- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Because I felt like it. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. I own everything else. Thank-you!

Months later....

"Lana, do you feel alright?" Donatello asked. "You don't look so good."

"I'm fine," she muttered.

"You sure?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

"Well, then, get ready for school. You have that math test and field trip today."

She groaned inwardly, but went to get ready anyway. Once she was ready, Donatello dropped her off at school, then took off to do the grocery shopping.

"Hey Lana!" Jeff yelled, waving as he hurried over to her.

"Hi Jeff," Lana mumbled.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she said, forcing a small smile. "You ready for that math test?"

"No, not really. You?"

She shook her head. "No."

The bell rang then, and they quickly hurried into the school, as not to b late. After they'd taken their math test, they all climbed onto a bus to go to Old MacDonald's farm. On the bus, Jeff and Lana made sure to sit next to one another. During the ride there, Lana threw up, but insisted it was just carsickness. They finally reached the farm, and began to sing and laugh.

"Old MacDonald had a farm. E-I-E-I-O! And on his farm he had some pigs. E-I- E-I-O! With an oink oink here, and an oink oink there. Here an oink, there an oink, everywhere an oink oink. Old MacDonald had a farm. E-I-E-I-O! And on his farm he had a cow. E-I-E-I-O! With a."

While Jeff sang along loudly, Lana just mumbled the words under her breath.

"Lana, are you sure you're okay?" Jeff asked worriedly, for his best friend was as white as a sheet.

"I told you, I'm fine," Lana snapped unintentionally.

"Okay," Jeff shrugged. "You say so."

And she was fine. She was fine until they went into the barn that is. Once the horrible stench reached her nose, she began to gag repeatedly.

"Lana, what's wrong?" Jeff questioned.

Lana continued to gag, then suddenly threw up.

"Eew!" Was the unanimous sound.

Jeff looked worried, but pulled her into a hug as she started to cry.

"I want Donnie," she whimpered. "I wanna go home."

"Ms. Bananabee!" Jeff cried. "Lana's sick!"

Ms. Bananabee scurried over to where Jeff was standing with Lana.

"Lana, what's wrong Dear?" Ms. Bananabee queried. "Are you feeling alright?"

"No," Lana pouted.

"Does Donatello know you're sick?" Ms. Bananabee interrogated.

"Not really," Lana replied incoherently. "He asked, but...."

"You told him no, right?"

"Yeah."

"Lana, I'm going to call home and see if I can get a hold of Donatello," Ms. Bananabee said. "Wait outside near the bus. Jeff go with her."

"Yes, Ms. Bananabee," Jeff answered.

A little while later, Lana saw Raphael's motorcycle pull up next to the bus. Lana waved good-bye to Ms. Bananabee and, with Jeff's help, walked over to where Raphael was.

"Hey Kid," Raphael riposted. "Not feeling so good, eh?"

She shook her head slowly, immediately wishing she hadn't done so as it made her dizzy.

"You think you can hold onto me?" Raphael queried. "Or are you too sick to do so?"

"I'll hold on," she grumbled.

"Hop on then," Raphael replied. "And make it quick. I don't need someone getting a good look at me."

Suddenly, he noticed Jeff standing there wide-eyed.

"You're a....a...." Jeff tried, but found he couldn't get his words out.

"Don't say nothing," Raphael stated, giving him a Look. "I mean it Jeff. Don't say a word."

"How...."

"You're Lana's best friend," Raphael replicated. "I've seen your picture and you numerous times. You're all Lana ever talks about."

"Oh," Jeff nodded slightly.

"This is our lil' secret, alright? We don't want anyone to try and take Lana away, now do we?"

Jeff shook his head. "No. I'll keep quiet. I promise."

"Bye Jeff," Lana whispered. "And thanks."

Jeff smiled at her. "No prob."

Raphael roared off then, with Lana clinging to him.

"You okay, Kid?" Raphael checked as they neared the lair. "You're awfully quiet."

"Fine," she muttered, burying her head into his shell.

Once home, Raphael picked her up and carried her to bed, as she was too exhausted and dizzy to make it there herself.