked up at me, and he looked as though he were going to hit me. I cringed inside and jumped backward.

“What?” Nick asked.

“Nothing,” I answered.

Nick then got up and patiently tried to take the macaroni out of his hair. It was pretty funny thinking that if Brian were anywhere near he’d probably come over and eat the macaroni, right out of Nick’s hair. I quietly giggled.

“Awww,” Nick whined, “I think I’d better go.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Gotta get ready for the concert,” Nick answered.

“But it’s not ‘till…” I started.

“I know it’s not ‘till tomorrow,” Nick interrupted me.

Why would they need to prepare for something that wasn’t until the next day, I wondered.

“We have to do some things with the venue and stuff,” Nick told me, “that’s what we have to do.”

I gasped. It was like he’d read my mind, like he knew what I was thinking.

“No, I don’t know what women want,” Nick joked.

Yet again, being the mind reader.

“How did you do that,” I asked, “how’d ya do that both times.”

“Well, the first time I figured you wanted to know why we were going today when the show wasn’t until tomorrow,” Nick answered.

“And?” I asked.

“And the second time you gasped, so I figured that’s what you were thinking, so I joked about it.”

I nodded.

“Well, I’ll see you later,” Nick told me.

I waved.

What he had said made sense to me, I mean it probably was obvious to what I was thinking. But what if he really could read my mind? That’d be just a little freaky.

As Nick left he called behind him, “I seriously don’t know what women want.”

I laughed and waved see you later to him.

Nick waved back as he hopped into his car and drove away.