- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's more! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, her friends, her teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. Thank-you!

Next day....

"Hey Donnie," Lana smiled weakly, as she sat up some in her bed.

"Hey Kiddo," Donatello smiled warmly. "How are you feeling?"

"Like crap," she replied.

"Lana," Donatello said sternly. "Language."

She groaned. "Sorry."

"Here, I have something that might make you feel better."

He handed her a cup.

"Be careful. It's still kinda hot."

"What is it?" She asked, eyeing it suspiciously.

"Master Splinter's home remedy. Guaranteed to make you feel better by the end of the day."

"And if it don't....I mean, doesn't?"

Donatello shrugged. "Who knows. But it's worth a shot, is it not?"

She sighed, but took a sip of the green tea anyway.

"Blech!" She gagged. "Gross!"

"Well, nobody said it'd taste good," Donatello chuckled slightly. "Now drink up."

"Donnie!" She whined. "Do I have to?"

"Yes," Donatello nodded. "You wanna get better, don't you?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Lana mumbled, before taking another sip of the tea. "Yick!"

"Get some rest, alright?" Donatello said. "I have to go out for awhile, but Raphael will be here."

She pouted. "No Mikey?"

"Nope. Sorry Kiddo. Mikey went to the arcade."

"Damn!" She groaned.

"Lana, I'm not going to tell you again," Donatello stated. "Sick or not, you don't stop swearing and I'll take you over my knee, you hear?"

Lana nodded grimly. "Yes."

"Now, be good," he told her as he kissed her head. "You need anything, just give Raph a shout."

"Okay."

She watched quietly as Donatello left. Shortly after he'd left she became bored.

"Raph!" She called.

"What?" Raphael yelled from the den.

"I'm bored!"

"Read a book!" Raphael shouted.

"Will you read to me? Please?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"I'm busy!"

"But Raph!"

"Lana!" Raphael barked annoyed.

"Fine! Be mean!" She screamed. "See what I care!"

"Lana Marie!" Raphael roared from down the hall. "Enough!"

"Hmph!" She thought. "What a grump. You'd figure he'd be nicer to me, seeing as I am sick."

She did what he'd suggested though, and read until she had to make a mad dash for the bathroom. She was so busying puking her guts out into the toilet bowl, that she didn't hear someone come in. She didn't know anyone was there, until she felt somebody rub her back. As soon as the hand touched her back, she tensed.

"It's okay, Kid," she heard Raphael say. "It's just me."

She groaned, as she adjusted herself so she could lean on him.

"Feeling like crap, eh?"

"No shit," she grumbled, then looked kind of scared. "Donnie's not home, is he?"

"No. Why?"

"Phew!" She sighed relieved, then asked worriedly, "You won't tell him I swore, will you?"

"Lana, I'm no tattletale, unless I've a good reason to be one," Raphael told her. "You swearing every so often is not a good enough excuse to tattle."

"Thank God," she sighed again.

"But, I will be in shit myself soon, if you don't stop repeating things you hear me say," he replicated. "I don't wanna be doing ten flips again. If I have to do them 'cause of you, I won't be the least bit happy, you hear?"

"Yes," she whispered, before winding up with her head back in the toilet bowl.

While she threw up Raphael rubbed her back gently, and comforted her, as he knew just how much she hated being sick. Hell, he knew exactly how much anyone hated being sick.

Once her stomach had finally settled some, he carried her back to bed and tucked her in. He gave her some gravel, then left her to get some rest once more.

She'd been asleep for about two hours, when Donatello came in to check on her.

"Lana," he called softly. "Lana, you gotta get up, Hun."

"Mmm," she groaned annoyed. "Go away."

"Sorry, but I need to take your temperature, Kiddo," he apologized. "Otherwise I'd let you sleep."

She opened her eyes and gave him a jaded (exhausted) glare.

Donatello took her temperature, frowned, then gave her a tylenol, and made her drink some more of the disgusting tea.

"Why do you always gotta be so mean?" She pouted. "You know that stuff's disgusting."

"Because I want you to get better," Donatello said softly, tucking her in again. "Now hush, and go back to sleep."

"But Donnie!" She whined. "All I've done is sleep!"

"Hey, you were the one grumbling a minute ago 'bout being woken up, not me," Donatello reminded her. "Besides, the more rest you get, the faster you'll get better."

"What if I don't wanna get better?" she queried. "Hmm?"

"Then you can be the one with your head in the throne for a longer period of time," he replied. "But since I know you don't want that, then I suggest you do as I said, and get some rest."

"I hate it when you're right," she mumbled as she closed her eyes and slowly drifted back to Lala Land.

"Poor kid," Donatello thought. "Home a day and already she's going stir crazy."