- Text Size +
As we were driving to the venue, the other Boys seemed to be having an argument about Nick’s whereabouts.

“Where is that slacker?” AJ asked as he was rising Brian and Howie up for what would be the performance of How Did I Fall In Love With You.

“I dunno,” Kevin said as he checked the piano.

“Think he’s off chasing after that club girl?” AJ asked.

“Probably not,” Brian answered.

“Why would you say that?” AJ questioned.

“Oh I have my reasons,” Brian said as he smiled at Howie.

“I wonder what Mikka’s doing?” Howie asked Brian.

“Who is Mikka?” AJ asked.

“You know, Mikka,” Howie answered.

“No really who is she?” AJ asked again.

“Never mind!” Howie answered haughtily.

Kevin laughed.

“So Brian,” Howie asked, “what do you think Mikka is doing?”

“Probably moping because Carrie’s going to this concert and Phanny’s going to the next one, and she’s not going to either,” Brian answered.

Kevin nodded.

“Who is Phanny?” AJ asked (pronouncing it like Fanny).

Howie shook his head.

“It’s Phanny!” Kevin yelled.

“Yeah, I wonder what Amy is doing,” Brian added in agreement.

“Or Jojo,” Kevin added.

“Or April,” Howie continued.

“Or Katy,” Kevin added, “just for AJ.”

“Oh, oh,” Howie exclaimed, “or what about Sauna.”

“Or Phanny,” Kevin added, “also just for AJ.”

“Oh,” Brian exclaimed, “what about Carrie.”

“Or Kimmy,” Howie added excitedly.

“Oh,” Kevin continued, “then there’s Roxy, Regan, Lleigh, Kristin, Cassie, Michelle, and Jessie.”

“Who are all these people?” AJ asked.

“Don’t you know them?” Kevin returned.

“Not that I know of,” AJ answered.

He then stared at Kevin with a glare.

Howie noticed the uncomfortable tone and changed the subject, well actually continued listing people.

“And what about Deanna?” Howie asked.

“Oh that wonderful girl,” Brian added.

Um ok, before things get ugly I might as well introduce the four people who have been mentioned, but not already introduced. Amy, also know as Ames or the tiger, is one of are very wonderful club members. She’s real great. She shares a close relationship with Cassie and our friend Stephy. Jojo, the oldest member of our club, likes U2, BSB, and Savage Garden. She sometimes disagrees with the fact that I am president, because she is older. Hey back off girly, just kidding. April is a wonderfully nice person who likes Howie, but thinks that she’s gonna marry Tom Cruise. Hey I thought Tom was married? Whatever, she could make Tom into a very good man. I’m kidding, he’s not that bad. Katy, also called Puff, is the other resident AJ fan, sure there’s tons, just not in the club. She is nice, just like the lot of them. Well, except Hannie. I’m kidding Hannie. Anyway. Katy is great! Ok, now back to things getting ugly…

“Wonderful?” AJ asked.

Brian then realized what he had said and clapped his hand over his mouth.

AJ stopped rising up the stage and asked, “How do you know she’s wonderful?”

“Uhhh…” Brian stammered.

“Howie, Kevin, how does Brian know this?” AJ asked.

“Why are you asking us?” Kevin asked.

“You two seem to be more informed then me,” AJ answered.

“So what are you asking us?” Howie asked.

“What does Brian know?” AJ asked.

Howie then looked at Kevin, and Kevin looked back at Howie. Then together they both looked at Brian. However none of them answered.

“Forget it guys,” AJ said as he stormed off.

After AJ walked off we came in singing Rollin’ by Limp Bizkit.

“So Nick,” I asked, “you can sing, but can you drive?”

Nick stopped and thought about it for a moment then answered, “Obviously not because there’s a dent in someone’s car out front.”

“Is there really?” Carrie asked sounding shocked.

“No,” Nick answered, “if there was you would’ve felt it, because you were in the back.”

Carrie nodded.

“Hey guys wassup!” Nick yelled as we entered the arena.

“Well, if we’re being technical…” Howie started.

“We are,” Brian exclaimed sounding very frightened, “get us down!”

“Uh, Brian buddy,” Nick started, “you know I would, but the problem is…”

“Is what, what?” Howie asked.

“I don’t know how to work the controls,” Nick finished.

“Great,” Brian exclaimed, “are you meaning to tell me that we’re stuck up here!”

“You mean both you and Kevin don’t know how to work the controls?” Howie asked.

“And the stage hands don’t come for another fifteen minutes!” Brian yelled.

I then went over the controls. When I got there I said, “Hold it guys, this can’t be too hard, all I do is pull the lever, right?”

“Yeah,” Howie answered, “how did you know?”

“When my dad was a stage hand I got dragged there a lot and most things that raised up were operated by a lever. The sound for headphones, is operated by sound keys. Things that come down from the ceiling are usually operated by pulleys. And things that fly across the audience are operated by buttons that cause the electrical wire to pull them forward,” I answered.

“How, how did you know all that?” Brian asked.

“I told you my dad was a stage hand,” I answered.
Brian nodded.

“So how many different things raise up?” I asked.

“The center part of the stage,” Brian answered, “and some other parts.”

I nodded.

“Just experiment with levers,” Howie suggested.

I quickly pulled the first lever I saw then asked, “What moved?”

“Another part of the stage,” Brian answered.

After moving the other piece of the stage back up I looked at the levers. I noticed that there were several levers around a middle lever, then I remembered what Brian had said about center stage, and then some other parts.

“Hang on guys,” I announced, “I think I found our lever.”

Then I jerked down on the lever.

“Howie, we’re moving,” Brian commented then said again with more excitement, “Howie we’re moving!”

“Yes we are!” Howie exclaimed.

“When are we going to stop moving?” Brian asked.

“I think it will be level with the rest of the stage when it hits the yellow line,” I answered.

“What yellow line?” Brian asked after looking for a yellow line.

“Over here on the control panel,” I answered, “not on the stage.

Howie nodded.

“Almost there guys?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Howie answered.

“Yeah, I was right,” I agreed, “the yellow line is where it’s level with the stage.”

When the lever reached the yellow line I stopped, then Brian and Howie ran down to where I was.

“Bless your soul!” Brian exclaimed.

“Yeah,” Howie agreed, “we thought we’d be stuck up there.”

“Thank god somebody knew how to get them down.” Kevin agreed.

“Wow Tac that was great!” Carrie exclaimed.

“Hey Nick,” Brian suggested, “maybe we should let her, you know…”

Nick nodded.

“Oh that’s cool!” Howie exclaimed.

“D,” Nick said, “we want you to do the controls tonight.”

“Are you serious, me?” I asked.

“No way!” Carrie exclaimed.

“Why not?” Kevin asked.

“She’ll miss the concert,” Carrie argued.

“No,” Nick replied, “just during the beginning of the show.”

“Then what would she get to do?” Carrie asked.

“A lot,” Nick answered.

“Like what?” Carrie questioned.

“D would get to fly us out, set the sound mixes we each hear, and start the fire, which is the coolest part,” Nick answered.

I laughed. Yeah, all boys think the fire is the coolest part.