- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hehe. Don't I usually post a few at a time for this fic? So why yah look so surprised? Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. I own everything else. Thank-you!

Later that day....

"How you feeling?" Raphael asked, as he entered Lana's room. "You feel any better than before?"

She groaned slightly. "No."

"Here," Raphael said, passing her a bowl of soup. "Maybe this will make you feel a bit better."

"I doubt it, but I'll try."

Raphael felt bad, for he'd never seen her this sick before. Sure she'd had the flu and numerous colds over the years, but never had she looked as she did at that very moment. She looked so small and fragile and lifeless. He wanted nothing more than to make her better right then and there, but knew he couldn't and had to let things take its course.

"Raph?" She croaked.

"Yeah, Kiddo?"

"Will you read me a story? Please?"

Raphael looked at the pale face staring back at him, and for the first time ever, felt his heart ache.

"Dammit!" He thought. "She's killing me!"

He sighed. "Sure Kid. What book do you want?"

"Hmm. I want Charlotte's Web."

"Okay. Give me a minute to find it and make sure no one's coming."

Raphael did as he'd said, then made his way over to her bed.

"Scoot over."

She moved over some, and he sat down next to her to read the book.

"On a warm spring day...." Raphael began.