- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last one for tonight. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I own everything that is not BSB or TMNT related. Mirage Studios owns TMNT & BSB own themselves. Thank-you!

Note: The stuff in italics, is the TMNT song Count On Us.

After the concert.....

"Uh-oh," Lana whispered more to herself, than to Jeff.

"What? What's wrong?" Jeff wanted to know. "You didn't lose your souvenirs, did you?"

"No, but...."

"But what?"

"We're outta money," she told him guiltily. "I accidentally spent it all."

"What?!?" Jeff exclaimed. "Lana! How could you spend all our money?"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to," she mumbled. "But souvenirs are expensive!"

"How are we supposed to get home?"

"I dunno."

"Great," Jeff muttered. "Now we have to walk home."

"Why can't we just call home?"

"Hello! Stupid! You forget your own damn plan?" Jeff yelled. "We can't call home, 'cause no one knows we're here!"

"Oh, yeah," Lana said quietly. "I forgot...."

"Jeez. You meet Brian and everything else flies outta your damn head," Jeff snapped.

"Look!" Lana retorted. "I said I was sorry! Besides, you spent the money too!"

"Well, let's get walking then," Jeff grumbled.

They began to walk, and were soon about halfway home. Neither of them talked to the other until they'd reached the halfway point.

"Sorry," Jeff apologized suddenly. "I didn't mean to yell at you back there. I know you hated the idea of walking home more than me, seeing as you are afraid of the dark."

"I'm sorry too," Lana replied. "I didn't mean to snap either, but felt like shit 'cause you kept yelling at me when not everything was my fault."

They smiled shyly at one another, then held hands. Suddenly, teenagers, who were out looking for trouble, surrounded them. The two of them ran, but wound up in a dead end alley, with the teens right behind them.

"Uh-oh," Jeff said. "This doesn't look good."

"Well, lookie what we got here," the one guy sneered. "A couple of snot-nosed runts invading our territory."

"Not by choice, I assure you," Jeff managed. "If we had known this was your territory, we wouldn't have come here."

"Well, you did," another guy growled. "Now we get the pleasure of making ya pay."

The two nine-year-olds gulped.

They all were silent as they heard a subway go by underneath them. Suddenly, Lana thought of the song that Donatello had written for her.

There's a rumble starting underground
You know we're on our way
Move like the night so that we can't be found
Coming to save the day

Lana, you know we're with you
And that you'll be okay

Lana squeezed Jeff's hand, as they backed up into the wall behind them.

"Donnie, where are you?" She whispered.

"What'd you say kid?" One guy demanded. "Speak up so we can a hear ya."

"I....I said, Donnie will kill you," she lied.

"Who's Donnie?" The shortest guy queried. "It ain't ya friend here, whose 'bout peed his pants, is it?"

"Donnie's my.my friend," she said, not wanting to say guardian for fear of being laughed at even more so. "He'll be mad if you hurt us."

"Yeah, well, Donnie ain't around, now is he?" Their leader smirked evilly, as they began to move in on them.

Wherever you are, you know that we're never far

Lana felt both fear and panic soar through her body, as she watched the nine teenagers inch closer with every step. As they crept closer, another part of the song popped into her head.

When you're in trouble, don't know where to turn
Looks like it's come to an end
Just hang on because you're going to learn,
well you can count on your friends

"Hey!" One guy cried, as he suddenly disappeared from sight.

"What the...." another guy trailed off, as he was attacked by an unseen enemy.

Then she heard Raphael's voice.

"Get offa me, you punk!"

No one can stop us once the fight's begun

Ain't gonna stop until the foot's undone

Both Lana and Jeff watched wide-eyed as the turtles fought off their attackers. Once all the teenagers had been knocked out and tied up, the turtles stepped into what little light there was.

Lana looked at their angry faces. "Um....hi?"

"Are you okay?" Leonardo demanded.

They nodded slowly. "Mm hmm."

"Let's go then," Leonardo said. "Jeff, your mother's worried sick."

"We'll talk later," Donatello stated, as he took hold of Lana's hand.

Lana hung her head ashamed, and walked silently next to him.