- Text Size +
That day at 3:30, the other Backstreet Boys came over. What did Nick and I do all day? C’mon, I mean a star’s gotta have some secrets. When the Boy’s came over and saw Nick there, you should have seen the look on AJ’s face.

“Why are you already here Nick?” AJ asked.

What was Nick’s excuse? It had something to do with “being in the neighborhood.”

“I was in the neighborhood,” Nick replied, “so I decided to come over.”

Brian, Howie, and Kevin smiled because they knew the truth.

After that we left for the meeting, in the big, black bus. When we got there I immediately showed them the way to the clubhouse.

“First we jump over the fence,” I explained.

Then I tried jumping over the fence. Usually I can make it over, but today my leap didn’t carry me far enough and I couldn’t get over. Nick then jumped over and took my hand to help me over. It’s a good thing he helped me, otherwise I would’ve fallen on my face.

Then I took them over the river, actually it was more through, because Nick discovered something and Brian was being an idiot.

Nick and I were walking ahead of everyone so we reached the river first.

“Look D,” Nick exclaimed, “there’s rocks. Let’s walk over on them.”

I never noticed the rocks because I usually walk through the river.

So Nick and I walked on the rocks. Nick helped me all the way because I was being a klutz and kept falling off.

On the other side of the river was Brian being a nut.

“Look everyone I’m Richard Simmons!” Brian yelled.

AJ looked at Brian like he was nuts.

“Look I’m a magical pony!” Brian exclaimed and he galloped across the water.

Kevin and Howie thought it would be fun and galloped after Brian. AJ just mumbled to himself and walked across.

When we reached the clubhouse I noticed that Hannie had put up the window coverings. I smiled. Then I looked over and Nick was tiptoeing to the door.

“What are you doing Nick?” I asked rather loudly.

“Shhh,” Nick exclaimed, “The house is sleeping.”

I smiled. You must have thought that he thought the window shades were eyes, but of course, as always, he was joking.

When we walked in the door of the clubhouse the first thing Nick noticed was the food.

“Food!” Nick exclaimed.

I shook my head.

“Nick,” I replied, “I just fed you!”

“So,” Nick argued.

“You just ate,” I replied.

“But look,” Nick sweet talked, “the fishes have little happy faces.”

I shook my head once more, but I replied anyway.

“Alright Nick,” I replied, “you can eat the fishes.”

“Yeah!” Nick cheered.

He then kissed me on the cheek.

“This fish is named Nick,” Nick told me, “and this one is Deanna.”

“I thought you were Nick and I was Deanna.” I replied.

“No,” Nick informed me, “I am I and you are I2.”

I looked at him funny. Nick just smiled and continued his story.

“And they really love each other,” Nick continued.

He made the fish kiss each other. I laughed.

“One day they went swimming and ended up in my stomach,” Nick finished, eating the fish.

“Oh no!” I replied.

“It’s ok,” Nick assured me, “They’re together, so they’re happy.”

I smiled. Then Brian walked in.

“And this is Brian,” Nick told everyone. He held up a grape.

“I’m a grape?” Brian asked.

“No, you’re I3, Brian is a grape,” Nick answered, “and he’s a happy grape, because he has a wife and a daughter.”

Nick held up two other grapes, then threw them at Brian.

“Catch I3,” Nick yelled, “You don’t want everyone to fall.”

Brian caught all three grapes in his hands and ate them. Next, Howie walked in.

“And this is Howie,” Nick informed everyone, while holding up a cup of red juice.

“I thought I was Howie?” Howie asked sounding confused.

“No!” Nick yelled.

“Then who am I?” Howie asked.

“You’re I4,” Nick explained, “This is Howie!” Nick pointed to the cup of juice.

Howie looked at Nick oddly as he handed him the glass.

“Here,” Nick said.

After Howie finished drinking Nick started talking again.

“Poor Howie,” he said, “He’s all alone, because he doesn’t have a girlfriend.”

We all laughed at how Nick said that last sentence, even Howie.

“So,” Howie asked, “are you gonna give Howie a girlfriend?”

Nick thought about it for a minute and shook his head.

“No,” Nick replied, “this is better for him.”

Howie looked at him oddly. Then Kevin ran in panting.

“What's wrong Kevin?” Brian asked.

“AJ made me walk a mile cuz he said he heard water to the east,” Kevin answered.

“Yeah, there is water to the east,” Hannie clarified, “That’s the creek, it goes into the lake.”

Kevin let out a sigh and asked, “Do you have a chair I could sit in?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “You can sit in that blue one right there.”

Kevin nodded his head and sat down.

“Is AJ still out there?” Nick asked.

“Yeah,” Kevin replied.

“D,” Hannie told me, “We have to send the guys out soon so that it’s a secret that they’re here.”

“Where do we sit after we are ‘here’?” Howie asked.

“We were gonna let you sit in our officer chairs,” I told them.

“Oh no,” Nick exclaimed, “We can’t let you do that!”

“Hannie, can you get the extra chairs?” I asked.

Hannie nodded her head. She went to the back and got out a green chair, a yellow chair, a red chair, and two blue chairs.

“Is this good?” She asked.

The Backstreet Boys and I nodded.

They then took their chairs and headed outside behind the house, where no one goes.

Hannie and I then prepared for the meeting.

Once everyone had arrived we started the meeting.

“Attention!” I yelled.

Today I was only going to say it once. The time with the boys is precious. And I didn’t want to delay it any longer.

I looked out at everyone and saw that almost immediately, I had gotten their attention.

“Alright,” I asked, “is there any business?”

Carrie raised her hand and I nodded.

“When are you going to draw the name?” Carrie asked.

“Not yet,” I replied.

Carrie nodded.

“Any other business?” I asked.

Everyone else shook their heads. So I continued.

“And now,” I announced, “We would like to introduce you, to some friends of ours.”

I put my hand out to the door and right on cue the Backstreet Boys walked in with their chairs. Nick almost ran Brian over to sit on my right side. And once they were all settled the real fun began.

“Does anyone have any questions for BSB?” Hannie asked.

All of a sudden I heard a scream. I looked at Hannie, and she looked at me. And when I looked out at everyone else I saw terror.

I saw Mikka standing up on the little white table screaming. I saw Phanny and Cassie’s eyes get huge, as well. And when I looked at the corner I saw a giant albino spider.

I looked at Nick and he looked back at me.

“What’s that?” Nick asked.

“An albino spider,” I replied.

All of a sudden the spider jumped towards the table Mikka was on and she leaped off. And she jumped up so high that she almost touched the ceiling.

When Howie saw Mikka he shouted, “Don’t worry! I’ll save you!”

Howie got over to where Mikka was just in time and he caught her.

When Mikka noticed she was near Howie she stopped shaking and relaxed, but Phanny and Cassie were still scared.

I could see Phanny’s eyes moving back and forth, following the spider. And Cassie was just as scared, if not more.

The pupils in her blue eyes had turned into the spider. Her pupils moved up and down every time the spider moved. She sat there like that for two minutes, and then the spider jumped at her. Cassie’s eyes moved inward and she fell backwards, fainting.

Phanny managed to hide behind the desk and the spider didn’t notice her. After that, Hannie grabbed a tissue and put the spider outside.

“Wow!” Nick exclaimed and laughed.

“I can’t believe the spider did that,” I agreed.

“Maybe it’s Justin Timberlake in disguise,” Nick suggested.

“No wonder it was so scary!” I agreed.

We both laughed.