- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last one for tonight. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. I own everything else. Thank-you!

Meanwhile at the lair....

"Donatello, how could you break a promise to the child?" Splinter demanded. "I thought that you were the responsible one out of the four."

"I am responsible," Donatello replied. "Nobody's perfect, you know."

"He didn't say you were, Donatello," Raphael snapped. "That's Leo's department."

"Hey!" Leonardo exclaimed.

Raphael ignored him and continued. "You didn't have to see the look of worry and disappointment on her face. We did."

"Everyone gets like that at times," Donatello shrugged.

"How the hell can you not care 'bout the fact that you, of all people, hurt her?" Leonardo yelled. "She's not our responsibility! She's yours!"

"But..."

"Your brothers are right, my son," Splinter spoke up. "We all love Lana, but she is your responsibility, and not anyone else's. We will always help you look after her, but you are the one she will need the most."

"Excuse me for helping an orphan!" Donatello shouted. "You were the one who told me to keep her, Sensei! She should be your responsibility, not mine!"

"What? You saying you don't love her?" Raphael retorted.

"You saying you do, Raph?" Donatello returned.

"Who says I am?" Raphael shot-back. "Just 'cause I don't care don't mean you gotta try and pin all the damn blame on me!"

"Whatever," Donatello said with a quick shake of his head. "I don't need this shit."

"Donatello, what ever has gotten into you?" Splinter queried, as his son began to walk away. "I have never seen you like this before."

"Lana's what's gotten into me, alright?" Donatello hollered, turning back toward his master. "Everytime I turn around she's there getting in my way! I'm sick of it!"

"She gets in our way too, you know," Leonardo told him bitterly. "But you don't see us breaking promises to her and making her worry like you wouldn't believe."

"I don't give a damn what you do or don't do!" Donatello bellowed. "I needed a damn break from being her frigin' guardian!"

"You think I never needed a break from you and your brothers?" Splinter challenged. "Hmm?"

"I don't give a shit if you did or not!" Donatello riposted. "You had the ability to go wherever the hell you wanted without telling anyone, yet for some reason I don't!"

Splinter glared at his furious son, and spoke calmly, but sternly. "Donatello. Ten flips. Now."

"No!" Donatello growled. "I won't!"

His brother in blue looked at him surprised. Jeez. Even his brother in red looked on in disbelief, for not even he had the guts to refuse their sensei's punishments.

"Donatello..."

"Screw you!" Donatello snarled.

That was it! Master Splinter had had enough then. Without a moment's hesitation, he quickly took his cane and swiped his son's feet out from under him. He watched as Donatello fell to the floor, and groaned as he'd landed on his shell pretty hard.

Donatello looked up at his father, who had his walking stick jammed into his chest to keep him on the ground.

"Do not ever disrespect me again," Splinter stated. "Now, I would advise you to do those ten flips before I get angrier than I am."

Donatello glared at his sensei as he lifted his walking stick off him, then got up, brushed himself off, and headed to the practice room to do his ten flips.