- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I figured I'd update, seeing as Ashee's updated twice today & not wnating to be out-done, I decided to hunt this chapter down-lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore, Jeff, Drew, teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. BSB obviously owns themselves. Thank-you!

Warning: Michaelangelo is way out of character in this chapter. He is truly nothing like this at all - I swear I got weird when writing this story. Also, mild language - which is also not like Michaelangelo one bit.
Three months down the road....

"Lana!"

Lana dashed into the den. "Yes, Mikey?"

Michaelangelo gave her a stern look.

"I mean, Michaelangelo," she corrected herself.

"Why the hell is your damn Nintendo lying all over the place?" He demanded. "I thought Donnie had told you to clean up after yourself?"

"I'm not done playing," she answered. "I had to go to the bathroom."

"Bathroom my ass!" Michaelangelo snapped. "Did it ever occur to you that some of us just may wanna watch T.V. sometime soon?"

She shrunk back some. "Sorry. Guess I forgot to ask everyone. Donnie said I could play, so I decided to do just that."

"Yeah, well, Donnie is not the boss of the lair," Michaelangelo pointed out. "Therefore, I want you to get that damn Nintendo out of my sight before I throw it out. You hear me?"

"Hai," she responded, eyes wide.

Michaelangelo watched as she just stood there.

"I said move it!" He barked. "Now!"

Lana sprung into action then and hurriedly began to pack up her Nintendo. Once she'd finished she sat down on the couch.

Michaelangelo gave an annoyed cough, and when she looked up, pointed towards her room.

Lana looked at him clearly puzzled. "What?"

"Room. Go."

"But..."

Michaelangelo got a Raphael menacing look on his face, and crossed his arms.

"Jeez," Lana thought. "If his bandanas were red, he'd pass for Raph in an instant."

She sighed, but got up and began the walk to her room.

"Step along!" Michaelangelo yelled. "Now! Before I get violent!"

Lana turned to look at him, with a confused/skeptical look on her face. Michaelangelo recognized the look, grew angrier, and stalked towards her. He'd just about reached her, when she realized he was serious, and darted towards her room. He chased her there, only to have the door slammed in his face.

Lana threw herself on her bed crying as Michaelangelo began to pound on her door and curse up a storm. She grew more scared by the minute as she'd never seen him act like this before, and he'd never sworn at her either. She sat up and huddled in the corner of her bed farthest from the door, as she heard him fighting with the lock.

"Where is everyone?" She wondered. "Someone should've been home by now."

"Lana Marie! You open this door right now, you hear me?" Michaelangelo shouted. "Don't think you're gonna get away with this. Once this door is open, I'm gonna tan your ass so good and hard, you'll wish you'd never gone to either of those concerts, much less stolen my money!"

"The money," she thought miserably. "It's been four months, and he's still upset about the money."

"Michaelangelo!" She heard a voice snap. "What on earth are you doing?"

"This doesn't concern you, Sensei," Michaelangelo retorted. "So kindly butt out."

"Michaelangelo! Step away from that door! Now."

Michaelangelo cast an annoyed look at his father, only to see him with a quite unpleasant look on his face.

"But..."

"Michaelangelo, I am not telling you again," Splinter said harshly. "Go do ten flips. Now."

The turtle in orange growled his frustration, but did as his master had ordered. Once he'd left, the fury rat gently knocked on the door.

"Lana?"

"Master Splinter?"

"Yes, my child. Please, come open the door. I assure you that Michaelangelo is gone and will not cause you any harm."

Lana got off the bed and cautiously went over and unlocked the door. Once she'd unlocked it, she dove back onto her bed, resuming her upright fetal position.

Splinter entered the room, closing the door behind him, then made his way over to the bed and sat down.

"Now, tell me what has happened to get Michaelangelo so upset."

"I-I was playing Nintendo," Lana told him. "Donnie said I could. I went to the bathroom, and when I came out Mikey was mad 'cause I'd left my games all over the floor."

"You know they should not be strewn everywhere."

"They were only like that 'cause I'd just figured out which one to play, when I had to.um.pee," she stated. "I was gonna pick 'em up once I got back. Honest."

"Did Michaelangelo let you explain?"

She shook her head. "I tried, but everytime I said something, he just got madder. He chased me to my room too. He's still mad 'bout the money."

"Money?"

She looked down at her hands sheepishly.

"Oh." Splinter gave an acknowledging nod. "I see."

Lana looked back up at him, with tears brimming in her eyes. "Why's he hate me? I apologized numerous times and repaid him. If it'd help any, I'd let him know just how bad I still feel 'bout it."

Splinter motioned for her to come closer and when she did pulled her into a hug.

"My child," he began. "Michaelangelo very rarely gets angry, but when he does, he does not know how to handle it. Like Raphael, he will take his anger out on others, but because it is him, and not Raphael, people are more shocked and unable to handle it. Everyone is used to Raphael's moods, but we are only used to seeing Michaelangelo happy or concerned. He will get over it eventually, it just takes him longer to accept things as they are."

"But..."

Splinter placed a finger on her mouth, silencing her. "Also, because it was you, his little sister, who stole from him, it will take longer for him to get over it. He trusted you with all his heart and so much more, but you broke that trust the moment you decided to get the money you needed from his wallet. Michaelangelo is a very trusting person, so when someone breaks his trust it affects him deeply."

"I never meant to break his trust," Lana whispered. "I didn't even think of it as stealing. I just considered it 'borrowing' from a friend. Mikey's my hero; I'd never hurt him on purpose. I love him too much to do that. If I'd known that taking his money would hurt him, I'd never have taken it to see Brian."

"Little One, I think it is Michaelangelo who needs to be hearing this, and not me."

"But what if he tries to attack me again?"

"I will make sure he does not." Splinter stood up and took hold of her hand. "Come along."

They entered the practice room where Michaelangelo was doing his ten flips. Splinter spoke with him first, then left him and Lana to themselves to work things out."

"Sensei said you had something to tell me," Michaelangelo stated bluntly.

Lana nodded. "I never meant to hurt you. If I'd known taking the money would upset you, I never would've done it."

Michaelangelo waited as she paused.

"You're my hero, Mikey," she told him softly. "I love Brian like you wouldn't believe, but love you even more. I'd never hurt you on purpose. It tears me up inside, knowing I've hurt you, and that I've broken your trust. I don't think I've ever felt so bad in my life. I wish there was something to make it all just go away. I miss spending time with you, and my nunchucks have been sitting in a corner for months now."

Michaelangelo thought about what she'd said, then gave a small grin.

"I miss you too, Kiddo."

She looked up at him with a shy smile on her face. "Really?"

Michaelangelo nodded, then opened his arms for a hug.

Lana immediately flew into his awaiting arms and hugged him tight. "I love you, Mikey."

"I love you too, Lana."

They hugged for awhile longer, then Michaelangelo broke the silence.

"You think we can get Master Splinter to let me outta doing these stupid ten flips?" He asked jokingly. "Hmm?"

Lana laughed. "I don't know. Maybe."

"Well, you do have a certain charm to you, that makes it impossible for people to not give in," Michaelangelo pointed out.

"I'll try," she replied. "But I better not end up having to do them."

"You won't. Splinter would never make you do them for something as lame as that."

Lana smirked devilishly at him, then left him in the practice room. Soon Michaelangelo heard her voice, and chuckled to himself.

"Oh, Master Splinter..."