- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's a short story I did a long time ago.
Abby pulled the covers over her tiny frame. She looked around the almost pitch black room looking for the noise she heard.

“Abby,” A raspy voice said from under her bed. “Abby, do you want to play?” She fell to her pillow and pulling the covers over her head. “Abby, do you want to be friends?” She sat up again.

“Leave me alone.” She said meekly. “You…you…don’t scare me.”

“Abby, c’mon. Come down here and play.” She shook her head. “C’mon!” A thing reached out from underneath the bed trying to grab her. But she jumped off the bed and ran out the door to her mother’s room. She pushed opened the door and jumped on to the bed next to her mom.

“What the?” Her mom turned on the light. “Baby, what are you doing here?”

“There’s a monster under my bed.” Abby said looking up at her mother with her big puppy dog eyes.

“Honey there is no monsters under your bed.” She picked up the small girl and took her to her room. She turned on the light and put Abby down near the doorway. She knelt down next to the bed.

“Mommy, no!” Her mom lifted the skirt of the bed up. She looked at her daughter whose eyes were closed tightly. She pulled Abby towards her.

“See there is nothing under there.” Abby opened her eyes and looked under the bed. There was nothing but her shoes and a few dust bunnies. Her mom picked her up and put her back to bed. “I’ll leave the hall light on if you want?” Abby shook her head yes. Her mom kissed her good night, got up and turned off the lights in the room. She looked in at her daughter. “Good night, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite.”