- Text Size +
The next morning, before Nick and I woke up, the other Backstreet Boys were all awake, and bustling about, actually, they were fighting again.

“Let’s order up eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, toast, and pancakes,” Brian suggested.

“No,” Kevin argued, “let’s go down to the dining area.”

“No guys,” AJ argued with both of them, “we gotta go get Mac Daddy’s!”

“C’mon guys,” Howie tried to settle it, “you know we have to go get Chinese food.”

“Chinese?” Brian asked.

“In the morning?” AJ finished.

“Hold it guys,” Kevin suggested, “let’s go ask Nick.”

Howie nodded and went to Nick’s bedroom. He opened the door and discovered the bed was made and there was no one around. Howie then turned out to the other guys. His expression was scared.

“What’s wrong Howie?” AJ asked.

“Guys, Nick’s not in there,” Howie said worriedly.

“There’s a logical way to solve this.” Kevin stated, starting to freak out.

“Tonight’s our show,” AJ exclaimed, “where could he have gone?”

“Alright,” Brian started giving orders, “AJ you look in here, Howie you look in his room, Kevin you go around outside, and I’ll ask the front desk.”

“Wait, what was he doing last night, could that tell us something?” AJ asked.

Everyone was silent.

“Deanna was over here,” Howie admitted, “maybe he’s over there.”

Everyone was silent again. AJ looked like he was going to blow his top.

“I doubt it,” Brian said calming things down, “let’s just go with the previous plan.”

Everyone nodded.

Brian and Kevin then left for downstairs and Howie went in Nick’s room. AJ was left in the living room to look for any sign of him.

AJ began looking in the kitchen and everywhere. He was finally exhausted by looking and went to go sit on the couch. When he went to sit down he felt a lump and looked at the end of the couch. There were Nick and my heads touching each other gently, like we were sharing a beautiful dream. AJ then surveyed the rest of the couch for our position. He noticed that Nick’s arms were around me, holding me in place. AJ then realized what had been going on all the while and he didn’t know. AJ then got up and an alarmed Brian and Kevin came running in, as well as Howie.

“They haven’t seen any person like him,” Kevin said.

“His window isn’t even opened!” Howie exclaimed.

“What are we…” Brian started.

“Shhh,” AJ interrupted and pointed to the couch.

“Ok AJ,” Howie replied sarcastically, “I understand that the couch is sleeping. Sorry.”

AJ shook his head and motioned them to come over. When they did, they saw what he had already seen.

“He was here the whole time,” Kevin realized.

“You were right Howie,” Brian acknowledged, “she was here.”

“I told you so,” Howie replied.

“You guys knew, didn’t you?” AJ asked.

“Knew what?” Kevin returned.

“That they’re going out,” AJ answered.

“How did you…” Brian started.

“C’mon it’s obvious!” AJ exclaimed.

“Yeah, we knew,” Howie told AJ.

“How did you find out?” AJ asked.

“Kevin and I found out by accident,” Howie answered, “Nick told Brian.”

AJ nodded then said, “I’m going to get Nick back for this.”

What he was going to do, I didn’t know. Actually I didn’t know any of this was happening, because not only was I near Nick with skewed senses, but I was also asleep.