- Text Size +
As Nick and I were fighting Carrie was getting worried.

“They’re taking forever mom,” Carrie said impatiently.

“When people go to talk about things it usually takes them a while,” Carrie’s mom told her.

Then Carrie saw Nick out of the window and jumped up.

“They’re back!” She exclaimed.

Carrie went outside to meet us.

“Hi Nick!” She yelled.

“What do you want?” Nick asked as he turned to Carrie.

As he looked at her Carrie saw that Nick’s eyes and cheeks were red.

“Nick what’s wrong?” Carrie asked.

“I asked you a question first,” Nick told her, “tell me that, then I’ll answer yours.”

“I was just saying hi,” Carrie told him, “where are you and D going now?”

“We are going no where, I’m going back to the hotel.” Nick answered.

“You never did say what was wrong,” Carrie pointed out.

“Nothing that matters to you,” Nick told her.

Nick then started the car. Carrie sort of realized what was going on, so she turned the key and pulled it out of the ignition.

“Nick, you’re staying here until you and D make up,” Carrie ordered.

“No I’m not!” Nick yelled trying to grab back his car keys in the process.

“Yes, you are,” Carrie told Nick, putting the keys behind her back where he couldn’t reach them.

“Fine,” Nick finally said.

“I need to go get D,” Carrie told Nick, “I’ll be back.”

Carrie then left to get me. When she got to me, I was still crying on the corner.

I suddenly realized that there was a hand on my shoulder. I quickly looked up hoping that it was Nick, however I was quickly saddened because it was Carrie.

“What’s wrong D?” She asked.

“Nothing,” I said.

“Do you want to go talk to Nick?” Carrie asked.

“No,” I answered.

“Well, he’s waiting for you,” Carrie replied.

“No, he’s mad at me,” I told her.

“But he’s waiting,” Carrie repeated.

“Well, don’t make him,” I told her, “Let him go.”

Carrie nodded. As sad as she was for me, she still did what I asked her to.

I got up and followed behind her. We walked down all the blocks to where Nick’s car was. I, however, hung back so he wouldn’t fight with me. I knew that he was hurt by this, and that the tough man on the outside wasn’t real.

“Here are your keys Nick,” Carrie told him.

Nick grabbed the keys and started his car. After waiting a minute he drove off.

“C’mon D,” Carrie told me, “we gotta let him know that you wanna go.”