- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I apologize that the chapters are so short. I'm always complaining about short chapters, & am now doing the same thing. The irony. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything else. Thank-you!

Donatello entered the lair, only to be met by questioning stares from two thirds of his brothers.

"Whatcha got under your coat?" Michaelangelo queried. "It's not a pizza, is it?"

Donatello shook his head. "No. It's not a pizza."

"Then what is it?" Leonardo questioned, noting that his brother was missing his bandana.

"Where's Master Splinter?"

"In his room meditating, why?" Leonardo replied. "What's wrong Donnie?"

Donatello carried the bundle in his arms into Splinter's room, and stood quietly watching his sensei for a couple moments, before softly clearing his throat.

Splinter looked up. "What is it my son?"

"Master Splinter, I need some advice."

"Well, it must be important if it could not wait until morning. Please, have a seat my son."

Donatello remained standing and began to fidget slightly.

"Uh...Sensei. I need to know what to do with her," Donatello said, as he revealed the small child. "I found her wandering around Central Park by herself. I couldn't just leave her there; she would've froze or starved or something."

"Is she hurt?"

"No. I kind of had to change her diaper," Donatello told him. "She was really upset and seemed quite scared."

"It is only natural for a child her size to be scared," Splinter stated. "The poor child has probably been wandering around for a couple days now. It also does not help being in Central Park, and having a rather large turtle talk to you."

"So what should I do, Master Splinter?" Donatello interrogated.

"Did she say where her parents were?"

"I don't think she has any."

"Why do you say that?"

"I don't know. I've just this feeling."

"Well, I do tell you to trust your instincts my son. Keep her here for a few days; see if we can find her family," Splinter instructed. "If we can not find them, we will decide what to do with her."

"Okay. Thanks Sensei."

"Donatello."

"Yes, Master?"

"Put her in one of the spare rooms for tonight."

"Yes, Sensei."

Donatello then left the room with her still asleep in his arms.

"Whoa," Michaelangelo gasped when he saw the girl. "Who's she?"

"I found her in the park," Donatello responded. "Sensei said to keep her here until we find her family. If we don't, we'll go from there."

"How old is she?" Leonardo wanted to know.

"Two," Donatello answered, as he carried her into one of the spare rooms. "Find some pillows. We'll have to place them around her so she won't fall out. Actually, put some on the floor too, in case she does fall out of bed."

Leonardo nodded, then went off in search of pillows. He returned shortly with an armload of them and dropped them onto the foot of the bed.

"Is this enough?" He asked.

"We'll know once we've placed them where they have to be," Donatello replied. "I think it will be though."