- Text Size +
In another part of Colorado is the Backstreet Boys tour bus.

We enter on AJ reading a paper, Brian getting a snack from the kitchen, Howie writing a letter, Kevin waiting for Nick to stop hogging the TV, and Nick playing video games.

“Nick will you stop your Playstation so we can watch a movie!” Kevin exclaimed.

“I have one more level and I finish the game,” Nick informed them sounding sortta tranced.

“Nick, get off!” Kevin exclaimed.

“Come back here you devil demon!” Nick yelled.

His eyes followed the screen back and forth as he followed the bad guys.

“Nick,” Kevin yelled, “Nick!”

Nick didn’t even notice Kevin, his eyes were still going back and forth over and over again.

“Give it up Kevin, he’s not gonna pay attention to you,” Howie told Kevin.

“How do you know?” Kevin asked.

“He’s been playing all day,” Howie continued, “he’s tranced.”

“So,” Kevin argued.

“Well, not that it’s funny or anything,” Howie added, “but if his eyes keep going back and forth they might roll back into his head.”

“They actually might Howie,” Brian agreed as he stepped back into the room with an apple.

Out of no where AJ yelled, “If I hear one more thing about this friggen club I’m gonna be so pissed off!”

“What club AJ?” Howie asked.

“This one, they operate in Colorado,” AJ replied handing Howie the article.

Howie read part of the article.

“See what I mean Howie?” AJ asked.

“No,” Howie replied, “I don’t get what you find so bad about…”

Howie was then interrupted by the TV saying, “Congratulations, you won!”

“Hey cool!” Nick exclaimed.

Howie and Kevin looked at each other and then at AJ and Brian wondering who said that. Then they looked at the floor where Nick was and Nick turned around.

“Isn’t that cool, I won,” Nick asked, “what article are you reading?”

“….this club,” Howie finished.

“You should read it out loud, it would be like a bedtime story,” Nick suggested.

Howie looked at Nick strangely, but read anyway.
After Howie finished AJ asked, “Do you see what I mean?”

“So they mention our name,” Brian told him, “why does that matter?”

“Because they want us to go and visit them, or we won’t be nice like all the other groups, including NSYNC,” AJ explained.

“They are world famous AJ,” Kevin added, “maybe we should.”

AJ shook his head.

“It would be nice of us,” Brian agreed, “a lot of those girls like us.”

“Yeah,” Howie nodded, “I mean it’s like turning down our fans an opportunity not many of them will get and this would mean a lot to them.”

“Guys, I’m serious,” AJ said.

“Well, we know what you think, and we all think we should,” Brian stated, “But what do you think Nick?”

“I like the girl, the one who runs it. She seems nice and I bet she’s cute. I’d like to meet her. I think we should,” Nick replied.

“She’s that one Nick,” Howie pointed me out in the picture of the club accompanying the article.

“Yeah,” Nick replied, “I’m all for meeting them.”

“What happened to 'I wouldn't date a fan', Nick?” AJ asked.

“Who said anything about dating?” Nick asked.

“You sound like you’re talking about it,” AJ replied.

“No,” Nick argued, “she’s a fan see her shirt?”

“Oh look how cute!” Howie exclaimed.

“What?” Brian asked.

“Her and the girl next to her must be best friends,” Howie noted.

“Why?” Brian asked.

“The head girl’s…”

“Look her name is Deanna,” Kevin pointed out.

“That’s a lot easier,” Brian replied, “Now you know her name Nick.”

Nick blushed a little.

“But who’s the girl next to her?” Howie asked.

“Carrie,” Kevin answered.

“Thanks Kevin,” Howie replied.

“You’re welcome,” Kevin answered.

“Ok, Carrie’s shirt says ‘Tic, property of Frick’ and Deanna’s shirt says ‘Tac, property of Frack,” Howie finished.

“That’s so cute,” Brian exclaimed.

“Yeah,” Kevin agreed.

“I guess that girl belongs to you Nick,” AJ noted.

Nick blushed again.

“Stop it AJ,” Brian ordered, “you’re making Nick turn pink.”

Brian, Kevin, AJ, and Howie laughed while Nick turned hot pink and hurried out of the room and hid in his cubby hole. While Nick was there he looked out the window and saw a star.

“Star light, star bright, can I have a wish tonight?” Nick asked the sky.

“I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight,” Nick continued.

Then in a whisper Nick wished, “I wish this Deanna girl was at her window right now.”

Back on my side of Colorado I was re-entering my room. When I walked in I saw my window opened and a star shining very bright. I walked over and talked to the sky as did Nick on the other side of Colorado.

“Star light, star bright, can I have a wish tonight?” I asked the sky.

“I wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight,” I finished.

“I wish the Backstreet Boys would come and meet us,” I whispered.

Back on Nick’s side of Colorado he was wishing again.

“Star light, star bright, there’s another wish I wish tonight,” Nick started.

“I wish I may and wish I might give this girl this wish tonight,” Nick finished.

“I wish that Deanna knows I’m loving her tonight,” Nick whispered, then blew a kiss to the sky just for me.

I didn’t know about Nick’s kiss for me, but I wish I had. I went to bed and turned out the lights.

Nick looked out his window, and saw the star appeared fainter then it was before.

“Thank you star,” Nick told the little star, “We will come and meet Deanna and her club, that’s a promise.”

Then Nick lay down and went to sleep. The star, our star, flickered and then disappeared from the sky.