- Text Size +
“Yeah Tic?” I asked.

“Where are you going,” Carrie asked, “maybe we could walk together.”

“I’m going back to my house, and you?” I replied.

“Awwww,” Carrie whined, “I’m going to a baby-sitting job the other way.”

“That’s not good,” I replied.

“No,” Carrie agreed.

When we reached the split in Hannie’s driveway we hugged each other.

“See you later Tic,” I said.

“See ya later Tac,” Carrie replied.

We then went our separate ways.

I was riding my bike and I saw Sarah.

“Sarah!” I yelled.

“D!” She called and ran over to me and my bike.

“How are you?” I asked.

“As good as I always am, of course,” Sarah replied.

We laughed.

“How are you and your music club?” she asked.

“As good as they’ll ever be,” I replied.

“Bet you’re going to the Backstreet Boys concert via the club,” she said.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“I’m going to Kelly’s house,” Sarah told me, “wanna come?”

“No,” I replied, “I have to go home and do some stuff.”

“Oh okies,” Sarah replied.

We walked together for three blocks because Kelly’s house is that way.

“Oh, I gotta turn here D, see you later,” Sarah said.

“See you later,” I replied.

I kept riding my bike home. On the way I scared all the dogs in the park and by the time I got home it was time for dinner.

After a fast dinner I went up to my room and wrote up next week’s meeting agenda on my agenda pad and set it on my desk to take to Hannie’s on Monday. After that I sat and looked out my window and thought about the Backstreet Boys almost in my state thinking of the show. And I thought of Nick, my very favorite Backstreet Boy. The one I love, the one I think about, the one I dream about kissing goodnight, being here. It brought me to tears thinking of what I couldn’t have that I wanted. I wiped my tears and opened the window and looked out into the clear blue sky and started singing a song by the Spice Girls.

“Candle light and soul forever,” I sang. My voice quavered with tears but I held it in.

“A dream of you and me together.” Tears streamed down my face with my wishing, wanting of Nick. This made me so sad to think of how I couldn’t have him.

“Say you believe it, say you believe it.” After only the third line I broke down and stopped. I decided to email Hannie about the next meeting and the Backstreet Boys concert.