- Text Size +
After Nick and I woke up the other Boys were enjoying breakfast and AJ was out of the room, as planned by the other Boys.

“Hey Nick!” Brian exclaimed.

“Hey,” Nick replied.

“Want some breakfast?” Kevin asked, holding up a plate.

“Yeah, do ya,” Howie agreed, “even though Kevin couldn’t make one of his omelets, which is sad.”

“Yeah, it is,” Brian agreed.

“No thanks guys, I got a big day ahead of me,” Nick answered.

“What are you gonna do?” Kevin asked.

“Stuff,” Nick answered.

“What stuff?” Brian asked.

“I dunno, maybe go down to the creek,” Nick answered, “just stuff like that.”

Brian nodded.

“I’ll see you guys later,” Nick told them, “bye.”

We then left to go do whatever we wanted. But back in the hotel room things were different.

“What’s ‘the creek’?” AJ asked.

“Maybe it’s like the levy in American Pie,” Howie suggested.

“Wait, Hannah was talking about it once,” Kevin remembered, “it’s by her house.”

AJ nodded then asked, “When do you think they’ll be there?”

“Just wait and see,” Brian answered.

AJ nodded, then left to go find the creek.

Sometime around four Nick and I were lying on our backs staring at the sky. It was a warm October day, which is unnatural in Colorado.

“Look, that one looks like a car,” Nick said pointing to the sky.

“That one looks like a ballerina,” I pointed out.

“That one looks like us kissing,” Nick commented.

“I can’t see it,” I said, squinting because the sun was in my eyes.

“Come over here,” Nick told me.

I then pushed my self backward and lay down on Nick’s stomach.

“Oh it does,” I agreed.

Nick smiled and started playing the ha, ha game. I giggled and made us start over. Little did we know that AJ was coming.

“Nick!” We heard someone yell.

“Oh no!” Nick exclaimed.

“What?” I asked.

“I think AJ found out,” Nick answered.

“What!?!” I asked.

“D,” Nick told me, “get up and run. Don’t look back, run as far as you can and don’t look back.”

“But what about you?” I asked.

“Just go, I’ll be fine,” Nick told me.

Nick then pushed me up and I started to run.

I ran without looking back for the first few seconds then I stopped and looked back. I saw AJ standing before Nick and he was grabbing his shirt collar. I stopped and started walking forward to take Nick with me. Nick then noticed that I was walking towards him.

“D, run” Nick yelled, “Don’t look back just run!”

I knew that I should listen to him, because he knew AJ better then I did. I ran and ran back to my house where I was safe. But little did I know what was happening back at the creek.

“Nick what do you think you were doing?” AJ asked Nick in an angry tone.

“None of your business,” Nick told him.

“Is this some kind of levy?” AJ asked.

“No, no cars,” Nick answered.

“Don’t be a smart ass with me!” AJ yelled.

Nick shrugged.

“Look, it’s not the girl I mind, it’s the way the newspapers were putting us into a corner,” AJ told Nick.

“What corner,” Nick asked, “I don’t see a corner.”

AJ shook his head then answered, “Either we go meet them and be nice or we don’t and we’re mean.”

“Not my fault,” Nick replied.

“You’re right, it’s not your fault,” AJ agreed, “but lying is.”

Nick gave him an expression that was shocked, like ‘I lied, what?’

“It’s not that I mind you going out, you two are a cute couple,” AJ told Nick, “It’s that you didn’t tell me, it seems like you thought I’d do something to her.”

“Yeah, I thought you’d kill her cuz she’s in the club!” Nick yelled.

“I’m not a murderer!” AJ yelled back.

“So what do you want with her,” Nick asked, “why did you come here?”

“I don’t want anything with her,” AJ answered, “I came here to get back at you.”

“So what do you want with me?” Nick asked.

“I just want to let you know that I don’t care that you’re going out with her,” AJ started.

“Ok, thanks,” Nick replied, “I’ll be going now.”

“Not so fast,” AJ told Nick grabbing his shoulder.

“What now?” Nick asked.

“But I do care that you lied to me and told the other guys,” AJ finished.

“That’s not true,” Nick argued, “I only told Brian.”

“Don’t argue with me,” AJ replied, “all I know is that they knew and I didn’t.”

“So what are you going to do to me?” Nick asked.

“I’m going to make you remember not to lie to me ever again,” AJ started.

“Ok,” Nick replied.

“If you feel you can tell the other guys, then you can tell me,” AJ finished.

“So what are you going to…” Nick started.

AJ then punched Nick in the face. Nick was taken aback but knew things would get worse if he started a fight. So he turned to leave.

“Bye AJ,” He said as he left.

“Have fun with Deanna,” AJ replied, “see ya at the concert tonight.”

Nick then realized the concert was tonight. He was quickly saddened because the fans would have to see him with a black eye, at least in the worst case scenario.