- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last one for tonight. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. I own everything else. Thank-you!

Two years later....

"I'm going to Jeff's!" Lana called.

Leonardo looked up from his book and eyed her backpack. "You staying over at his place?"

"Yep," she nodded. "Donnie said I could."

"Did he also say you're allowed to walk there by yourself after dark?" Leonardo queried suspiciously.

"Well.I.um.no," she admitted.

"Lana," Leonardo began, "you know you're not allowed up top after dark by yourself. You're not even allowed to wander the sewer after dark by yourself."

"But...." she protested.

Leonardo held up his hand, silencing her.

"You know you're supposed to get one of us to go with you."

She looked sheepishly at her feet. "I.I thought you'd be busy, that's all."

"Lana, we're never too busy to make sure you are safe from harm," Leonardo smiled lightly. "You ought to know that by now."

"Sorry," she mumbled. "I didn't think going to Jeff's was that big a deal."

"It is when it's dark out," Leonardo said. "Now, c'mon. I'll take you there."

"But it's not that far!" She cried. "Nothing's gonna happen to me if I walk a couple blocks by myself!"

"Lana Marie," Leonardo stated, as he put his book down, and stood up. "Either I take you there myself, or you don't go at all, no matter what Donnie said."

"But...." she trailed off, as she looked at the angry turtle towering over her.

She sighed annoyed. "Fine. You win."

"Now was that so hard?" Leonardo asked, smiling slightly.

"Yes," she grumbled.

"I can still make it so you can't go," Leonardo reminded her. "I've say in the matter too, you know; not just Donnie."

She crossed her arms, did a little frustrated dance, then stood in, what they liked to call, her Raphael stance.

Leonardo gave her a Look, which told her she was trying his patience and had better smarten up or else.

"Problem?" He questioned.

She muttered something.

"What's that? I didn't hear you."

"No," she said simply, then asked, "Can we go now?"

"It's all depends."

"On what?"

"Whether or not you're going to lose the Raph attitude and treat me with some respect."

"Respect, respect, respect!" She thought. "That's all anyone ever talks about anymore, is respect."

"Well?" Leonardo pressed.

"Sorry," she said, only half meaning it, as she lost her Raphael stance and adjusted her backpack.

"Will you please take me to Jeff's, Leo?" She queried, finally looking at him. "Pretty please?"

"Give me a minute to grab my hat and coat," he replied.

She waited impatiently as he put his hat and trench coat on. Once he was ready, they left for Jeff's. Leonardo walked her to Jeff's house and stood at the end of the driveway to make sure she got in okay.

The door opened, revealing Jeff, who waved to Leonardo before letting Lana inside. Once inside, they both watched Leonardo, making sure he was gone for good, before going back outside.

"Are you sure about this?" Jeff asked.

"Yes," Lana told him. "I'm really sure about this."

"But what if we get caught?"

"Look. You told your Mom you were sleeping over at Drew's, and I told them I was coming here."

"What if they phone my Mom?"

"She'll tell them we went to Drew's for the night. You assured me she doesn't know his number off by heart, and the guys don't know it, nor where he lives, so they won't be able to get a hold of him or us. You also said she never wrote it down anywhere 'cause you never gave it to her, and I know it's not in the phone book 'cause I checked. This plan is sealed with a kiss."

"Sealed with a kiss?" Jeff repeated confused.

"A 'Kevin Is So Sexy' kiss," Lana smirked.

"I should've known," Jeff muttered.

The two of them hailed a cab, and were quickly headed off towards the Amsterdam Theatre, in Amsterdam, New York.