- Text Size +
It was the next day and I had to get ready for the concert. I didn’t know what to wear, because now I wasn’t just going as a BSB fan. I had too much to prepare, and then there was Mikka’s advice, “Don’t do anything too stressful, we don’t want that to happen again.” But, I seriously needed something to wear, I’d just wear my pants and a shirt, I guess.

Sometime around six I had to go pick up Carrie. But it would be just me picking her up, not Nick and I. But until I went to pick Carrie up I’d be board to death, there is seriously nothing to do in my house. I can’t write in my diary, it’s perfectly up to date. I can’t clean house, it’s already clean. I can’t call Nick, he’s probably already busy with venue and concert stuff.

Just as I was thinking that, the phone rang.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey D, what’s up?” Nick asked.

“Not much,” I replied, “where are you?”

“Well, the street starts with a K and it’s near a park,” Nick answered.

“You’re near my house!” I exclaimed.

“Good job!” Nick exclaimed.

“Don’t you have to be at the venue?” I asked.

“Naw,” Nick answered, “not for a couple more hours.”

“But that’s still only at five,” I questioned.

“I know,” Nick replied.

“But the concert doesn’t start until seven,” I disagreed, “and I don’t pick Carrie up until six.”

“And your point is?” Nick asked.

“It’s early,” I answered.

“Not really,” Nick replied, “We gotta make sure everything’s working right, then we gotta make sure everything is accessible, and then we gotta make sure all our costumes are there…”

And then Nick listed a whole bunch of other things that were necessary before the concert took place.

“Oh,” Nick realized, “I’m outside your house now, I’ll see you in a second, bye.”

Then Nick hung up. I looked out the window to make sure that he was really there. He was. I ran down the stairs and opened the door before Nick even knocked.

“Nice timing.” Nick commented.

I smiled.

“So, why are you here?” I asked.

“I came to pick you up,” Nick answered, “why else would I be here?”

“I dunno,” I replied.

Nick nodded.

“So, how’d the macaroni incident go over?” I asked.

Nick laughed, then replied, “Actually it was pretty funny.”

“Oh really?” I asked.

“Yeah, I walked in and you should’ve seen Brian, he was smelling everywhere and then he said ‘Who brought Mac & Cheese,’” Nick told me, “It was the funniest thing on earth.”

“Wouldn’t he know it was you though?” I asked.

“No he was the first one there,” Nick answered, “the rest of the guys came in before me.”

“So how come he didn’t know it was you?” I asked again.

“Ok Kevin, Howie, AJ, and our stage manager all came in before me.” Nick explained.

“So he could smell it all the way down the hall?” I asked.

Nick nodded.

“Ewwwww!” I exclaimed.

Then we both laughed.

“Yeah, I know,” Nick agreed, “weird isn’t it?”

“No kidding,” I agreed, then asked, “What did he do?”

“He called all the other guys and our stage manager over and he smelled around them, and he was so upset when none of them had it,” Nick answered, “then I picked the perfect moment to come in…”

“Did he know it was you?” I asked.

“Oh yeah,” Nick exclaimed, “when I walked in he ran over to me and jumped up and down asking ‘Did you bring me Mac & Cheese, did you bring me Mac & Cheese,’ and I shook my head, he looked pretty upset…”

“Did he look in your hair?” I asked.

“Not intentionally, but he thought maybe someone was bringing it, so he looked above my head, and then he looked down and he saw the macaroni,” Nick answered, “then he picked out every piece and ate it, he looked like a monkey.”

We laughed.

“Later Howie asked me what happened, and I told him that you dumped macaroni on my head,” Nick explained, “he wouldn’t stop laughing at me for some reason.”

I smiled.

“So D,” Nick asked, “what do you wanna do?”

“I dunno,” I replied.

“Maybe we could go to the creek,” Nick suggested.

“Alright, just let me get dressed,” I replied.

“But you are dressed,” Nick said confused.

“Yeah, but not for the concert,” I replied.

“You look fine,” Nick told me.

“No I don’t, I don’t look fine,” I disagreed, “this shirt doesn’t match these pants, my hair’s a mess, I can’t find my shoes…”

“Maybe I could help you,” Nick suggested.

“Ok,” I replied.

We started walking up the stairs.

When we got to my room Nick asked, “So you wanna wear the pants?”

I nodded.

“Um, ok, where do you keep your shirts?” Nick asked.

“In the third drawer,” I answered.

Nick started pawing through the drawer and tossing things out, my room looked worse then it did when I tried to decide what to wear. After about ten minutes Nick had thrown out at least thirty shirts, if not more.

“Any of those would be fine,” Nick told me.

I looked at all the shirts and asked, “So which one am I supposed to wear?”

“Whatever one you want to,” Nick answered.

I looked at all the shirts, then I looked at Nick.

“Ok, what color are your pants?” Nick asked.

“Kaki,” I replied.

“So what color do you usually wear with them?” Nick asked.

“Usually black, white, blue, or green.” I answered.

Nick then sorted through his pile of shirts. And when he finished there was amazingly only five shirts left, two black ones, two white ones, and a blue one.

“What do you think?” Nick asked.

“Bravo,” I answered, “but are there any you would suggest not wearing?”

“Yeah,” Nick replied, “I wouldn’t wear the black ones, because you could get over-heated with the lights and all the people.”

“Ok,” I agreed.

Nick then put the two black shirts away. Then we had to eliminate either two white shirts or a blue shirt and a white shirt.

“Would you say white or blue?” I asked Nick.

“I would personally go with blue, because it’s the color of the ocean and it’s a color, where as white is a shade, but that’s just me.”

I nodded and picked up the blue shirt.

“Thanks Nick, you’re good at this,” I told him.

“You’re welcome,” Nick replied, then added, “I know a lot more things like this also, being friends with AJ helps me learn these things.”

I smiled.

After I got my shirt on, Nick kindly helped me find my shoes. Then he patiently waited while I put my hair into a ponytail and brushed my teeth.

“You look nice,” Nick commented when I was finished.

I smiled.

We started walking down the stairs. When we got to the door I stopped to grab my car keys.

“What are those for?” Nick asked.

“So I can pick up Carrie and get to the concert,” I answered.

“Don’t bother,” Nick replied, “I brought my car.”

“You mean, you’ll let me and Carrie in it?” I asked.

“Of course,” Nick answered, “I love you, and Carrie’s your friend, of course I’ll let you two in.”

I smiled and put my car keys down. As we left I locked the door.

“This is such a cool car!” I exclaimed.

“All Durangos are,” Nick agreed.

We then got in the car and drove to the creek.